Do you tip for takeout orders?

Or just let him speak on his bigotry
Whenever he makes such “jokes” I never find them funny. It makes me uncomfortable to see people actually rep those posts.

Sometimes people pretend to be “joking around” but they’re really just masking anger. I think this may be the case with him. Maybe not.

Whatever the case may be, those posts (“jokes”) he makes are bizarre and I’m simply acknowledging that.

I hate some of these new spots with the ipad kiosks that slap the tip percentages in front of your face when checking out.
y guess is the good outweighs the bad, because whenever I decide to take 2 -3 hours and do some deliveries I'm rarely di

I have realized this is primarily done in spaces where you normally would not tip (or not think to tip) i.e. coffee shops, grocery deliveries, Ubers, etc.

I came across a Twitter post where they were discussing tipping regardless of how bad the services was. Had folks saying they're still tipping up to 30% for bad service. WTF?
“Here, take this above average tip for your below average service.” :lol:

I would never go 30% for bad service but 99% of the time 20% is my floor. I know their bosses should pay them more and that they signed up for the job knowing the pay/circumstances but they still took it and it might be all the have. I get customer service is a large part of the job (i.e. what warrants the tip) but you also never know what someone else is going through. Just because I can bottle things up and carry out my job like nothing happened doesn't mean that everyone can. I also look at the tip and think about the extra money and realize that it won't mean much to me but could mean a lot for them.

Whenever he makes such “jokes” I never find them funny. It makes me uncomfortable to see people actually rep those posts.

Sometimes people pretend to be “joking around” but they’re really just masking anger. I think this may be the case with him. Maybe not.

Whatever the case may be, those posts (“jokes”) he makes are bizarre and I’m simply acknowledging that.
Can you share some? And yes, NT has a sector of bigots and racists

I only tip for sit down service in a restaurant, or in very rare occasions I order delivery. 9 times out of 10 I'm going to pick my food up. All you're doing is handing my bag to me, I don't feel the need to tip in those circumstances. Besides being generous, the only reason I think people tip for a take out order is pressure and stigma.

This troubles me as a Ubereats driver. Before accepting an order it shows what the total pay amount will be for the trip. We don't know what the fare is vs the tip until the trip is over. The point is, you accepted the order knowing how much you were being paid including tip. To now try and flip **** and hold the food ransom because you think you deserve more money for the delivery is ludicrous. I hate seeing drivers complain about fares, and tips on youtube and social media. Nobody forced you to accept that order. That was your choice so deal with it, and learn from it. Lessons that I've learned is never take a popeyes order (them workers take forever). Don't go outside of your desired radius no matter how much the pay is. And don't accept anything they offer you. You're time is valuable, so treat it as such.

I've rejected 4 or 5 orders in a row then have the very next one be double or triple the amount of the bs ones they were sending me and a much closer distance These guys need to choose their orders wisely, and not take it out on the customer. The **** that I see and hear about Ubereats drivers, I'm amazed that people are still using their services. My guess is the good outweighs the bad, because whenever I decide to take 2 -3 hours and do some deliveries I'm rarely disappointed.
Respect for the honesty and decency in how you approach the game.

Sure. I have sympathy for kids who don’t have water in Africa. I’m still not sending money out there.

who am I bailing out? The worker or their boss….?

You tip the kids a McDonald’s? They don’t make **** too
Depends if they have a tip jar or not. Not every location has one.

This country needs to just get rid of tipping. So many oppose it and don't tip anyway. I do wonder if bartenders and waiters would prefer higher consistent wages or keep things the same because some days the tips are extremely good.

If I'm ordering calling through the phone, then walking or driving to the place & picking up my bag of food- no I am not tipping in that situation. Never have & never will. The hell am I tipping for?

If I go to a restaurant to sit down, be served- yes I am tipping bonus bucks for being warm & friendly.

Good food bad service- still tip couple of bucks ONLY because I too was once a server & know what it means to work for tips. I'll be damned if I go to McDonald's & leave even a penny as a tip.

Anyone that talks about "Still tipping for bad service" is just trying to flex and/or get social (media) brownie points.

I wouldn’t say I tip for bad service but I’m also pretty friendly and not that hard to please so they would have to be pretty ****** and/or incompetent for me to consider it bad service and have me dip below 20%. I usually only have beef if it’s a bartender who skips over me a million times :lol:

Sounds like a good idea, but the few times it happened, the people I was with didn't want to tip until I convinced them too lol.

Anyone that talks about "Still tipping for bad service" is just trying to flex and/or get social (media) brownie points.

Define “bad service.” I’m just trying to understand what people expect when it comes to service.

👁 🍆 💦 in ☮️
👁 🍆 💦 in ☮️
👁 🍆 💦 in ☮️
👁 🍆 💦 in ☮️

Sounds like a good idea, but the few times it happened, the people I was with didn't want to tip until I convinced them too lol.
Sometimes you have to politely tell people to ante up on the tip. If the food is good & service matched, it's only right to tip imo.

Used to go out to dinner with big groups of friends regularly and a 15-20% tip was the usual. Never had a problem with anyone not wanting to tip.

Another thing - if you go out and split the check with folks do you tip coordinate (this is actually Larry David masagipatron masagipatron :lol: )
Honestly, I'm a big hearted dude & especially when I'm out with my familia I just throw down a bulk of the tip(former server in me understands the struggle) & they'll pitch in the rest for the agreed amount, sometimes I even comp nearly the entire meal. If I'm out with them & it's a sis-in-laws family/friend/relatives event I'm attending then I coordinate it to the amount of tip divided by head count.

As someone who worked in the service industry, when it comes time to pay the bill & decide tip- that's when you see people's true colors & attitudes come out. Goes from laughing having a good time to "WTF I DIDN'T ORDER THIS" & let the finger pointing & disagreements begin. Seen entire groups curse each other out :lol:

As someone who worked in the service industry, when it comes time to pay the bill & decide tip- that's when you see people's true colors & attitudes come out. Goes from laughing having a good time to "WTF I DIDN'T ORDER THIS" & let the finger pointing & disagreements begin. Seen entire groups curse each other out :lol:
So much this, man. Especially if it’s a place that I frequent and I’m taking folks there. I pick up the check just because I’m not trying to look funny in the light :lol:

Since we’re talking tipping/service and it’s the holiday season, do y’all give holiday tips to other service workers around the holidays that you interact with regularly?

Back
Top Bottom