Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Ever since RFX went ham on those ToJ varsity pics I think I have to pick one up now lol. Thanks dude! But since its my first time ordering does this sound right to you guys that have had experience with this...

I'm 5'6" flucuate from 165-170 athletic build. My chest size measurement is inbetween a 41-42.

This is what I planned on ordering:

Size: 50

Front length: 21.5
Sleeve length: 29.5

Any advice, comments definitely welcomed!

-SAlNlDllvllAlNl

Last edited:
RFX what size is that coat and how tall are you if you don't mind me asking?

It's an XS and I am about 5'9"-5'10". It feels pretty tight for me and leaves no room for layering but in SoCal, there is almost no need for that anyways so it works for me. I kind of want to get the burgundy version too though I wish they made an olive version.
_7335002.jpg

Also to the plethora of camo fans here, get your camo tie now for $15: http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/the-tie...ualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=2905
_7357697.jpg

Ever since RFX went ham on those ToJ varsity pics I think I have to pick one up now lol. Thanks dude! But since its my first time ordering does this sound right to you guys that have had experience with this...
I'm 5'6" flucuate from 165-170 athletic build. My chest size measurement is inbetween a 41-42.
This is what I planned on ordering:
Size: 50
Front length: 21.5
Sleeve length: 29.5
Any advice, comments definitely welcomed!
-SAlNlDllvllAlNl

Send your measurements to Charly. He will hook you up.

Going to pick up a Denim jacket this weekend, I was going to go try on one of AE's jackets since K Steezy had recommended one last year..

Any other recommendations? (Looking for a light wash)

Going to pick up a Denim jacket this weekend, I was going to go try on one of AE's jackets since K Steezy had recommended one last year..
Any other recommendations? (Looking for a light wash)

As suggested a page back, Levis: http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4192309&view=all&&cp=3146842.3146845.3146860.3692021

If you want a light wash that is really slim, Topman from Nordstrom is good to try but I am not sure if it is available in all Nordstroms.
_7252248.jpg

_7252250.jpg

GQ's Fall Style Playbook

Welcome to GQ's fifty-step fall style playbook, where we make dressing better easy, whether you're working at the office, storming into the night, or kicking back over the weekend.

Be the Leading Man at the Office
Let's start with your business suit. Have you heard that the double-breasted is back? It should be the go-to-player in your rotation. And nobody dominates a DB like Denzel Washington

STEP 01
Give Your Business Wardrobe a Raise

The double-breasted suit has come roaring back. We see it not so much as a trend but as a staple. Put the 2012 power suit into your office rotation.
ve57p4.jpg

STEP 02
Don't Be a Subordinate

Sartorially, at least. Bold colors and patterns can separate you in the office—which is a good thing as long as you don't overdo it.

STEP 03
Learn the Fundamentals

There are a lot of buttons on a DB. Let's make it simple. (1) Fasten the hidden anchor button inside, (2) then the outside button, and (3) leave the bottom ones undone.
fz83ly.jpg

STEP 04
Remember Your Lines

Also back in style and office-ready: pinstripes. (See the previous page for another example.) Besides showing a bit of sophistication, they make you look longer and leaner—two things most of us could use a little help with.

STEP 05
Go Ahead and Overdress

Just because you have one of those laid-back business-casual offices, doesn't mean you can't occasionally rock a power suit— just ditch the tie.
xpd0md.jpg

10 Shirts + 10 Ties = Your Entire Business Wardrobe
Yep, when every shirt goes with every tie, that's 100 surefire office combinations that will take you from now until spring

STEP 06
Get Out of the Blue

Say it aloud with us: "I am not an office bot." Set yourself apart from your co-workers with their Kinko's blue shirts. Embrace pattern (like gingham). Learn to love color (like purple).

STEP 07
Don't Be Sir Match-a-Lot

Stop freaking out about matching your shirt to your tie. Let them contrast in color and fabric. Invest in a bunch of shirts and ties that all complement each other, as we've done here. You can thank us later.

STEP 08
Bundle Up Your Tie

It's fall, and your tie should know it. Silk isn't the only tie option anymore. Designers are doing tweeds and heavy wools. Even your neck should get all seasonal.

STEP 09
Be Consistent

Your collar should be small, your tie slim. Proportion is just as important as fit. Every combination on these pages is right in sync—and in sync with any suit in your arsenal.

Dress for the Night You Want
Do you know how to smolder in a suit and kill in a tux? Here we show you, with a little help from the man who does it best: Bond villain Javier Bardem

STEP 10
Make Your Own Rules

The invitation said black tie, but it didn't say anything about the jacket. A sleek black leather jacket will make you look less snooty and more badass. Think of black tie as a genre, not as a uniform.
29koztk.jpg

STEP 11
Going Gray

Bardem's black-tie look here is classic, with one tweak: That's a gray dress shirt, not a tux shirt.

STEP 12
Don't Wait for a Wedding

You invested in formalwear—why keep it in the closet? Dress down your tux, and wear it to make any night an occasion.
2v9q3ix.jpg

STEP 13
Do Velvet the Right Way

Because God knows there's a wrong way. Two things: Red velvet equals cliché. And the fit must be impeccable: slim, with moderate lapels.
359wzo6.jpg

STEP 14
Don It Like a Suit

As long as it's not, say, a black tux with big peak lapels, you can loosen up your formalwear like you do your suit. This midnight blue shawl-collar version is a chameleon.

STEP 15
Meet Our Favorite New Dress Shirt

It's indigo blue. Think of it as a denim shirt that left the ranch and got refined.
2hn3rcp.jpg

STEP 16
Give Your Suit Jacket a Night Off

Try this recipe: Take one three-piece suit, add spread-collar shirt, subtract jacket, finish with wool topcoat.
lwh1t.jpg

Concealed Weapons
A man's gotta come fully loaded. (You know, stylistically speaking.) It's not just what you're wearing—it's what you're carrying

STEP 17
Gold Isn't Just for Watches

So far, mankind has found no element sexier than gold. And yes, gold-plated counts.

STEP 18
Lay It On Thick

Don't be precious about precious metals. You can wear a bracelet and a watch.

STEP 19
Make Them See Red

If you keep what you wear (glasses, watch) quiet, try cranking the color volume on what's hidden in your pockets.

STEP 20
Dignify Your Watch

Consider one with a dressier face, rather than a sporty dial, for your night out.

STEP 21
Cool Off

You don't have to get iced out to shine a little; silver and blue will do the job. Just don't take the color scheme so far it feels like a matching set.

STEP 22
Stream Your Lines

A money clip means no bulky billfold wallet junking up the sleek silhouette of your suit or tux.

STEP 23
Go Deco

When you're in a tux, add a little black-tie flash to your pocket. A deco pattern like this check recalls the Roaring Twenties—or original Vans, if you like that better.

STEP 24
Pack a Comb

Back in the day, every pomaded man carried one. And useful again if you're sporting long hair.

Last edited:
Contact them about it ASAP. Worse case they'll have to remake it for you. However if you catch it early enough they might be able to stop production and redo it for you.
didn't see your response a few days ago. they actually shipped it out last week. the package came today but i wasn't home to pick it up. i'll probably have it re-delivered on friday and see how the fit is

anyone know where i can get some nice looking socks for a decent price? i bought some at target(3$), but they look like they will only last 2 wears at most

Last edited:
loving the fit on the left. Substitute the kicks with a pair of CP's or GATs.

Can anybody identify anything the pic

Its on Barney's page.

Last edited:
Has anyone ever owned a pair of Vintage Brand Boots? What's the general feeling on them?
Was it you or someone else who'd asked the question earlier?

I haven't so I can't help you, I only took notice of them recently after getting a $50 off $100 coupon in addition to a 40% off sale at Last Call by Neiman Marcus. You can find some good deals for them there if there's anything you like and if you have a nearby Last Call outlet, you can always return them if need be. They have some decent looking boots that end up at around $130-150.

Grrr...That is way too tempting. I've been wearing my J.Crew M-65 a lot over the last 2 years and this would be a great addition to my fall wardrobe. Hopefully it will last until next month because I can't keep racking up these CC bills. Any input on the fit? My jacket size is 40R so would the size 40 work?
Should be fine. My chest is pretty much 37" on the dot and I have a size 38" in those. It isn't suppose to be super tight, but loosely fitted, enough for layering. I bought mine during the summer, and haven't got a chance to wear it yet. I paid retail too, haha :frown: I really like the belted look.

Back
Top Bottom