Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I wish I had a Brooks Brothers Factory store near me, the couple times I went, I cleaned up. Their deals are solid, especially when they have holiday sales.

CT shirts are good for the price, and by price I mean the discounted price. $29.99 for a CT shirt is pretty good bang for your buck. I would compare them a notch above Banana Republic quality wise and on par with JCrew and Nordstroms House Line (Trim Fit line is :smokin). Not on BB's level though, in terms of quality.

Think I'll buy a couple of CT shirts, thanks Scorpio.

Get out of here! Really? Do they have those deals going on all the time? I might have to make the trek then if this is all true.
Yeah man you're in NYC right? Not sure if there is a factory store near you but I am from upstate NY and last time I visited Syracuse they had just opened a BB factory store outlet at Destiny USA (or the Carousel Mall as I've referred to it my whole life). I bought 4 shirts for like $150. You may be able to place a phone order there or something I'm not sure though.

Yeah man you're in NYC right? Not sure if there is a factory store near you but I am from upstate NY and last time I visited Syracuse they had just opened a BB factory store outlet at Destiny USA (or the Carousel Mall as I've referred to it my whole life). I bought 4 shirts for like $150. You may be able to place a phone order there or something I'm not sure though.

Just called Woodbury Commons Outlets and Tanger Riverhead Outlets and they said they have a 3 for $179 going on right now.

I feel like $60 for shirts is too much in the outlets. The 4 for $150 is a super deal. I'd def jump on that.

Last edited:
Just called Woodbury Commons Outlets and Tanger Riverhead Outlets and they said they have a 3 for $179 going on right now.

I feel like $60 for shirts is too much in the outlets. The 4 for $150 is a super deal. I'd def jump on that.
Ya know what..... thinking back I believe it was 4 for $150 because I opened a credit card with them that day since it saved an additional 30% or however much it was. 3 for $179 seems about right. I personally prefer BB over CT and will never buy from CT again unless it's a white or light blue shirt to wear under a suit. I really think it was the sleeves that bothered me...I dunno. BB just fits me better although I did buy CT for about a solid year and swore by them until I started adjusting my clothes to fit better. They have great customer service and everything to. Always liked calling them on the phone because you get someone with the English accent every time
laugh.gif

I cannot stand Brooks Brothers (regular or outlet) shirts. Nordstrom's label is where it's at!

Ya know what..... thinking back I believe it was 4 for $150 because I opened a credit card with them that day since it saved an additional 30% or however much it was. 3 for $179 seems about right. I personally prefer BB over CT and will never buy from CT again unless it's a white or light blue shirt to wear under a suit. I really think it was the sleeves that bothered me...I dunno. BB just fits me better although I did buy CT for about a solid year and swore by them until I started adjusting my clothes to fit better. They have great customer service and everything to. Always liked calling them on the phone because you get someone with the English accent every time :lol:

Not in NYC. You have some "Ghetto Fabulous" rachet folks mixed in with some Eastern Europeans and some well-put together employees working all in the same store. This wasn't the case 2-3 years ago when they actually had courteous British sales associates.

I went to the one on 47th and Madison and had the WORST customer experience of my life at CT. They didn't want to honor the $29.50 for each shirt and didn't even give me a reason for it. The guy just went to the back to "ask his manager" and came out and said no. Then he dismissed my presence.

I shop at some really high-end retail shops and this is not acceptable, at least for me when I go shopping.

This whole experience just made me want to go back to Brooks Brothers or Paul Stuart which are located a block away to pick up dress shirts. I don't think CT will ever get my business again.

I'm probably going to stick with Turnbull & Asser for all my dress shirts. I thought maybe I could start shopping at CT again for some shirts, but this just isn't worth it.

BTW, you get your dress shirts tailored even from Brooks Brothers?

Last edited:
CT shirts are good for the price, and by price I mean the discounted price. $29.99 for a CT shirt is pretty good bang for your buck. I would compare them a notch above Banana Republic quality wise and on par with JCrew and Nordstroms House Line (Trim Fit line is :smokin). Not on BB's level though, in terms of quality.

Hate to quote myself, but I'm going to quote myself, :lol:

Last edited:
Can't take that Kendrick Lamar spread seriously, :lol:

That first JT casual outfit is :smokin. Simple, yet great, makes me wish I could layer, however living in SoCal makes it impossible.

It's 90 degrees today, :smh:

Want the Olive Green pair in the worst way...

Last edited:
Details? I'm always looking for something better. Put me on...

I used to wear nothing but BB, but every time I'd sweat through the armpit, it'd leave a F'ing sweat line and ruin the shirt. Damn things kept pitting out on me! :smh:

I switched to Nordstroms Smartcare Wrinke free trim fit and I'll never go back. I think they're better quality (and don't pit out on me - prob my degree deodorant and not the shirt tho). FTR I have to get both slim types tailored.

POP QUIZ DBNT CITIZENS

FIRST TO RESPOND CORRECTLY WINS A REP FROM YOUR GOD.

What do the following fashion abbreviations stand for:

MMM

LV

YSL

DKNY

RLPL

AE

AE

FINALLY A BONUS QUESTION:

What is bro?

It is ridiculous that it's 90 degrees :lol:

Also, Lunargrands are 30% off at Nordstrom. Just got the blk/wht pair I ordered a month ago price adjusted. Great service as always. I literally just went to chat, asked for a price adjustment and typed my order # and the sales rep replied with " you will be credited $76.xx" and that is it. Less than a minute, love it!

POP QUIZ DBNT CITIZENS

FIRST TO RESPOND CORRECTLY WINS A REP FROM YOUR GOD.

What do the following fashion abbreviations stand for:

MMM

LV

YSL

DKNY

RLPL

AE

AE

FINALLY A BONUS QUESTION:

What is bro?

#tooeasy

Maison Martin Margiela, Louis Vuitton, Yves Saint Laurent now just Saint Laurent. DonnaKarenNewYork, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Allen Edmonds, American Eagle...

Bro is what you are oh great one, our most powerful brother.

Do I win?

DO NOT ANGER YOUR GOD. HE HIS SPITEFUL POWERFUL AND A SNAPPY DRESSER.

SERG YOU GOT THE LAST QUESTION OFF. ONE MORE CHANCE FOR YOU MY SON.

What is it bro??????

Back
Top Bottom