Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Anywhere I can get these pants with elastic at the ankles?

1zchmp2.jpg

Zanerobe

I already have a non-leather MA-1 (not TOJ). And I previously had a TOJ MDR and wasn't terribly impressed by it to be honest. I will probably go with a Schott 626 or maybe even the Supreme x Schott SS11 model if I decide to buy another rider jacket.

Speaking of which, I hope Schott collaborates with Supreme on something decent for FW13. I wouldn't mind an A2.

Hey guys, are there any sites that put together tie and pocket square combos. Where I can buy the set.

I am really pressed for time and dont have the time to shop anymore.

I got job interviews coming up and tired of wearing the same thing to them.

None of the prepackaged stuff. Something that was put together is what I seek.

Last edited:
I think Zanerobe Sureshots are the best route. The shape on those Urban ones is ehhhh :\

Hey guys, are there any sites that put together tie and pocket square combos. Where I can buy the set.

I hope you're not trying to match pocket squares and ties together. That's not really a good look. You're really better off just buying the two separately.

These are really affordable. http://www.thetiebar.com/

I hope you're not trying to match pocket squares and ties together. That's not really a good look. You're really better off just buying the two separately.

These are really affordable. http://www.thetiebar.com/

No none whatsoever. I am looking for something that looks like i put it together. Thanks for tiebar but I only saw a few different combos. May just give my daughter the cc since shes really good at colors.

Try a department store?

Couldn't wait until fall so wearing the cargo pants today. Not really dressing better but this is my casual style during the weekends

By the looks I the pockets are those da lands end jawnz? I rock the tan often . Indeed to UNDS the olive ones this spring

Yup they are. Got a ton of complements on them tonight. I need to get an olive pair, love the way these fit. A friend of mine said she usually hates cargo pants on guys but these look great

Damn, Dwyane Wade has some skinny *** ankles!

I've been meaning to purchase a pair of Zanerobe Sureshots but some photos make it look really weird.

Anyone have any tips on ironing shirts? It takes me way too long just to iron one
Hard to explain, but I'll try.

Breaking down the shirts into panels...panel 1 would be on the right side, panel 2 would be the left side, and panel 3 would be the back. Pull the sleeves inside out first. Put panel 1 on the board, and the arm should be inside out and away at this point. Iron this side. Once done, move onto panel 3, which is the back. Iron that and once done, move onto panel 2, the left side. The moving should be continuously,, the numbers skip from 1, 3, 2 because you're moving from the backside. Once done, pull out the sleeves and iron each individually. Lastly, iron the collar.

I would rep you in real life for that lol 8)
Haha, thanks, man. I really could OD with a camo shirt and sweater too. Maybe one day :lol:

Today:

Anyone have any tips on ironing shirts? It takes me way too long just to iron one

WJ4 gave a great suggestion about the ironing in panels. I like to starch and iron the inside and outside of the collar and cuffs. So, I personally prefer to iron the collar and cuffs first which involves pulling the sleeves inside/out and laying the shirt awkwardly on the board. Ironing the collar and cuffs prevents creasing up the shirt. Then I proceed with the panels.

Depending on the shirt I relax the amount of starch used. I'm prior military so I like snappy collars and cuffs.

Last edited:
^haha, yeah. My step dad taught me how to iron since middle school. I became quite good at it. He's a retired marine. Ironing pants on the other hand is beyond my expertise so I dry clean those.

A steamer works well too if you don't want to iron. But for dress shirts, ironing is the best for me to showcase its crisp. I forgot to mention about starch. I read some folks prefer water instead, but I've found starch to be helpful for stubborn wrinkles.

Back
Top Bottom