Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Hey fellas, I'm looking for a suit for future interviews (tech industry, if that matters) and for my graduation in 2 weeks.  Do y'all think this suit would work for my needs?  I've never had an interview before, so I'm clueless on if this would look too informal.  Thanks in advance, appreciate the help!

It'll be fine. Especially in the tech industry; most people come to interviews wearing oversized pastel shirts and polos tucked into pleated choppa pants. Any suit at all would make you look more professional than anyone else. This is speaking from experience, I've lived and worked in the Bay Area for my entire life outside of college :lol:

Last edited:
It'll be fine. Especially in the tech industry; most people come to interviews wearing oversized pastel shirts and polos tucked into pleated choppa pants. Any suit at all would make you look more professional than anyone else. This is speaking from experience, I've lived and worked in the Bay Area for my entire life outside of college
laugh.gif
Yeah, it's kinda sad how badly dressed tech people are
laugh.gif
.  So, they don't get written off for dressing like that?  I definitely feel a bit better now though since you've seen that first-hand, thanks for info!
a peak lapel window pane suit is pretty bold. it should not be your only suit
Right now, it would just be my suit for interviews, but I plan on getting another once I get a job.  Would you suggest I go a different route?  The price, $350 for jacket/pants, is the most appealing aspect, being honest.  Appreciate the help!

If y'all might have some suggestions, I'm a 36/s with a 29 waist and looking to spend under $500 for jacket/pants.

Last edited:
you should get a solid navy or charcoal and add others from there. they are by far the most versatile. no one will disagree with me on this

Yeah, it's kinda sad how badly dressed tech people are :lol: .  So, they don't get written off for dressing like that?  I definitely feel a bit better now though since you've seen that first-hand, thanks for info!

Right now, it would just be my suit for interviews, but I plan on getting another once I get a job.  Would you suggest I go a different route?  The price, $350 for jacket/pants, is the most appealing aspect, being honest.  Appreciate the help!

If y'all might have some suggestions, I'm a 36/s with a 29 waist and looking to spend under $500 for jacket/pants.

all the tech companies I worked for only cared if you met the bare minimum for the dress code. What are they really gonna say to a 4.0 engineering grad (not me, I'm an accountant) for wearing a baggy yellow polo tucked into wranglers with Asics running shoes :lol:

you should get a solid navy or charcoal and add others from there. they are by far the most versatile. no one will disagree with me on this
Yeah, I was looking at some navy Ludlows, but the price was a bit out of my range for the jacket/pants.  I'll keep looking though, thanks!
all the tech companies I worked for only cared if you met the bare minimum for the dress code. What are they really gonna say to a 4.0 engineering grad (not me, I'm an accountant) for wearing a baggy yellow polo tucked into wranglers with Asics running shoes
laugh.gif
True
laugh.gif
.  Appreciate the help fam!

Yeah, it's kinda sad how badly dressed tech people are :lol: .  So, they don't get written off for dressing like that?  I definitely feel a bit better now though since you've seen that first-hand, thanks for info!

Look back a page or two. This suit is $230 in store. The pattern isn't as bold in person. If someone comes to interview with me, I wouldn't mind it. I guess in some sectors ie finance, it may matter.

Look back a page or two. This suit is $230 in store. The pattern isn't as bold in person. If someone comes to interview with me, I wouldn't mind it. I guess in some sectors ie finance, it may matter.
Is that $230 with the pants?  I saw the picture you posted, but for whatever reason I thought it was a different color.

Is that $230 with the pants?  I saw the picture you posted, but for whatever reason I thought it was a different color.
Yes. Hence I said suit, which means jacket and pants made from the same fabric. The color is more medium gray. It's not light gray like their pics.

$299.99 for jacket. $149.99 for pants. 40 percent off and additional 15 percent off for student discount.

I wouldn't cop for $350. And this is why the same suit that I ordered online for $350 will be going back once it arrives.

Yes. Hence I said suit, which means jacket and pants made from the same fabric. The color is more medium gray. It's not light gray like their pics.

$299.99 for jacket. $149.99 for pants. 40 percent off and additional 15 percent off for student discount.

I wouldn't cop for $350. And this is why the same suit that I ordered online for $350 will be going back once it arrives.
Disregard the PM, sorry about that.  Thanks for the heads up!

I'm looking for a pair of brown penny loafers with a rubber sole. I REALLY like the look of the Cole Haan Hudson penny loafers, but hate the sound of leather/wood soles.

If anyone knows a comparable shoe to the Hudson loafer but with a rubber sole, I would love to hear it.

I'm looking for a pair of brown penny loafers with a rubber sole. I REALLY like the look of the Cole Haan Hudson penny loafers, but hate the sound of leather/wood soles.

If anyone knows a comparable shoe to the Hudson loafer but with a rubber sole, I would love to hear it.

The sound of leather soles are an acquired taste, I hated it before, but love it now. Here are a few I found that are similar

Allen Edmonds Lincoln

Allen Edmonds Kenwood VIP

Allen Edmonds Patriot

Back
Top Bottom