Dressing Better Vol 2.0

If anyone is interested in doing a MTO Austerity Brogue please let me know. Looking at anywhere between $300-$400. Choice of last, leather, color of leather, welt and some minor personalizing. Going to go with Meermin Mallorca. Thinking; Adrian and I of ordering a Museum Calf Austerity Brogue. Price is $338.85 for those who are interested. I think the price comes down by a bit if it becomes a group buy. I'm also considering brown lizard, chocolate brown calf and tan walnut. The tan walnut calf to give you guys an idea is a couple bucks short of $300 with shipping and everything.

I have the Suede CP Lows.. They got a little wet, and I was wondering how can I "freshen up" the suede or restore it back to how I received it.. Any tips?
Next time ifyour suede shoes get wet use a dry cloth and dab around the wet area stuff newspaper inside it and use a suede eraser and brush to refreshen the suede. In its current state I'd just use the eraser and brush and hope for the best.

Last edited:
Is there a way to clean suede without the leather becoming coarse and hard afterwards? I used a suede eraser before but it made the area darker.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/topman-...e=1&siteId=th9ILo5LtqE-ipD_8_TvKPAaxWBpM8u3EQ

What do yall think? is it good enough quality to justify this purchase? Warm at all?

How are Simon A's lapels wider than his neck?

A whole lot of ordinary amongst them. No hate, I'm not even saying I'm a better dresser but I'm not trying to win a contest. NiiDawg needs to enter and shut that **** down but I wonder if he'd even bother.

I have a feeling TSB plays favorites. Dudes with blogs and what not. It is unlikely an avg joe will make the contest now. I know some of our NT fam would annihilate them.

Is there a way to clean suede without the leather becoming coarse and hard afterwards? I used a suede eraser before but it made the area darker.

This is exactly what I'm experiencing... the area where there was moisture has become darker.. anyways to possibly restore or lighten the area?

Next time ifyour suede shoes get wet use a dry cloth and dab around the wet area stuff newspaper inside it and use a suede eraser and brush to refreshen the suede. In its current state I'd just use the eraser and brush and hope for the best.

Will probably try to purchase a suede brush in the future

Trying to expand some outlets when it comes to shopping for clothes online and in-store.

Can some of you guys post your go-to spots? I generally just frequent J.Crew and Need Supply Co.

Trying to expand some outlets when it comes to shopping for clothes online and in-store.

Can some of you guys post your go-to spots? I generally just frequent J.Crew and Need Supply Co.

I'll highlight the online ones for me personally since in-store shopping really just depends what's available in your area. I'll try to list them in terms of most visited-least visited. The big 3 are probably Yoox, Uniqlo, and Styeforum B/S.

Yoox, UNIQLO, Styleforum B/S, NoManWalksAlone(as of recently), Nordstrom, Barneys, SSense, re-porter, J-Crew, Ralph Lauren, GAP

JCrew, JCrew Factory, Banana Republic, Frank & Oak, Bonobos, Lands End Canvas, Lands End, Dockers, Levis, Everlane, Nordstroms, etc.

I have an email account strictly for places I shop to receive their coupons

*shrugs* Worked for me. 
ohwell.gif
BR doesn't even allow you to stack codes, only one at a time, bummer. Jacket I wanted was marked down, so pulled the trigger with the BRSAVE40 code they have going. Think I'm done for awhile.
Definitely tried it yesterday and it worked, but okay lol.
they changed the coupon code today to brsave40 and it doesn't stack with the 25% coupon from the email
frown.gif

Anyone pull off black pants in a business casual type setting?

When I was starting to take notice of "classic menswear", I was confused by the lack of black pants being worn (out of formal settings), but now I realize it seems kinda tough to fit black pants into my style and can't remember the last time I wore black pants (still wear black jeans or chinos when casual)

Random question, figured I ask.

Hey guys, question, where is the cheapest place to buy Clark DBs Beeswax? I found a pair on eBay for $95 shipped, but i was wondering if there are any other sites that have them for cheaper. Thanks in a advance!

Hey guys, question, where is the cheapest place to buy Clark DBs Beeswax? I found a pair on eBay for $95 shipped, but i was wondering if there are any other sites that have them for cheaper. Thanks in a advance!
Sometimes amazon has some deals on certain colors! Other than that, checkout Nordstrom Rack if you have one nearby; I got my beeswax for $60 last fall! 

I have an email account strictly for places I shop to receive their coupons

I need to do that and prevent clutter in my yahoo and gmail accounts.

The only stores I frequently browse in person now are macy's because of their sales, jcpenney, marshalls, and tj maxx. I love online shopping too much.

That actor came out and said he was arrested at macy's after he bought an expensive watch. I wonder if people will start boycotting that store. It's easier for people to say they won't shop at an expensive store like barney's. I just bought something at macy's yesterday and it's one of the few stores I shop at.

Back
Top Bottom