Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I think it's far too tight on the arm and possibly for your shoulders. Perhaps see if they have a 48L?

Someone else chime in. I don't want to send homie down the wrong path.

I think it's far too tight on the arm and possibly for your shoulders. Perhaps see if they have a 48L?

Someone else chime in. I don't want to send homie down the wrong path.
Agreed. Shoulders and arms are far too tight. Id return it and go a different route. Your large frame doesn't work with the skinny lapel too, man. 3 to 3.5" lapel would work much better on you.

I'd look at more traditional brands like Brooks Bros whose cuts are more fuller since you're a bigger and more cut up cat.

If not, MTM is offered online. Likely indochino can work with you if you are willing to pay around $500. I know they cover alterations up to $75 as well after the suit is made. I have no experience with them myself, but a bunch of the guys on here have ordered with them multiple times.

Can anyone recommend me some good wingtips that are slightly wider than average? I saw the Cole Haan Liam boot wingtips and loved them but they just didn't fit right.

Can anyone recommend me some good wingtips that are slightly wider than average? I saw the Cole Haan Liam boot wingtips and loved them but they just didn't fit right.
Shoes and boots from superlative brands come in different widths. How much you wanna spend?

Thanks for the help guys my arms and shoulders kill just about everything on me. It looks like MTM will be my route as I feel really boxy in a 48L, I wish i could just fix the arms on the 46L

that first suit you posted looks ridiculous man. definitely let that one go. the second one looks much better.

Like to keep it under $250.
I think you can get some boots from AEs at around the price range, and those come in various widths. Lots of guys on here are more versed than me on the brand. I'm sure they can chime in.
Yep. Try the AE Dalton's or go to the Allen Edmond website and look at any shoe that interest you and contact the factory store for a nice pair of seconds in that style.

Thanks for the help guys my arms and shoulders kill just about everything on me. It looks like MTM will be my route as I feel really boxy in a 48L, I wish i could just fix the arms on the 46L
You are definitely a 48 chest. I would look into brands like Brooks Brothers and try on the 48R. The fuller fit would be great. Then get the arms altered and the pants tapered to your liking. I am also a bigger guy and that works for me.

Thanks for all the help guys the J. Crew is boxed up and heading back, so the search continues. If anyone has any more advice Im always ready to listen

Thanks for all the help guys the J. Crew is boxed up and heading back, so the search continues. If anyone has any more advice Im always ready to listen
I am in the same boat as you. I plan to make a trip to Suit Supply here in Atlanta at the top of the year. I am trying to cut a little more weight to get in a 46 comfortably. I think once you go MTM you find out what you like. You also have a perfect suit to take with you to the Tailor to show exactly what you want.

Finally wore the strands and the navy plaid j crew suit out.  these are bad pics, but i'm gonna go ahead and get the sleeves shortened a 1/2 inch i think.  everything else fit great off the rack. i'm gonna wait for the tailor to advise me on whether he thinks i should pinch it a little at the sides too.

ba5bd2f02b8e11e3983d22000a9f199e_8.jpg

word of advice to others, 85 degrees is not the right whether to walk everywhere trying to break in new shoes.

thanks, yeah I definitely need slimmer ties. I noticed it today and I no longer like the pattern of the only slim tie I've got.

Finally wore the strands and the navy plaid j crew suit out.  these are bad pics, but i'm gonna go ahead and get the sleeves shortened a 1/2 inch i think.  everything else fit great off the rack. i'm gonna wait for the tailor to advise me on whether he thinks i should pinch it a little at the sides too.

word of advice to others, 85 degrees is not the right whether to walk everywhere trying to break in new shoes.

looks pretty good. i would avoid black socks with brown shoes. i also wouldnt ask your tailor's advice either. good ones are great at their craft but often don't know a thing about current styles. mine used to ask me if i was sure i wanted to taper to 7.5 inch hems.

picked up some chinos from lands end canvas...was pleasantly surprised by how the pants feel. much thicker than normal chinos, and stiff when wearing them. guess i got to break them in. seem like good pants for the cold since they are thicker. 

edit - upon further review i cant keep them they are a bit too tight in the thighs region and are a really low rise...material felt great though :frown:

Which fit of the Lands End Canvas chinos did you get? I was unsure of sizing so I copped both the straight fit and slim fit with intentions of returning the one I dislike. Have you tried on 484's and if so, how would you compare them?

#2 of those. #1 should never be worn ever

This.

Which fit of the Lands End Canvas chinos did you get? I was unsure of sizing so I copped both the straight fit and slim fit with intentions of returning the one I dislike. Have you tried on 484's and if so, how would you compare them?
This.
ive never tried the 484's because i think those are too slim for me...i was having trouble with the LEC straight leg so i assume itd be a disaster trying on some 484s
laugh.gif

im 5'10" 210 lbs not exactly small...

i grabbed the 628 straights and after actually moving around in them for a few minutes they really compressed my thighs...the material felt really great but i dont think they will break in after several wears...also i mentioned they are really low rise...the slims were a no go from the start, i had to peel them off around my calf, they are super tapered around the ankle...

the material is great but the fit is off...

Last edited:

Look at my little one, all grown up. :wow: I told myself I wasn't gonna cry but damnit.

But really, I agree with the tie width...go slimmer with those lapels

word of advice to others, 85 degrees is not the right [COLOR=#RED]whether[/COLOR] to walk everywhere trying to break in new shoes.

Back
Top Bottom