Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Just got to rock them right, I guess it helps if your James Bond.

Not exactly AEs but these type of shoes can be rocked with jeans for sure.

Anyone know the brand of jeans and boots. I really want those boots.

I am not sure those are boots, might just be regular tan wingtips but if you want a similar style and color in boots, Alden has some.

Too casual I think but can be pulled off.

Plus you don't need to match the watch to the suit, it just has to be event appropriate (no GShock at gala for example).

And if you want to break the bank, Saint Laurent Paris' varsity is stunning...

That jacket is crazy cropped, looks awkward on CP3. I know he is listed as 6' but dude is more like 5'10"-5'11" :lol:

Speaking of SLP, sort of want this varsity, also cropped but I like it better.

miguel's a ****** so that jacket looks like a normal length on him. He'll be comfortable legdropping and kicking girls in the face wearing it.

Too casual I think but can be pulled off.

Plus you don't need to match the watch to the suit, it just has to be event appropriate (no GShock at gala for example).
heres my issue:I have a gold watch I wanted to wear, but because my fiance is wearing silver jewelry she has nixed that idea lol.So I dont want to drop a lot of dough for a watch with silver on it, and the ones I have are either black, or chocolate brown which is way darker than my shoes and belt will be.So I was thinking that weekender might work.

With a suit, something with leather band is better. It looks more appropriate, something simple like this can be worn casually with jeans and tee as well.

^would that come in a lighter brown leather per chance? Ill be wearing AE strands (walnut)I actually considered rockin one of my G shocks, which prob seems laughable, but its parts of my personality, just to be a little different about certain things

I understand being different and whimsical but there is always a place for it. With suits, it is best to express yourself via socks or cuff links or the bow-tie. Plus a GShock will ruin ruin the look of your suit, it likely won't fit under your cuffs and look like a monstrosity on your wrist.

As for brown strap, I'm sure you can find one within Timex's line-up, I'm too lazy and just browsing nordstrom but they have this there:

I understand being different and whimsical but there is always a place for it. With suits, it is best to express yourself via socks or cuff links or the bow-tie. Plus a GShock will ruin ruin the look of your suit, it likely won't fit under your cuffs and look like a monstrosity on your wrist.

+1 please don't wear a g shock with a suit.

If you're really looking for a quick, cheap fix check Target. I've definitely seen Timex weekenders there, but maybe not in the same shade as those walnut AEs you plan on wearing. Just get one with a bright, nylon strap if you really want it to stand out.

Received and tried on the Ludlow blazer I ordered last week. Definitely a steal at $58. Shoulders are perfect. Might make it a casual blazer, looks good OTR, need to shorten the sleeves a bit and it's a little tight in the midsection. It will be perfect in the Fall, :smokin

Last edited:
That jacket is crazy cropped, looks awkward on CP3. I know he is listed as 6' but dude is more like 5'10"-5'11" :lol:

Speaking of SLP, sort of want this varsity, also cropped but I like it better.
He is actually a legit 6'0 well he was measured 5'11.75 at his pre-draft combine but close enough.

+1 please don't wear a g shock with a suit.

If you're really looking for a quick, cheap fix check Target. I've definitely seen Timex weekenders there, but maybe not in the same shade as those walnut AEs you plan on wearing. Just get one with a bright, nylon strap if you really want it to stand out.

I do have a few more classier watches, but I usually just throw on my Swatches. I love them. They're cool and funky, but not too much to detract from the suit or the occasion.

This is the New Gent. Comes in a bunch of different colors to match your style. I have 2 of these. $70

This is the New Gent Lacquered. It also comes in a bunch of different colors and I like that it shows the guts. I have 3 of these. $70

I can take real pics when I get home if you want to see.

Last edited:
Speaking of watches, I was offered a Submariner for a great deal today but my major dilemma is whether or not I spend an extra $1,500 to $2k and get the LV or "Hulk" as it's commonly referred to.

vs.

I'd stick to the classic black sub and no date bubble is a plus for me, looks cleaner.

Speaking of watches, I was offered a Submariner for a great deal today but my major dilemma is whether or not I spend an extra $1,500 to $2k and get the LV or "Hulk" as it's commonly referred to.

I would stick with the first option. As RFX45 said, classic black is nice, and it lacks the date bubble!

Also, flyknitlvr, are you really a flyknit lover? I had some questions about flyknits and was looking for answers

Last edited:

I would stick with the first option. As RFX45 said, classic black is nice, and it lacks the date bubble!

Also, flyknitlvr, are you really a flyknit lover? I had some questions about flyknits and was looking for answers
Stick with the classics. Hulk is nice, but the Sub is so much more versatile.

RFX, would the resale or trade in value after say 10 years be about the same?

I absolutely love the lack of date/cyclops and the fact that it makes the watch that much cheaper is a plus. What I don't love is how ubiquitous the Submariner is (primarily the date-version but most people aren't even aware there are two models). The rarity of the LV is a big plus but from what I've heard, it's a flashy watch that generates a lot of attention which is the opposite of what I'm looking for (if I wanted attention I would opt for the GMT with PCL's).

Regarding Flyknits, I own every model so ask away!

Back
Top Bottom