Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Thanks bro, APC I forgot bout them I might give them a look. Im in my 30s now so the whole TR statement jeans are not really what im about any more, Im looking at a new wardrobe overall as Ive been carrying this for over 3 years so I gotta get a whole lotta stuff and Im aiming at the jan sales for the most part.

Shirt dropped 1 size also so I gotta get some new shirts and the main cost is a new coat, thinking a 3/4 fitted wool coat.

At least my feet didnt get smaller thats the main thing :smile:

Last edited:
Congrats on the weight loss. I've never heard anyone under 65 call them "blue jeans" though. :tongue:

Levi's has a really wide range of fits and if you plan on losing more, they're really affordable and won't be as tough to handle if it gets to the point they're too big. You can find a lot of pairs for like $40 after coupons. You already know but even though they might've cost a decent amount, I'd avoid TR & such.

Did you neck size change? If you have shirts that otherwise fit and you like and/or weren't cheap, it might be a better option to get some tailored.

Anyone been to Banana Republic in the last few months that might've seen this jacket in store?

Can you speak on quality or fit if you tried it on? I have no desire to go there but I've got like $200 of (in-store only) credit from returning gifts and I never see anything I like there but this looks decent. If I could get 30-40% off it would end up costing me next to nothing but I'm not gonna get it just because...though I do kinda wanna get rid of these credits or I know I'll lose them.

Last edited:
Anyone been to Banana Republic in the last few months that might've seen this jacket in store?

Can you speak on quality or fit if you tried it on? I have no desire to go there but I've got like $200 of (in-store only) credit from returning gifts and I never see anything I like there but this looks decent. If I could get 30-40% off it would end up costing me next to nothing but I'm not gonna get it just because...though I do kinda wanna get rid of these credits or I know I'll lose them.
It just released days ago man. Relax. Regardless if you get 50 percent off its not worth 200

I haven't seen this one, but there was another in store on Blk Friday that was nice in person.

Thanks bro, APC I forgot bout them I might give them a look. Im in my 30s now so the whole TR statement jeans are not really what im about any more, Im looking at a new wardrobe overall as Ive been carrying this for over 3 years so I gotta get a whole lotta stuff and Im aiming at the jan sales for the most part.

Shirt dropped 1 size also so I gotta get some new shirts and the main cost is a new coat, thinking a 3/4 fitted wool coat.

If you haven't reached your target goal yet, keep on grinding and don't buy new stuff until you've reached your goal, bro.

APC would be great for you I think. The jeans have no logos on the exterior at all, and have several fits to cater to different physiques.

I didn't try it on, but felt the quality. Not the greatest leather (obviously).

If I had that $200 credit, I'd use it on stuff like ties, scarves, beanies, or a pair of beater dress shoes for bad weather.

I've seen some of the gifts coming in and a lot of AEs were sent out...that's real dope to see since that's way above the pre-req limit. I'm still waiting for my Foamposites though (it was on my wishlist :frown: )

If you haven't reached your target goal yet, keep on grinding and don't buy new stuff until you've reached your goal, bro.

APC would be great for you I think. The jeans have no logos on the exterior at all, and have several fits to cater to different physiques.

I didn't try it on, but felt the quality. Not the greatest leather (obviously).

If I had that $200 credit, I'd use it on stuff like ties, scarves, beanies, or a pair of beater dress shoes for bad weather.

Problem is, I don't like 99% of BR items.

It just released days ago man. Relax. Regardless if you get 50 percent off its not worth 200
Shut up man 

Lord...just saw this. It most definitely did not "release" days ago, I had it bookmarked WEEKS ago at the least. Finished my Christmas shopping and still have the credit so I finally got around to deciding to put it to use and looked at it again, decided to ask on here.

Dude is such is *****y little contrarian, just finds away to be a **** even if he's wrong. Ole pretend to have the money for the Nas polo ***.

Last edited:
APC is garbage. Can't think another way to describe jeans that are tagged a size 30 and stretch out to a 36 after 3 months.

APC is garbage. Can't think another way to describe jeans that are tagged a size 30 and stretch out to a 36 after 3 months.
The same principle can be applied to many of the higher end brands that are found at places like http://www.selfedge.com/

PS not all APCs do that. If you opt out for a non-raw model, it wouldn't stretch at all :wink: I had a pair of APC NC in a dark indigo wash that never stretched at all. Stretching is a property well known for raw denim, definitely not for anyone. It's for those that really want the whiskers and patina that washes cannot fully replicate.

Last edited:
:lol: at being bullied. You dropped false info and got corrected . That's pretty much what happened. The same thing basically happened when you said Zappos wasn't taking internships anymore and I posted the link after your reply a couple of months ago.

APC only stretch out so much because people size down too much to begin with. 

Clothes only stretch if they're tight on you. Many people try to get as small size as possible in APCs so that = more tightness which leads to more stretching 

If you buy clothing a bit oversized, it really wouldn't stretch much if at all vs buying clothes a bit smaller

Quality fell off for APCs though while prices going up. I bought my first pair after middle school for a bit over 140 i think and the last i went to an apc store a few years ago retail was like 185

Last edited:
Man, I enjoy barbershop talk. Just because it looks harsh in text, doesn't mean he meant it as an insult.

I have been in the market for a heavy duty snow boot. I thought I could hold off until around Xmas but with the recent snow storms my feet nearly froze in my Timbs! So I pulled the trigger on these LLBeans. It was either the LLBean

or these Caribou Sorel joints.

both are around $170 retail.
Supposedly they are both -50 F approved.

Im still unsure if i made the right choice..NT bros, guide me to the straight path

Reactions: wj4
DBSS gift arrived today :D Thanks to Carlin (ReturnBama) for these AE Mora 2.0 in Bourbon with shoe trees too! :pimp: As I said on FB, I feel like I won the lottery haha. I really appreciate it my man. I can't stop staring at them haha. Once the weather clears up, I'll rock these.

APC only stretch out so much because people size down too much to begin with. 
Clothes only stretch if they're tight on you. Many people try to get as small size as possible in APCs so that = more tightness which leads to more stretching 
If you buy clothing a bit oversized, it really wouldn't stretch much if at all vs buying clothes a bit smaller

Quality fell off for APCs though while prices going up. I bought my first pair after middle school for a bit over 140 i think and the last i went to an apc store a few years ago retail was like 185
You are right. When I got my first APC, it was about $140 or so. I think it's gone up $10-15 each year.

Naked & Famous is also a great brand with so many variations. The only turn off is the somewhat provocative back tag if you plan on wearing with a shirt tucked in.

For the SF members, test your luck for free goodies: http://www.styleforum.net/t/370192/jeffrey-george-official-affiliate-thread#post_6783108

Get 20 pairs of socks.

You can never, eeeeeevvvvvvveeeeerrrrrrr have enough socks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom