Do you tip for takeout orders?

A part of me asks, am I tipping on the cooking and plating and overall service? Take out covers a large portion of what a tip usually consists of. Unless you’re 99% in on the in house experience only.
I’ve gotten bad looks for tipping on in-house entries only as I’ll get something to go later on. The total may be $100, only only $85 of it was in restaurant eating. So I’ll tip on the lower spectrum. Anymore it makes me just want to never go out again. Covid has made tipping hard.

I actually prefer when places just include the tip in the price.

A lot of the places I frequent do, so it eliminates the issue.

When I use grubhub the tip is always there but I ordered Dominoes the other night and didn't tip, driver was like are you gonna leave a dollar for tip I said no and kept it moving

something similar happen to my sis. She ordered mcdonalds from ubereats for my daughter and her kid.

i wasnt there but apparently the delivery person wouldnt leave nor give the food until my sis upped the tip. Meaning in person.
Id swear, if that bs tactic happened while i was there **** wouldve gotten ugly.

these clowns are testing the customer to a point where violence is an option.

Only if it’s a place where they know me by name and pretty much know what I want.

There are a few places I go to like that and tip. Otherwise no for takeout.
What establishments are you typically ordering your coal burgers from? Do they greet you and thank you for your tap dancing and support of pedos as well?

Went to pick up my phone order and the total was $56.80. I hand her $57 cash. She counts the money and looks up and says “Thank you have a good night”. Boss move on her part, touché.

past year or so we mostly patronize local spots we really like so i tip pretty good ~20%+
chain restaurants like cpk or chilis we don’t tip for takeout.

I came across a Twitter post where they were discussing tipping regardless of how bad the services was. Had folks saying they're still tipping up to 30% for bad service. WTF?

People get on Twitter and lie.

I always tip my barber, delivery drivers, and servers at restaurants as long as it was decent service. Cold day in h*ll before I get in my car, use my time, burn my gas walk into a restaurant pay for the food with my money AND tip?

Nah got me bent.

If I’m going to tip for takeout it’s usually at local family run type spots. I appreciate what they do and the struggles they been through during all this ****.
You know what? Theres a mom and pops burger spot I frequent by my job. One of if not thee best burger in Houston. They know me by my order. Im Mr. No Lettuce. :lol:. Im going to start tipping because them folks ******* rock! They even have a Shenmueeeeeee inspired mural on the side of the building.

I’ve been using UberEats, AmazonFresh and Whole Foods heavily recently. I just noticed today that for AmazonFresh/Whole Foods they automatically add a $5 tip no matter how much you order. I never really thought about it because when I get normal packages delivered there’s never any interaction or tipping. Is the person/driver who is dropping it off also packing my order?

That brings me to UberEats. I signed up for UberOne so I don’t pay delivery as well as some other fees. After the order is placed they ask you for a tip based on % and out different phrases next to percentages like “pretty good”, “thanks”, I’m so grateful!”, etc. I thought about it today…does 100% of that tip go to the driver? Tipping them a % based on my meal seems silly since they had nothing to do with the preparation - just the delivery so a flat rate would make more sense.

I was curious what others did in these scenarios :lol:

I’ve been using UberEats, AmazonFresh and Whole Foods heavily recently. I just noticed today that for AmazonFresh/Whole Foods they automatically add a $5 tip no matter how much you order. I never really thought about it because when I get normal packages delivered there’s never any interaction or tipping. Is the person/driver who is dropping it off also packing my order?

That brings me to UberEats. I signed up for UberOne so I don’t pay delivery as well as some other fees. After the order is placed they ask you for a tip based on % and out different phrases next to percentages like “pretty good”, “thanks”, I’m so grateful!”, etc. I thought about it today…does 100% of that tip go to the driver? Tipping them a % based on my meal seems silly since they had nothing to do with the preparation - just the delivery so a flat rate would make more sense.

I was curious what others did in these scenarios :lol:

You're approaching Larry David territory

Same race is getting a juicy tip, not my race is only getting 15%.

What about mixed, half and half?

Back
Top Bottom