Dressing Better Vol 2.0

for those of you that wear dress shoes daily, what do you wear when it rains?

Swims galoshes...don't sacrifice your swagger for rain protection....have both!

Let's like the ill set up for the bottom of your pants to get wet as hell :x

Sorry, I don't know what you're saying...but, if I'm guessing correctly...

Nothing short of a poncho and knee high rain boots will fully protect your clothing in the rain, if so duke knows what he's getting into.

The OCBD from RL Rugby were SO LEGIT. Smh cannot believe they shut Rugby down. You could even monogram, and get custom tuxedo shirts and club collars. Their OCBD could be had for the low on sales.. What a shame

I found that the Swims galoshes work well when its not raining too hard but they don't hold up very well in the winter - I picked these rubber loafers in black for this upcoming winter, they've held up great so far in the rain 

I bought some beater rubber sole boots from american eagle, they look ok with a pair of chinos, though i'm thinking of copping some beater steve madden wingtips or florsheim gaffney's

Thanks guys for the weather inputs.

I'm also eyeing a pair of Allen Edmonds Naples, anyone have experience with these. I'm reading some reviews that say they run small and just wanted to see if any of you have any input. These would be the same size as my Strands and my Strands fit great.

I have 2 pairs of BR Chukkas with rubber soles that I wear in foul weather. I'm thinking of getting some AEs when on deep discount as beaters too.

Since I'm broke and am still in grad school I got this with the target coupon. Bought a strap for $6 and got this Timex for free ($50). Team Timex for now til I graduate and have some moneyyyzz and can upgrade.

Let's like the ill set up for the bottom of your pants to get wet as hell :x

Sorry, I don't know what you're saying...but, if I'm guessing correctly...

Nothing short of a poncho and knee high rain boots will fully protect your clothing in the rain, if so duke knows what he's getting into.
Meant to write looks like *

And how does wearing rain boots under your pants inside of over (as seen in the picture above) protect your clothing in the rain?

Next weekend. NYC cats. Come through. October 11th/12th
Supposedly doing a Johnnie Walker free tasting event on either friday or saturday night. If we do friday, im coming, if saturday, unsure but here's the details below. RSVP to both 9pm events to be safe:

https://rsvpjohnniewalker.com/rsvp/list/10035

Also, Saturday late afternoon, we are trying to meet around 5-6ish to do a group shoot contingent on Elkin appearing. Otherwise let's hope I've read the manual enough, an I'd being doing it :lol:
We are working on a location now, but I am thinking Columbus Circle. Will have a definite place by mid week. If you come through, you will not be forced to be included in the shoot but feel free to come to link up and meet your interweb friends in the flesh.

The plan is to afterwards head over to China Town and grab dinner. So far the group is to be: Myself, Sergio, Elkin, Jerald, John, and Kal. The more the merrier.

So come the hell through #DBNT. Let's get our first mini summit.
(If interested PM me if you don't already have my number)

I have 2 pairs of BR Chukkas with rubber soles that I wear in foul weather. I'm thinking of getting some AEs when on deep discount as beaters too.
:wow: AE's on Wis?

Of course my best brand would be this man's "beaters"
:lol: :smh: :x :rolleyes

Supposedly doing a Johnnie Walker free tasting event on either friday or saturday night. If we do friday, im coming, if saturday, unsure but here's the details below. RSVP to both 9pm events to be safe:

Also, Saturday late afternoon, we are trying to meet around 5-6ish to do a group shoot contingent on Elkin appearing. Otherwise let's hope I've read the manual enough, an I'd being doing it
laugh.gif

We are working on a location now, but I am thinking Columbus Circle. Will have a definite place by mid week. If you come through, you will not be forced to be included in the shoot but feel free to come to link up and meet your interweb friends in the flesh.

The plan is to afterwards head over to China Town and grab dinner. So far the group is to be: Myself, Sergio, Elkin, Jerald, John, and Kal. The more the merrier.

Im allowed?

:wow: AE's on Wis?

Of course my best brand would be this man's "beaters"
:lol: :smh: :x :rolleyes
Haha. There are dudes with Aldens as beaters, man. I had a pair of AE before anything. I think everyone started with AE even the ones I talk to now that are rocking Lobb, GG, etc.

Man next time I'm in NY, I hope ya'll have one of these meet ups. I remember the last time I posted in here about me coming to NYC, I was trying to figure out an efficient way to pack but no meet ups bro :frown:

:lol: .

My girl having her bday celebration tonight at a lounge. Still debating on what to wear due to the weird as weather we having. We may get some isolated showers later in the evening and the low will be in the high 60's, low 70's.

Would a charcoal or black suit be ok with a knit tie (loosened) with the top button unbuttoned?

Last edited:
Man next time I'm in NY, I hope ya'll have one of these meet ups. I remember the last time I posted in here about me coming to NYC, I was trying to figure out an efficient way to pack but no meet ups bro :frown:

:lol: .

My girl having her bday celebration tonight at a lounge. Still debating on what to wear due to the weird as weather we having. We may get some isolated showers later in the evening and the low will be in the high 60's, low 70's.

Would a charcoal or black suit be ok with a knit tie (loosened) with the top button unbuttoned?
I'm not a fan of wearing a tie in that manner. The suit is fine. I'd wear the tie properly or lose it and undo the top two buttons on the shirt.

Also, Saturday late afternoon, we are trying to meet around 5-6ish to do a group shoot contingent on Elkin appearing. Otherwise let's hope I've read the manual enough, an I'd being doing it :lol:

LES can also be a place for you guys to meetup. It won't be as crowded as Columbus Circle and it's close to CT. Epaulet & Self Edge are also there
Epaulet actually has an event with Vass that day for fittings i think:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/111211/epaulet-shop-official-affiliate-thread/23900_100#post_6638842

Im allowed?
Yeah man. Come on through. PM me.

LES can also be a place for you guys to meetup. It won't be as crowded as Columbus Circle and it's close to CT. Epaulet & Self Edge are also there
Epaulet actually has an event with Vass that day for fittings i think:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/111211/epaulet-shop-official-affiliate-thread/23900_100#post_6638842
Good call man. I'll see whats up with the other guys. You coming through? PM if so

I'm not a fan of wearing a tie in that manner. The suit is fine. I'd wear the tie properly or lose it and undo the top two buttons on the shirt.

Noted. I like it on certain occasions. I definitely wanted to go with a tie, so I may at least start off wearing it the proper way. But, as the drinks start flowing ... :lol:

My friends are going to have to stop getting married or else I'll need to add another suit soon. I've worn this one 3 times in the last month and last year I probably wore a suit 3 times all year

Back
Top Bottom