Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Where would you guys recommend I start my search for a tweed blazer?
Dear new posters, please post your price range on your inquiry to allow us to better help you.

RE: Tweed jacket, you can get one from J. Crew at probably $300 or so, or you can get a bespoke one for 10 times that price. How much do you wanna spend?

Last edited:
Dear new posters, please post your price range on your inquiry to allow us to better help you.
RE: Tweed jacket, you can get one from J. Crew at probably $300 or so, or you can get a bespoke one for 10 times that price. How much do you wanna spend?

Doesn't TaT offer MTM tweed blazer for around $400-$500? Completely forgot how much Jason quoted me.

Or one from Indochino for $279ish.

Speaking of Indochino, I really wish their Travelling Tailor program is coming around in my area, I would love to order from them and get fitted and interact with their salesperson and feel the fabrics, etc... If that tailor tour comes around your area, I would really encourage visiting and please share your experience here.

Speaking of Indochino, I really wish their Travelling Tailor program is coming around in my area, I would love to order from them and get fitted and interact with their salesperson and feel the fabrics, etc... If that tailor tour comes around your area, I would really encourage visiting and please share your experience here.

Is there a link for the tour dates/ stops?

the traveling tailor is coming to NYC on the 22nd to 29th. already made an appointment 2 days ago to get fitted
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Is there a link for the tour dates/ stops?

At the moment, I believe they are scheduled for NY this month as Diew mentioned. I believe they just left San Francisco in Septmeber and they were in Chicago in August. I'm not sure if they have anymore after NY.

Don't mistake my lack of posting with being new, I read every page of DB threads. Actually I remember when you decided to stop posting in the OG thread. Things were less friendly back then, wouldn't you say?

I do appreciate the recommendations though fellas... I’ll check them out.

Don't mistake my lack of posting with being new, I read every page of DB threads. Actually I remember when you decided to stop posting in the OG thread. Things were less friendly back then, wouldn't you say?

I think it's generally a good suggestion, whether you're new, don't post often or whatever, to give as much info as possible about what you're looking for?

I know you said you'd check out what people recommended but if you want to give your price range, you might get more ideas.

Last edited:

Definitely will, I plan to go get fitted regardless of whether I order another suit or not but since I am going to assume that my suit may not be fitted correctly much like the first time around with my shirts. Nonetheless, even if it's correct I want them to have my measurements on file.

Just keep a lookout, I'm almost sure they'll be making their way to all major cities soon.

the traveling tailor is coming to NYC on the 22nd to 29th. already made an appointment 2 days ago to get fitted :pimp:

What day and time? Haven't made mine yet.

Definitely will, I plan to go get fitted regardless of whether I order another suit or not but since I am going to assume that my suit may not be fitted correctly much like the first time around with my shirts. Nonetheless, even if it's correct I want them to have my measurements on file.
Just keep a lookout, I'm almost sure they'll be making their way to all major cities soon.
What day and time? Haven't made mine yet.
saturday the 22nd at 2PM. apparently they also welcome walk-ins

It wasn't meant towards you, that's why I said new posters...plural.

I stopped posting on NT because I spent that summer studying the GMAT for my MBA program. My former job blocks NT so that was why I never returned. I mostly post from work, or simultaneously while doing homework on the computer.

That first thread had a lot of questionable characters, but most of them fortunately got bored and stopped posting. This thread is probably one of the most mature ones on NT now.

Doesn't TaT offer MTM tweed blazer for around $400-$500? Completely forgot how much Jason quoted me.
That's correct. But Jason's fabrics are too bold for most people. His tweeds are also on the lighter side, compared to say Harris Tweed which is like a walking furnace.

You can get a full tweed suit from Jason for around $600.

Where can I cop some black shoes for cheap but good quality
Oxymoron, my man. Good shoes will have Goodyear welting, which is not typically cheap. Allen Edmond is pretty much the entry level stuff for quality footwear.

Back
Top Bottom