Do you tip for takeout orders?

You're approaching Larry David territory

This means I am approaching the situation logically. Thank you.

What's the logic here?

I come in Peace.

I think I means he looks at Chinese establishment on the same level as fast food therefore a tip isn’t necessary.

I guess the blurry line is what if you go to the a restaurant, order takeout and have a beer while you? Are you tipping for the drink + meal? Just the drink? Is it even one bill?

What's the logic here?

I come in Peace.

Because Chinese I'm walking inside and all they do is put it in a container and handing it to you

a restaurant is packing up different items(appetizer, dessert, utensils...) and walking it to your car

If I'm going inside I'm not tipping, because there's no service involved.

Last edited:
Normally the price of my order is less than the price required for a CC so I’ll tip to make up for it.

No, and I pay cash so they can't get froggy circling gratuity on the CC receipt.

I tip well for dine-in and delivery so it balances out.

I hate some of these new spots with the ipad kiosks that slap the tip percentages in front of your face when checking out.

I only tip for sit down service in a restaurant, or in very rare occasions I order delivery. 9 times out of 10 I'm going to pick my food up. All you're doing is handing my bag to me, I don't feel the need to tip in those circumstances. Besides being generous, the only reason I think people tip for a take out order is pressure and stigma.

something similar happen to my sis. She ordered mcdonalds from ubereats for my daughter and her kid.

i wasnt there but apparently the delivery person wouldnt leave nor give the food until my sis upped the tip. Meaning in person.
Id swear, if that bs tactic happened while i was there **** wouldve gotten ugly.

these clowns are testing the customer to a point where violence is an option.

This troubles me as a Ubereats driver. Before accepting an order it shows what the total pay amount will be for the trip. We don't know what the fare is vs the tip until the trip is over. The point is, you accepted the order knowing how much you were being paid including tip. To now try and flip **** and hold the food ransom because you think you deserve more money for the delivery is ludicrous. I hate seeing drivers complain about fares, and tips on youtube and social media. Nobody forced you to accept that order. That was your choice so deal with it, and learn from it. Lessons that I've learned is never take a popeyes order (them workers take forever). Don't go outside of your desired radius no matter how much the pay is. And don't accept anything they offer you. You're time is valuable, so treat it as such.

I've rejected 4 or 5 orders in a row then have the very next one be double or triple the amount of the bs ones they were sending me and a much closer distance These guys need to choose their orders wisely, and not take it out on the customer. The **** that I see and hear about Ubereats drivers, I'm amazed that people are still using their services. My guess is the good outweighs the bad, because whenever I decide to take 2 -3 hours and do some deliveries I'm rarely disappointed.

Have sympathy.
Sure. I have sympathy for kids who don’t have water in Africa. I’m still not sending money out there.

who am I bailing out? The worker or their boss….?

You tip the kids a McDonald’s? They don’t make **** too

Back
Top Bottom