Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Got my uniqlo blazer and john Elliot sweatpants and hoodie waiting for me at home. Pretty stoked.

So at the end of the day, you got the suit cheaper than what you expected?
A lot. I bought the suit online with 30% off code for about $350 taxed.

I got the same suit instore for about $210.

Will return the suit I got from the website.

<--- Needs 2-3 new suits for work (new job and only have 2 suits currently).. Not trying to spend more than $300/suit.. THE STRUGGLE IS SO REAL 
frown.gif

Current Suit lineup:

Navy single and double breast
Charcoal grey
Light Charcoal Blue
Blue Linen
Brown Check/Glenplaid
Light brown solid

what else i need? Light grey?

I need to do an inventory of my line up.

Agree with possibly a light gray and/or a light gray pinstripe as Adrian suggested. I would suggest maybe a bold windowpane?

Current Suit lineup:

Navy single and double breast
Charcoal grey
Light Charcoal Blue
Blue Linen
Brown Check/Glenplaid
Light brown solid

what else i need? Light grey?
What is light charcoal blue?!

A flannel or tweed suit would be nice for cooler weather.

Light gray would be nice. Join my J. Crew movement :lol: it's only a little more than $200.

A cotton one is also cool for the summer time.

Prince of Wale is another favorite pattern of mine.

Do you have pics of the JCrew suit you picked up in store?

It's the same suit I posted the links to a day or so ago. The jacket is or was on sale for $300 and pants was on sale for $150. Online code allowed for 30% off. With tax, it came out to about $350.

Rob said he saw the suit on sale at a deeper discount in person. I went to my local J. Crew the next day to inquire. My guy ordered the jacket and pants for me at a deeper discount. I haven't got anything yet.

Jacket was $250 then 40% off then 15% off. I think the pants was like $150 then 40% off then 15% off.

Light gray would be nice. Join my J. Crew movement
laugh.gif
it's only a little more than $200.

Great, so I need like 10 more suits lol. Thanks for the suggestions.

This is the light charcoal blue:

http://www.blacklapel.com/suits/solid-light-charcoal-blue.html

Light gray would be nice. Join my J. Crew movement
laugh.gif
it's only a little more than $200.

Great, so I need like 10 more suits lol. Thanks for the suggestions.

This is the light charcoal blue:

http://www.blacklapel.com/suits/solid-light-charcoal-blue.html

You know you should have never asked that here :lol:

You wasted 1 on that jcrew joint then bruh.

I know you peeped those new fabrics Jason posted....dat brown :pimp:
Light gray with pattern was always on the list. I was going to go back and get that light gray windowpane from Jason. It would complete the series since I have the brown and navy already. Price hike to $600 is semi holding me back though. I can almost get a Kent Wang for a bit more.

How do you guys avoid the fluff on shirts? I'm a skinny dude but have to fluff my shirts to avoid that first-tucked in look that you get before you adjust.

I don't wanna look like this, which is what I currently have + a little more fluff: 

I'm looking for this effect 

The shirts are more of a modern cut, probably of more fashion forward brands. You gotta find a brand(s) that work for your body type. You can't just buy shirts folded in the plastic bag anymore. You need to try them on.

Yeah that's what I've been doing. I've been unfolding shirts and trying them on. I gotta stop being so cheap and start buying better quality instead of these standard 9-$20 stafford/izod/etc shirts. Noticed some Brooks Brothers shirts even fit that way

Yeah that's what I've been doing. I've been unfolding shirts and trying them on. I gotta stop being so cheap and start buying better quality instead of these standard 9-$20 stafford/izod/etc shirts. Noticed some Brooks Brothers shirts even fit that way

I go custom for shirts but your best/easiest bet would be take the shirt to a tailor and have them dart the back (take it in) to where you like.

PM if you want more details about MTM/custom shirts. I pay around $35-60 a pop.

How do you guys avoid the fluff on shirts? I'm a skinny dude but have to fluff my shirts to avoid that first-tucked in look that you get before you adjust.

I don't wanna look like this, which is what I currently have + a little more fluff: 

I'm looking for this effect 

You don't want the latter as well. Don't fall into the peril of current GQ, which is everything being too tight. A dress shirt shouldn't fit like a compression shirt. I've been there and done that and so have the members in here.

Adrian mentioned it. You can have a tailor open the sides and take in as well as sleeves if need be. I used to do this when I didn't have money to go custom.

Back
Top Bottom