Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Are the Beeswax Desert boots supposed to look slightly scuffed/distressed? Even when brand new?

And is there a difference between them and the brown Bushacres? Or is it just the sole color ...

Not really unless they have been tried on several time. Believe me when i say the beauty of the Beeswax comes out when the scratches shoe up.

Are the Beeswax Desert boots supposed to look slightly scuffed/distressed? Even when brand new?

And is there a difference between them and the brown Bushacres? Or is it just the sole color ...

It depends how bad. Mine came with a few scuffs but I just ignored it seeing as they get beat up anyway. If they're actually distressed (tears, deep scratches) I would send them back if you can.

I did a comparison awhile back between the two. I'll put a few links for the pics

Not amazing pictures but it shoes the color pretty accurately. Both have had mink oil applied once.

Sweet, thanks.

I just found some pairs on ebay that are brand new but have scuffs. Checking the stock images of them they also seemed to be slightly scuffed.

I like the brown on those Bushacres .. but I've always heard the Beeswax DB's are classics ..

Last edited:
My man been active all day :rofl:

Bro when I'm off work its usually chill we the lady, xbox, or some NT. Sold the xbox and been bored ever since. This thread used to be popping with like 10-30 unread post at times. Plus I love talking with yall, ?I learn so much.

Just bought these at my local Ross for $20. Any ideas on what to style them with? Looking for opinions. Thanks

I never purchased Bushacres but when I tried them on, they just didn't feel as comfortable to me. :\

My Beeswax DBs are 3 or 4 years old so I'm not 100% sure but I kinda remember them coming not with scratches or anything major but somewhat distressed areas. They look even better over time.

I never purchased Bushacres but when I tried them on, they just didn't feel as comfortable to me. :\

My Beeswax DBs are 3 or 4 years old so I'm not 100% sure but I kinda remember them coming not with scratches or anything major but somewhat distressed areas. They look even better over time.

From what I'm reading it's because of the sole.

The sole on the Bushacres is synthetic rubber.

This was my pair the day I got them last Christmas. The crease in the toebox is from wearing them around that morning but the scuffs came on them, didn't bother me at all.
Still get compliments nearly every day I wear them :nthat:

Last edited:
AND THIS IS HOW MERCER PANTS WERE BORN.

IN THE OLD TESTAMENT, CARLIN WAS A BELOVED PROPHET WHO RECITED THE STORY  OF THE FAMOUS ISRAELITE, RONALD FIEG.

^
My friend interns for ronnie fieg, does that make him like an apostle?

Last edited:
Not sure if you guys are familiar with Charles Tyrwhitt, but they make some nice quality dress shirts. Usually the shirt's go for $130, but they're selling them now for $29.50. Super deal if you ask me.

http://www.ctshirts.com/men's-shirt...|25 to 29.99||407,4363,||16,|33,|||||&ppp=296
If you asked me a year ago I'd say it was a super deal too. Fact of the matter is their shirts are always heavily discounted. They want you to think you are getting a good deal so they purposely price them high and slash the price by at least half. Still a good deal but they are not $130 caliber shirts.

Also the extra slim fit isn't even as slim as a BB slim. I stopped buying their shirts altogether because BB was much better quality, fit, and can be found for similar prices.

Very true, the most their typical shirts go for is like $70 and they have some higher quality shirts that are $100 but they're always on sale, the 4 for $200 is most frequent.

I definitely disagree about fit of their extra slim fit and that the Brooks Brothers slim is slimmer. I'll compare the two later...actually I don't think I have an "untailored" BB slim so I can at least compare the CT & BB extra slims.

I've had CT shirts for at least 6 years, back when they only made slim and Brooks Brother hadn't caught on yet and their shirts fit like a parachute. Since then my CT slim shirts were tailored but I recommend them as a pretty good quality shirt for a very reasonable price wen people are on a budget.

I feel like you'd need to be extra petite for the extra slim to be big on you. No shots.

Very true, the most their typical shirts go for is like $70 and they have some higher quality shirts that are $100 but they're always on sale, the 4 for $200 is most frequent.

I definitely disagree about fit of their extra slim fit and that the Brooks Brothers slim is slimmer. I'll compare the two later...actually I don't think I have an "untailored" BB slim so I can at least compare the CT & BB extra slims.

I've had CT shirts for at least 6 years, back when they only made slim and Brooks Brother hadn't caught on yet and their shirts fit like a parachute. Since then my CT slim shirts were tailored but I recommend them as a pretty good quality shirt for a very reasonable price wen people are on a budget.

I feel like you'd need to be extra petite for the extra slim to be big on you. No shots.
I can't remember the last CT shirts I bought. Probably a little less than a year ago. But they were extra slim and I didn't find anything about them to be extra slim honestly. BB just fits better. I've never tried BB tailored or extra slim. I wear the regular slim fit and they fit me better than any CT shirt ever did.

Back
Top Bottom