Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Had the same exact pair but lost them two months ago. Gonna cop a new pair in the spring.
Sunglasses are like belts; why would you waste money on designer ones? The ones at the kiosks in the mall are just as good.

I can tell the difference when I'm wearing Persols with the anti-glare polarized lenses versus a cheap pair of $20 glasses from the mall.

But yeah. The McQueen 714s are nice. Still mad I didn't buy the whole rack when I found them for $75 a pop at the outlets.

I can't wear cheap sunglasses if i'm using them to drive or will be out in the sun for a long time. You can definitely tell the difference if you have cheap lenses without protective coating. My eyes will get irritated and i'll sometimes get a headache.

With all the sunglasses talk... I wanted to ask,
Do you guys prefer tortoise or black frames?

Wait a minute... Mall kiosk sunglasses as good as high end glasses? :lol:

Tortoise looks better to me especially with suits. Can't go wrong with either really though

TOJ info request from anyone who has ordered or contemplating an order… What's the current delivery time frame? 4-6 months?
Sounds about right. I've even reading 16 to 25 weeks depending on style and material. Too long for me. The first toj I ordered in 2010 took 3 weeks :lol:

Does anyone happen to have any Macy's online/in-store coupons that can be applied to watches? Looking to get my girl a Michael Kors piece for Christmas.

Reps to anyone who helps!

nothing but Clark's and ray bans mayne...

ya woukdnt happen to know what type of shades these are?
images

images

Nice Wes! I got a pair of the 714 McQueen editions with the blue lenses and they are my favorite pair of shades. You will enjoy those 649s for sure.

Had the same exact pair but lost them two months ago. Gonna cop a new pair in the spring.

All my sunglasses are LV or tom ford lol

Sunglasses are like belts; why would you waste money on designer ones? The ones at the kiosks in the mall are just as good.
i disagree.. cheap looking sunglasses are a huge turnoff to me. I'm with pinoy i have LV, gucci , oliver peoples etc.

though my girl called me out cuz i never wear em :smh:

my dad asked me what i want for christmas i said i need that fair isle sweater. word to adrian . shoulda copped when it was 30% off last week :smh:

Last edited:
Does anyone happen to have any Macy's online/in-store coupons that can be applied to watches? Looking to get my girl a Michael Kors piece for Christmas.

Reps to anyone who helps!
Use FRIEND for 25% off online broham.

Copped my mom an MK purse earlier today with that code. Happy Holidays

Use FRIEND for 25% off online broham.

Copped my mom an MK purse earlier today with that code. Happy Holidays

Just checked, it applies. Savings of about $56, probably gonna pull the trigger this weekend.

Thanks, happy holidays to you too man!

Checked several pages back and saw the Cyber Monday deal RFX posted on the black Wolverine 1k boots. That was a great deal. I have the same boots, got it at retail last year and love them.

Another testament of how close the guys are: I know the secret santa program is in effect, but I hear members are also buying gifts for others who are not their secret santa. That's real dope.

Because I like them.

With all the sunglasses talk... I wanted to ask,
Do you guys prefer tortoise or black frames?

Wait a minute... Mall kiosk sunglasses as good as high end glasses? :lol:

I can tell the difference when I'm wearing Persols with the anti-glare polarized lenses versus a cheap pair of $20 glasses from the mall.

But yeah. The McQueen 714s are nice. Still mad I didn't buy the whole rack when I found them for $75 a pop at the outlets.

Nice Wes! I got a pair of the 714 McQueen editions with the blue lenses and they are my favorite pair of shades. You will enjoy those 649s for sure.

i disagree.. cheap looking sunglasses are a huge turnoff to me. I'm with pinoy i have LV, gucci , oliver peoples etc.

my dad asked me what i want for christmas i said i need that fair isle sweater. word to adrian . shoulda copped when it was 30% off last week :smh:

I guess everyone turned their sarcasm alert off for the weekend or clearly forgot about the preposterous discussion regarding high end belts being wasteful. See quote below from a month and a half ago:

Based on the uproar in here, how ironic is it that this whole Barney's fiasco occurred over a designer belt........
another reason why its soooooo dumb to buy expensive belts

Last edited:

I can't tell the difference between cheap and expensive sunglasses unless they are big gaudy glasses with LV/Gucci plastered all over them.

They all shatter when when you drop them so it makes no difference to me.

I have never once dropped, sat on, lost, or forgot my sunglasses anywhere. The price forces me to be more conscious about stuff like that.

I always get the "jesus why would you spend so much money on sunglasses" when people ask what they are tbh, somewhat annoying. I do notice a difference between my Gucci (blue contemporary acetate) shades and cheap ones though. The Guccis are suprisingly light, they feel almost like looking through regular glasses but still block the sun perfectly.

guys, you dont have to justify your expensive purchases. If you want to spend X amount on anything, more power to you. If people dont like it, disregard them.

Btw, any recommendations on a chunky wool shawl collar cardigan. Preferably below 200.

Im hoping for it to be 100 percent wool..any suggestions?

I always get the "jesus why would you spend so much money on sunglasses" when people ask what they are tbh, somewhat annoying. I do notice a difference between my Gucci (blue contemporary acetate) shades and cheap ones though. The Guccis are suprisingly light, they feel almost like looking through regular glasses but still block the sun perfectly.
The sun always in my way, still not sure it makes sense to spend that much on glasses. Just odd.

HEY JON WHOOPS I MEAM JOHN

Help a swole brother out, what raw denim brands actually carry something for a guy that doesnt skip leg day?

I cant even wear my weird guys anymore cause of the thigh.

HELP PLZZZ

Last edited:
The sun always in my way, still not sure it makes sense to spend that much on glasses. Just odd.
Tbh I just like expensive things and the particular pair of shades I have just really stood out to me. It's just preference really in the case of shades.

Tbh I just like expensive things and the particular pair of shades I have just really stood out to me. It's just preference really in the case of shades.
I guess. People prob feel the same about a like of things. Its all good. I get upset at people who drink fiji

Back
Top Bottom