Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Thanks I'll give that a shot. Only thing about airing it out is that it stinks in my neighborhood so I'll probably have a new set of stank to deal with.
I thought about using a steamer too, I looked it up and some people are saying you shouldn't steam your suits because it'll mess up the seams on it.

You can air it out inside. Hang it in a well ventilated space indoors.

Thanks I'll give that a shot. Only thing about airing it out is that it stinks in my neighborhood so I'll probably have a new set of stank to deal with.
I thought about using a steamer too, I looked it up and some people are saying you shouldn't steam your suits because it'll mess up the seams on it.

I've steamed mostly all of my suits, even my bespoke one and it hasn't done any damage to any of them. Granted I've steamed them probably once or twice only. Don't put the steamer head directly onto the fabric though. If you have a cheaper fused with glue suit, the heat from the steam can make it bubble up which will end up happening regardless after many trips to the cleaners.

Try Febreeze non-scented, also throw in a dryer sheet in the chest pocket and both pockets of the jacket. Give it a day or two, the smell should go away.

W&H... you know you want it!

I sure as hell do. Too bad they are still doing fall deliveries and the peacoat is a winter release. Annoying thing is the W+H factory/showroom is a few minutes away from me and I'm sure there's box upon box of them just sitting there :rolleyes

Anyone know of a spray or something to remove smoke and other smells from clothing? I don't feel like going to the dry cleaners every time I go to bars

What state do you live in that they still allow smoking in bars? Curious.

Yeah I'd try airing it out first, in the shade away from direct sunlight.

You can also try a steamer or hang it in the bathroom while you shower and let the steam press them. The shower steam trick is supposedly a good way to get rid of wrinkles when traveling with a single suit too.

excessive steam will cause the lapel and shoulder to pucker up and lose shape (even on higher quality suits)

just a warning, I'm not saying it will happen 100% of the time, but don't be surprised. My buddies BB Fitzgerald suit got all weird after he left it in the bathroom during a shower..lol ol boi almost cried lmao

Absolutely useless in the fall/winter (slipper as f***), but copped none-the-less.

Repped.
Check out the Clarks DB Bushacres.

They have sturdier soles. I have a pair of Beeswax Bushacres that have lasted me 3 NYC winters already (never slipped either).

Last edited:
Absolutely useless in the fall/winter (slipper as f***), but copped none-the-less.

Repped.

This is a blanket statement, since not everyone deals with harsh winters. I use my DB's more in the fall/winter than any other time of year. SoCal fall/winters FTW (I guess, since we don't have a huge need for heavy coats or layering :frown:)

This is a blanket statement, since not everyone deals with harsh winters. I use my DB's more in the fall/winter than any other time of year. SoCal fall/winters FTW (I guess, since we don't have a huge need for heavy coats or layering :frown:)

You said it yourself So Cal fall/winters...man how I miss those lol

Dockers Alpha pants were so successful that they made a whole line for it.

I've started seeing some of the new alpha khaki slimmer/tapered options hitting stores like Tj Maxx, Marshalls, ect already. If anyone else here is into chinos with a little bit of stretch, the Alpha Slims is a good option that can be had there for a good price.

Last edited:
The regular Dockers Alpha are too baggy still. At least for slim guys. It seems like they were targeted at "average" build guys, who are transitioning into slimmer clothing. But if you are already a slender dude with a small waist, then they will still be too wide..I still wear my pair of Alphas because they are good quality but i wouldnt mind having a slimmer pair
I am glad they are making slimmer versions..i will check em out.

I will be in an overcoat this Fall :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom