Dressing Better Vol 2.0

:lol: I was wondering what on earth y'all wear talkign about.

You guys ever watch suits? Harvey and those peak lapel suits he wears all the time are :pimp:

:lol: I was wondering what on earth y'all wear talkign about.

You guys ever watch suits? Harvey and those peak lapel suits he wears all the time are :pimp:

One of my favorite shows. Harvey's suits are by Tom Ford. If you've ever seen the first episode or second one when Harvey sends Mike to his suit guy, he is actually sending him to Michael Andrews Bespoke's actual location.

Didn't know that about MAB but Harvey's suits are definitely appreciated. The only thing is that sometimes I have noticed some collar gaping with his jackets.

That Bond coat :x :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

I think I'm gonna cop that for myself this winter.

This is aimed directly at Elkin, Adrian, and John. Take advantage of TOJ before it's gone. I feel like all 3 of you, especially Steezy and John, will regret it in the future if you don't.
I know I will and I know it can...but I question is leather really in my aesthetic..

Thoughts?

I think you could definitely pull it off as a casual piece. I'm debating copping one myself

WHO ELSE BESIDES MYSELF, ADRIAN, TYPERPINOY ARE FILIPINO?

SINCE WE ARE ON A LIVING BETTER TANGENT I GIFURE JUST ASK AOUT CULTURE
Filipino checking in.

Reminded me of something I saw on twitter a while ago:

"Filipino guys start as hypebeasts then become J. Crew/Americana guys and then become #menswear guys."

Except most Filipino dudes I know are still stuck in the hypebeast phase
laugh.gif
I'm Filipino. Most of my filipino friends are in the J. Crew / #menswear stage, then again we're in our late 20s. None of them, including myself, collect sneakers or stalk release dates anymore. The sneakers we do buy serve an athletic purpose.
Another pinoy checking in.

A few of my filipino friends are starting to make that transition but I don't think the 'hypebeast" in us will ever die. We might not stalk release dates anymore but if a pair is still available at HOH a week later. I'll say its meant to be lol.

It's not that I think I can't pull it off but more so, is it worth spending $400 or so on something that is not overly desired on my part. I think it's fairly clear the look that I have. While a leather would look dope, perhaps I'd enjoy putting the money towards another suit. Something that fits my style more. It's like I like CPs/GATs but being that I rarely wear sneakers, why would I drop that bread? Just because it would look nice?

Anyone feel me on this?

I know I will and I know it can...but I question is leather really in my aesthetic..

Thoughts?
Yea, man. Bomber will definitely work with you too. Brown for you though. Looks great with just a t shirt, jeans, and brogues.

Wow at that price I would buy it in a second wis. but I think my shoulders are a bit broader than yours

Last edited:
Is there a such thig as a good boot that goes with everything that cost 200 or below? Just want something for the winter /fall

Last I checked that Billy Reid coat still going for retail smh. I'm too broke for that. Everything from Billy Reid is :pimp: though. Favorite designer

And most ankle boots can be worn with anything. Suits, jeans, chinos, will trousers.

Is there a such thig as a good boot that goes with everything that cost 200 or below? Just want something for the winter /fall

I'll be that guy and say Clark DB's or Bushacres

There's also Chelsea boots, and Red Wings if you don't mind spending a bit more

Last edited:
Are knit ties too informal for a wedding? The invitation didn't mention anything about dress code so I'm assuming it'll be a casual vibe

^For some reason I just don't see weddings as casual. I would hope my friends don't assume that its casual unless I otherwise state it on the invitation.

Are knit ties too informal for a wedding? The invitation didn't mention anything about dress code so I'm assuming it'll be a casual vibe

Dress for yourself, nowadays as long as you have on a tie and suit, NOBODY cares bout fabrics or even fit...lol

i recall wis offering the jacket to you as u guys are close in size.

bro for the price he is selling at i would purchase on sight.

book it mitch

Yeah he did...just trying to get an extra push...lol...trying to sell ALL my ball kicks

I feel like the Desert boot is prolly is your best bet for what you are looking for. During my early transition to DB its almost all I wore. Now that I'm a lil deeper in it I prefer wingtip boots. If you aren't trying to spend much money check out some of the Aldo 'Mr. B' stuff. It's almost always guarenteed to be around the price range you are looking for.

Couple of things:

Did I miss this Bond coat everyone keeps referring to? Pics please.

This Gap sale still going on?

I really can't stand guys in the transition phase, who all of a sudden stick their noses up at sneakers. My boys are super annoying with this. "Oh I don't do sneakers anymore" Negro, please. I'm all for balance as you evolve.

Couple of things:

I really can't stand guys in the transition phase, who all of a sudden stick their noses up at sneakers. My boys are super annoying with this. "Oh I don't do sneakers anymore" Negro, please. I'm all for balance as you evolve.

I'll be that guy and say Clark DB's or Bushacres

There's also Chelsea boots, and Red Wings if you don't mind spending a bit more

I feel like the Desert boot is prolly is your best bet for what you are looking for. During my early transition to DB its almost all I wore. Now that I'm a lil deeper in it I prefer wingtip boots. If you aren't trying to spend much money check out some of the Aldo 'Mr. B' stuff. It's almost always guarenteed to be around the price range you are looking for.

I probably should have been more specific,I have 3 pairs of Clark DBs right now I meant more along the lines of some wingtip boots or something.

Couple of things:

Link: http://www.billyreid.com/product/peacoat-navy-7.html

Wow at that price I would buy it in a second wis. but I think my shoulders are a bit broader than yours
Yeah Rob. Would be a bit snug on you.

Pics again wis...and price with #DBNT Carlin style hookup please
Pics are in the link I posted. Price is firm as is, man. I'll do $350 shipped for you but if any lower then ill just keep it.

Back
Top Bottom