Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Whatsapp is by far the best group chatting service. They handle photos very well as well.

Groupme is buggy.

I can get this started right now. Who wants an invite? I'll make a list and start taking PMs for invites. It would be nice to keep things a bit smaller and closer-knit, so no inviting random dudes without informing the rest of the group members.

1. girlslovewaffles - George

PS: Anyone know where I can acquire a camo t-shirt?

Army/Navy surplus is your best best for something cheap.

Made in USA - $8
http://www.armynavysales.com/products/woodland-camouflage-short-sleeve/

would you guys ever sell dress shoes on Craigslist, or would you stick to ebay? Never sold anything on ebay, but have some shoes I need to unload

I have wingtips but don't have longboats like the 3, and don't have chocolate brown leather shoes so those I am keeping for sure. It's really between the other 3. Two tone isn't my style usually but for the price and the fact that they don't look bad on the feet and they are different hence the debate:

You're the first to say that but I am considering it.
Lol it's definitely worth keeping the 4 at the price I paid especially since retail is $525 for the wingtips and $475 for the loafers.

Keep all of them Serg lol

My H&M wool suit in navy came in yesterday. Will post fit picks tonight or tomorrow and throw my self to the dogs (id say wolves but some of you guys give good criticism :lol:) I have two weddings to attend and need help with what alterations i should make/ if i should keep it or not/ what shirt tie combo to go with

With all the discounts it came out to $170 for the jacket and pants.....really can't beat that.

To my knowledge, the shell is the Brown color which is the same as they have been using as of late. The cappuccino would be lighter.

Thanks for clearing that up, I was just quoting the blog I saw them on,very nice regardless of what the color is called...

I have wingtips but don't have longboats like the 3, and don't have chocolate brown leather shoes so those I am keeping for sure. It's really between the other 3. Two tone isn't my style usually but for the price and the fact that they don't look bad on the feet and they are different hence the debate:

You're the first to say that but I am considering it.
They all look nice, but Im searching for a pair of split toe loafers in that very same shade so if it were me I'd return it and keep the wingtips. (I'm bit a bit biased.)

My H&M wool suit in navy came in yesterday. Will post fit picks tonight or tomorrow and throw my self to the dogs (id say wolves but some of you guys give good criticism :lol:) I have two weddings to attend and need help with what alterations i should make/ if i should keep it or not/ what shirt tie combo to go with

With all the discounts it came out to $170 for the jacket and pants.....really can't beat that.
Yes you can. Not to be a d*ck but I advise people to go with H&M when they tell me they have $100 max to throw for a suit. Definitely return it and watch for sales. This past Labor Day weekend, express had a lot of their suits for like $180-200. Those are a lot better especially for a $20 difference in price.

There's a grey regular fit suit at H&M I saw last weekend, that comes out to about $90 + tax in store. (And this is w/ no coupons)

The "regular" fit still fits pretty slim. The "regular" fit pants will need a taper though, IMO.

Last edited:
Jking0821 - I'm with A, I didn't even know that suits could get that expensive at H&M...

My two suits from H&M didn't cost more than $100 each ($60-90 iirc). Express sounds like a good alternative, as well as the J Crew Factory Thompson suit in wool (~$200 with sale) and Banana Republic (also around $200-250 with sale/coupons).

Yes you can. Not to be a d*ck but I advise people to go with H&M when they tell me they have $100 max to throw for a suit. Definitely return it and watch for sales. This past Labor Day weekend, express had a lot of their suits for like $180-200. Those are a lot better especially for a $20 difference in price.

I was actually in express this past weekend for labor day and they had 40% off everything and the photographer suit was still $426 + 40% off = $255.60 + tax = $270 ....so $100 which i know isn't a lot to people in here but that is over 50% of the price....aka a decent pair of shoes and a belt and tie for the suit i got for $170

Appreciate the feedback though. I did look at the J. Crew Thompson suit too when they did 50% off suiting but they didn't have my size that was my first choice and it came to $225 pre tax and shipping so still more expensive....but i heard it was better quality.

Last edited:
Just place my second attempt at a MTM shirt, used Luxire this time. Hoping I got the measurements right this time

i say it's a good buy if you bought the 100% wool one, which I think you did. The cheaper $100 ones are polyester, avoid that crap.

You looked at the wrong ones then B.

There were a solid navy and solid grey that were below. Trust me. I advised one of the members on here who reached out to me over the weekend. Looked up the prices myself. Certain "printed" suits were more.

Slick is Back
Pomade. Varsity jackets. Skinny leather ties. Penny loafers with white socks. It's all part of a look rooted in 1950s American-greaser and British-teddy-boy culture—and it's all roaring back. No one embodies the new era of this retro look more convincingly than Arctic Monkeys frontman Alex Turner

Tough Guys Carry Combs
What is it about street gangs and their clothes? We're not just talking about Frank Lucas's Harlem crew or Miami's cocaine cowboys. Before that came American greasers and their British analogues, the Teddy boys. Teddy boys were working-class teens who bought their expensive threads on layaway—only to brawl in them. Imagine a young tough stomping out a rival, then whipping out a comb to restyle his quiff. The look's never gone out of style, thanks to thrift stores—but now we're in the midst of a full-blown Teddy-boy resurgence. Designers like Hedi Slimane and Miuccia Prada are reworking varsity jackets and chesterfield coats, and young rockers like the Monkeys' Alex Turner have also adopted the style. So how do you pull it off? It starts with the hair. "All the boys [in the band] got shorter hair, and I thought, 'What can I do to one-up them?' I am the singer after all, and you've gotta be a **** sometimes," Turner says, laughing. "I saw an Elvis picture where he had the curl, and I thought, 'Maybe I could do that.' Once you have the haircut, certain clothes just start to look right, don't they?"

Last edited:
JCrew Factory upped the price on some of their shirts (They have an "up to 50%" sale), shirts were $26.50, was going to check out and they are now $39.50, still debating on using this 25% off Gilt City code.

I dig Dockers Alpha, hopefully they didn't **** with the fits. Waiting for their next promo to scoop a couple of pairs.

Back
Top Bottom