Dressing Better Vol 2.0

^haha, yeah. My step dad taught me how to iron since middle school. I became quite good at it. He's a retired marine. Ironing pants on the other hand is beyond my expertise so I dry clean those.

A steamer works well too if you don't want to iron. But for dress shirts, ironing is the best for me to showcase its crisp. I forgot to mention about starch. I read some folks prefer water instead, but I've found starch to be helpful for stubborn wrinkles.

Mom, gave me the iron as soon as I was tall enough. When I went to bootcamp I was the only one that knew how to iron. So, I taught everyone else. I only use starch on my dress shirts. I use water and steam on everything else.

Last edited:
^haha, yeah. My step dad taught me how to iron since middle school. I became quite good at it. He's a retired marine. Ironing pants on the other hand is beyond my expertise so I dry clean those.

A steamer works well too if you don't want to iron. But for dress shirts, ironing is the best for me to showcase its crisp. I forgot to mention about starch. I read some folks prefer water instead, but I've found starch to be helpful for stubborn wrinkles.

Steamer is your best friend, makes getting wrinkles out so much easier. If I want to get a crisp feeling then I definitely go with the ironing.

Turf Club at the Del Mar races. Shirt sleeves were a little long but oh well.

And extremely stoked to get my APCs in the mail. I'm very happy with the size and fit; they are a 29 petit new standard. Definitely a little tight/uncomfortable in the thighs now but with a little stretching they should be perfect I hope

Thanks man. I'm about 145lbs 5'9". I'm usually a 30 waist so I sized down 1. The waist on them is not even tight though so I probably could have sized down more but they are pretty tight in the thighs so I'm glad I didn't.

Yall getting good deals with these thrifted shoes, but personally IDK if I can wear second hand shoes.. :x

Most quality shoes have a decent leather and or cork footbed that's combined with the midsole, these get broken in the the original owners foot. I wouldn't recommend purchasing second hand as the item is already essentially tailored to someone else's foot. However, you can shine them up so they look nice, it just wouldn't be a good long term strategy for the new owner.

If you can, buy factory seconds from your favorite brand, like B grades from Nike.

Wis, I was skeptical about that camo suit when you first posted it, but damn... you killed it. It looks great.

Jack, nice fit man. I would really like to get a pair of PNS before school starts up again. I'm running out of time :frown:

Wis, I was skeptical about that camo suit when you first posted it, but damn... you killed it. It looks great.

Jack, nice fit man. I would really like to get a pair of PNS before school starts up again. I'm running out of time :frown:

Good fit Jack, I just hope they don't stretch out too much. I have a size 28 and I'm the same height/weight as you. I really want another pair here soon though

UNKNWN (Rob right?) Thanks man. I remember you've been talking about wanting a pair for a while, pull the trigger! I ended up paying retail for mine but in the end I'm hoping they'll be worth it. They sure seem like nice quality.

DZaster - Thats funny you said that because I was just second guessing myself and thinking a 28 might have been better. I've tried on so many pairs/brands that I'm going to stick with these just because I'm tired of looking and exchanging :lol:

Last edited:
Owner wants to open a restaurant and will just concentrate on that
Yep. The whole story is amazing. The guy moved to Korea out of interest. He worked as an English teacher and launched toj with $300 or so. He had no education and just started with drawings. Cooking is a passion of his so that's why the switch is being made.

Last edited:
Yep. Drew has wanted to start up a restaurant for awhile and now he has the means too. There's a lot still up in the air about the brand, considering we don't know if this is just a break or if this will be a permanent thing. Hopefully they'll come back in 2015 or so like Drew had said originally, but we really don't know. I'm really surprised that they haven't announced an official cutoff date yet either.

Jack, I really need to pull the trigger on them. The thing is I want to try them on before I purchase them and the closest APC retailer is an hour and a half away. Taking advantage of Nordstroms return policy is always an option of course but I'm extremely impatient :lol:

Last edited:
Hard to explain, but I'll try.

Breaking down the shirts into panels...panel 1 would be on the right side, panel 2 would be the left side, and panel 3 would be the back. Pull the sleeves inside out first. Put panel 1 on the board, and the arm should be inside out and away at this point. Iron this side. Once done, move onto panel 3, which is the back. Iron that and once done, move onto panel 2, the left side. The moving should be continuously,, the numbers skip from 1, 3, 2 because you're moving from the backside. Once done, pull out the sleeves and iron each individually. Lastly, iron the collar.
Haha, thanks, man. I really could OD with a camo shirt and sweater too. Maybe one day :lol:

Today:

Pretty much how I iron as well, but it still takes ages to go through my shirts.And the worst part are the pants with the crease on the front, I really suck at that, takes for ever and man do I come across surprises when I put them on in the morning...:rofl:

Jack, I really need to pull the trigger on them. The thing is I want to try them on before I purchase them and the closest APC retailer is an hour and a half away. Taking advantage of Nordstroms return policy is always an option of course but I'm extremely impatient
laugh.gif
shipping is like a couple of days max bro

Just cop 3 sizes and then return 2

Jack, I really need to pull the trigger on them. The thing is I want to try them on before I purchase them and the closest APC retailer is an hour and a half away. Taking advantage of Nordstroms return policy is always an option of course but I'm extremely impatient :lol:

Seriously. Plus, you can't be that impatient if you've been contemplating it for a while and haven't done anything about it, now you're worried about getting a pair before school starts.

What exactly can be done to a pair of pants to make them slimmer?

I ordered a pair of slim pants in my true size and they fit big. The waist is big by about an inch, and they aren't really slim throughout my thigh, and down to my ankles.

I know I need a hem, but I'm not really sure how to describe what I need done.

My tailor doesn't speak much English but the more I describe things in detail the less she understands.

Seriously. Plus, you can't be that impatient if you've been contemplating it for a while and haven't done anything about it, now you're worried about getting a pair before school starts.

You're right, it's definitely my fault. :lol:

The main reason I've held off so long is because I know I wont be able to wear them until mid September or so, can't be in anything but shorts when it's warm out.

Back
Top Bottom