Dressing Better Vol 2.0

What you duuds think about this jcrew peacoat?

Someone else had posted about it, I haven't seen in it person but it looks good in pictures. The funny thing is that the other two colors they have up (olive & navy) are backwards in the pictures. I'd have to see the dried olive one in person because it doesn't look great in that pic but could be nice in real life.

Material, construction & fit are most important but I feel like with peacoats button size & spacing can make or break them. It may be a minor thing to some people but I see so many with too small or large buttons or they're too close together and they look awful. That J. Crew is on point in that aspect IMO.
I also like peacoats that have a substantial, reinforced collar. It's one of the few things that I like with the collar up because it's practical on cold, windy days.

i know this is probably a stupid question , but do Alden shoes/boots ever go on sale ?

Rarely, I haven't bought Aldens in a while so I don't know if that is still the case but JCrew has coupons that work for Alden at times.

Rarely, I haven't bought Aldens in a while so I don't know if that is still the case but JCrew has coupons that work for Alden at times.
Yes. But now some models don't even have a fsr. You can also email Shoemart for their Aldens second quality list. Most shoes are under $300.

J. Crew changed it up from the Bayswater Peacoat in previous years. You might want to wait and see if they release a slim version or one with thinsulate lining. It'll probably also go on sale in November.
Yah I do prefer my peacoat to fit on the slim side.

Just wanted to say thanks for all the suggestions! I really love how much help you guys offered, it made my shopping so much more efficient. I ended up copping 3 pair of alpha city khakis, some shirts from JCP and macy's, and I'm about to pull the trigger on a Jack Spade bag. I need a pair of shoes still though because I only have a pretty formal pair of cole haan dress shoes and the job is business casual. I want some wingtips because I don't have a pair yet but I didn't like those Claiborne ones from JCP.

Very clean, Serg :pimp:

Good to see you posting some quality pictures too, man. They really make the outfit look good compared to the top down POV pic.

Serg, that fit is dope. And as HHH mentioned, the pics were better too. Keep at it playboy!

In regards to ya'll weddings, Ioeemcare what ya'll are gonna be rocking because you'll be either getting married or their with your significant other. I just gotta be the best dressed single dude there and all the yambs will be mine :pimp:

Where them anytime.

Hell I wore them last time I jumped into a train that I just destroyed open with a backhoe.

skyfall-daniel-craig-james-bond-adjusts-his-cuffs.gif

Serg, that fit is dope. And as HHH mentioned, the pics were better too. Keep at it playboy!

In regards to ya'll weddings, Ioeemcare what ya'll are gonna be rocking because you'll be either getting married or their with your significant other. I just gotta be the best dressed single dude there and all the yambs will be mine :pimp:
Wedding is now in Utah. Will have side wives. Competition for you, bruh.

A: Slaydrian should've been the name :lol:

Last edited:
Very clean, Serg :pimp:

Good to see you posting some quality pictures too, man. They really make the outfit look good compared to the top down POV pic.

Thanks man! Ironically enough the pictures are from my iPhone but this time using a timer app and getting lucky with the lighting. I am definitely going to try this approach more often, this morning was gray and rainy so in the classroom it was. Going to keep it up though! Next major purchase will be a camera, not a suit, it will be great to have when I travel to Barcelona this Xmas break!

Thank you, definitely going to try!

Today, I'm a banker so this is me everyday

Great look man! Please don't take this the wrong way but I think it's great to see guys in their later 20s and early 30's posting!

Just wanted to say thanks for all the suggestions! I really love how much help you guys offered, it made my shopping so much more efficient. I ended up copping 3 pair of alpha city khakis, some shirts from JCP and macy's, and I'm about to pull the trigger on a Jack Spade bag. I need a pair of shoes still though because I only have a pretty formal pair of cole haan dress shoes and the job is business casual. I want some wingtips because I don't have a pair yet but I didn't like those Claiborne ones from JCP.

That's great to hear! I would suggest some suede chukka boots; not desert boots. I think that if you get a chukka boot that has the proper last you can wear it with everything from jeans to a suit.

How often do you wear french cuffs? Only other time I've worn them is when I have to wear a tuxedo.
I would like to wear them more often though

I personally wear them whenever. I don't go by the cuffs of the shirt, if it's a shirt that I want to wear with a particular suit and happens to have FC I wear it. I personally love FC especially with a monogram :smokin

Back
Top Bottom