Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Bought a Paul Bentenly suit from one of the local high end suit shops. Super 120 wool, light gray. Very happy with the quality and it was on sale for $375. Regular price was $595.

Bought a Paul Bentenly suit from one of the local high end suit shops. Super 120 wool, light gray. Very happy with the quality and it was on sale for $375. Regular price was $595.
I really like that light grey.  I realize some of it is due to perspective but even relative to your wrist that watch is obnoxiously big and doesn't look good with a suit IMO.

Very nice jacket. Love the subtly and contrast with tie.

I agree the watch doesn't go with the outfit too much. Try to find a watch (if you have more) that goes well with the suit. Maybe a black strap with a white dial?

Those Sean John cuff's are a bit much too. I personally think cuff with logo's are tacky (says you're trying too hard). Get something more subtle.

Cuff links are bit tricky, because it's kind of "luxury" accessory and in most offices--people who wear cuffs are generally at the top and only wear "flashy" cuffs. There's people in my office who wear $700 cuffs :smh:

Sorry if I come off condescending. I'm too used to corporate suitable attire.

Last edited:
Staple pieces for today:

Love the fit wis. Those trousers have waist straps on the side?

I know Phineas Cole from Paul Stuart has been doing that for a few seasons now. I have a pair myself, and I had to send them back to get them altered and put in belt loops. Straps kept loosening.

Love the fit wis. Those trousers have waist straps on the side?

I know Phineas Cole from Paul Stuart has been doing that for a few seasons now. I have a pair myself, and I had to send them back to get them altered and put in belt loops. Straps kept loosening.
Thank you, man. Yep, trousers have side tabs!

I really like that light grey.  I realize some of it is due to perspective but even relative to your wrist that watch is obnoxiously big and doesn't look good with a suit IMO.

Very nice jacket. Love the subtly and contrast with tie.

I agree the watch doesn't go with the outfit too much. Try to find a watch (if you have more) that goes well with the suit. Maybe a black strap with a white dial?

Those Sean John cuff's are a bit much too. I personally think cuff with logo's are tacky (says you're trying too hard). Get something more subtle.

Cuff links are bit tricky, because it's kind of "luxury" accessory and in most offices--people who wear cuffs are generally at the top and only wear "flashy" cuffs. There's people in my office who wear $700 cuffs

Sorry if I come off condescending. I'm too used to corporate suitable attire.

Thanks fellas. The watch isn't as big in person, but I get what you guys are saying. Watches are actually next on my list to build up a nice diverse collection.

I only own about 3-4 cuff link shirts and maybe 2 pair of cufflinks :lol: . I have a gold pair of Burberry cufflinks my dad gave me and those Sean John cufflinks that I bought about 7 years ago :lol: . I agree that cuff links can be tricky and I generally refrain from wearing them.

Thanks for the feedback guys :pimp:

Last edited:
What do you guys do with your slim fit sweaters and Henley's? When I hang them up it leave a hanger impression around the shoulder.

What do you guys do with your slim fit sweaters and Henley's? When I hang them up it leave a hanger impression around the shoulder.

I always fold my sweaters. Hanging them stretches out the material, especially if it's good material such as cashmere.

Last edited:
The only sweaters I hang are cotton since they show the fold lines. The others, ie wool, cashmere, silk, etc are folded into containers with moth repellent packers inside.

The quality and shape of the hangers also play a factor FYI.

The only sweaters I hang are cotton since they show the fold lines. The others, ie wool, cashmere, silk, etc are folded into containers with moth repellent packers inside.

The quality and shape of the hangers also play a factor FYI.

What moth repellent do you use?

Also, for any kind of shirt you hang it's a good idea to have contoured hangers...never hang them on metal drycleaning hangers and even cheap plastic hangers can **** up the shape.

Looking to add a brown shoe to my wardrobe. 149 for the Brooks Park Ave or pay the extra $50 for the AE Park Aves? I know the difference is something with the soles -- can anyone elaborate on that and which would be better bang for my buck? Thanks in advance.

Also, what do you guys think is more versatile between brown and burgundy?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom