Do you share a bed with ya boy on trips to save costs

when yall go on trips with your boys, is it just a mandate? the people talking about sharing the bed are obviously talking about a vacation for 4+ people.

so i dont know why you keep bringing up rooms with 2 queen size beds for the same price, because obviously if that was an option they'd take it.

Let's make it clear for those that don't understand

Scenario: you're on a trip with your sister and one friend of yours (to make this simple). So either you sleep with your sister or you sleep with ya boy
There is no pull out couch, and if you request for a fold-up bed it'll cost you extra because they'll know you have extra guest

Or you can be one of those dirty people who go blanket+carpet floor. If I were you I'd rather not go than sleep on that dirty *** carpet

This one of them senseless arguments...lol

Btw if you and all your boys are on the same page strapped for money, I'd HATE to be on a vacation with that click...Vegas out of all places specially!
Weren't you ever a 22 y/o college student? I'm sure you know what it's like.

When in Vegas, you're honestly not in the room for that long, so it would not have made sense for poor college students to dish out another room. Never claimed to be, "doing it" :lol:. Guess you can't see it from other people's point of view, but that's fine. No jimmies rustled.

Clique by the way :wink: :tongue:.

Last edited:
I question if some of you even wear slippers in the hotel room

Going barefoot, y'all greater risk for that staph infection

:lol: at don't go on vacation if your strapped for cash. When I graduate I'll get my own room, until then its 5 to a two bed room. Unless one of you rich folks wants to PayPal me some cash :nerd:

When in Vegas, you're honestly not in the room for that long, so it would not have made sense for poor college students to dish out another room. Never claimed to be, "doing it" :lol:. Guess you can't see it from other people's point of view, but that's fine. No jimmies rustled.

Of course but it never occurred to me or my boys to share a bed, a room of course but not a bed for the sake of saving a couple of bucks and you need your room to rest up even if its a couple of hoursX with your logic, midas well not eem get a room, just straight bum it out for the weekend and sneak into a gym to shower and change...I'm saying...since you never in the room anyways...lol

And Bruh... 10 PEOPLE to a room that accommodates 4 is ridiculous, that's not a vacation, that's prison.

Doesn't make sense to. Save up so that your experience isn't hindered by penny pinching.

I don't even want to imagine how that room and bathroom smelled with 10 people in it.

Last edited:
:lol: at don't go on vacation if your strapped for cash. When I graduate I'll get my own room, until then its 5 to a two bed room. Unless one of you rich folks wants to PayPal me some cash :nerd:

God that must suck...so you now have to be rich to sleep in a single bed :rofl: what else are ya bargaining with?...or is this exclusive to sharing a bed?...do ya go out and ask for a glass of water at the bar and live off the dollar menu while on vacation as well?...do ya know how ridiculous ya sound talking about saving money while on VACATION?...the whole point of Vacay is to be stressed free and for a few days act as if there is no worries..

Of course but it never occurred to me or my boys to share a bed, a room of course but not a bed for the sake of saving a couple of bucks and you need your room to rest up even if its a couple of hoursX with your logic, midas well not eem get a room, just straight bum it out for the weekend and sneak into a gym to shower and change...I'm saying...since you never in the room anyways...lol

And Bruh... 10 PEOPLE to a room that accommodates 4 is ridiculous, that's not a vacation, that's prison.
Couple of bucks? Nah. Sneak into a gym/shower? :lol: Nah, THAT means you shouldn't be on vacation.

Prison? That's a huge over exaggeration.

Couple of bucks? Nah. Sneak into a gym/shower? :lol: Nah, THAT means you shouldn't be on vacation.

Of course it's an exaggeration, but if you must fit 10 people in one room you shouldn't be on Vacay either, that is insane man.....1 toilet, 1 shower, all those clothes and luggage, the smell, did housekeeping not tip off management?...I'm sure 10 people to a room is not allowed in ANY hotel...

Doesn't make sense to. Save up so that your experience isn't hindered by penny pinching.

I don't even want to imagine how that room and bathroom smelled with 10 people in it.
I don't think it was hindered, at least personally I didn't feel it was. A good time was had, nobody had any gripes. Of course living situations could've been better, but again - It was college; kinda expected it (still in school without jobs).

As for the bathroom; there weren't any issues :lol:. Aim and you're good + service maids did their job so it was straight.

Of course it's an exaggeration, but if you must fit 10 people in one room you shouldn't be on Vacay either, that is insane man.....1 toilet, 1 shower, all those clothes and luggage, the smell, did housekeeping not tip off management?...I'm sure 10 people to a room is not allowed in ANY hotel...
I don't see why we're not entitled to enjoy a short vaca just because money was tight.

No clue about housekeeping (and 10 is definitely not allowed :lol:). Perfectly honest, there weren't any hygiene or odorous problems, srs.

Last edited:
its always hyperboles with NT. there is no middle ground.

some of yall east coasters don't realize how accessible vegas is to people on the west coast. people be going there every weekend or multiple times a month. it really isn't a "vacation" but more of a weekend party binge. so balling out every single time really isn't an option.

saving hundreds of dollars by sharing a bed with a homie really goes a long ways especially if youre going to the clubs friday night, saturday during the day, saturday night, and sunday before you leave.

Last edited:
Never had this happen in a hotel situation but I had a similar issue arise. One time one of my homies just moved into his new spot. No couch, no blankets to use on the floor, no pillows. All dude had was a sleeping bad and a mattress. I'm about to crash and he's like, "nah its cool, just sleep on the bed." I'm thinking to myself, this N must be trippin. 

Long story short I slept in the sleeping bag. I'm comfortable with my sexuality but I just can't justify sharing a bed with your homie. That's what you do on playdates when you're 12. Can you imagine if someone entered the room and seeing their reaction? 
sick.gif
alien.gif
 How would you even try to rationalize it? Of course your answer would make sense but you know that ish won't fly. 

As far as the hotel situation, I'm not compromising here, either. I like being comfortable. If I have to make a dollar stretch so much that I have to share a bed with my homies, then I'm not traveling. 

God that must suck...so you now have to be rich to sleep in a single bed :rofl: what else are ya bargaining with?...or is this exclusive to sharing a bed?...do ya go out and ask for a glass of water at the bar and live off the dollar menu while on vacation as well?...do ya know how ridiculous ya sound talking about saving money while on VACATION?...the whole point of Vacay is to be stressed free and for a few days act as if there is no worries..
Dude I'm not going on my honeymoon man. Its a vacation with my friends, who are all college students with similar financial constraints. We aren't staying at five star hotels, and aren't dining in at five star restaurants my dude. We went to Puerto Peñasco a few years ago for spring break and lived off of dollar tacos and burritos. We drove a 12 passenger van down there and stayed in 2 rooms, 6 to a room. Believe me when I say we had fun, even though the conditions weren't ideal. Any cash saved on rooms and food is cash that can be spent on things like jet skis and going out at night.

For reference, the drive to Puerto Penasco from where I live is about 3-4 hours. Its not like we went to Hawaii

Last edited:
^Truth. The only thing that concerns me about a vacation is whether you (and your company) had a good time or not.

Dude I'm not going on my honeymoon man. Its a vacation with my friends, who are all college students with similar financial constraints. We aren't staying at five star hotels, and aren't dining in at five star restaurants my dude. We went to Puerto Peñasco a few years ago for spring break and lived off of dollar tacos and burritos. We drove a 12 passenger van down there and stayed in 2 rooms, 6 to a room. Believe me when I say we had fun, even though the conditions weren't ideal. Any cash saved on rooms and food is cash that can be spent on things like jet skis and going out at night.

#POOR

how dare you go on vacation and penny pinch

Last edited:
Huh? Almost every hotel I've ever been in has the option of 2 full-size beds or 1 king/queen for the same price. Nobody's talking about getting a whole nother room, just another bed.
We're obviously talking about more than two people in a room with only two beds.  Some hotels don't offer a roll-out, so that's not always an option.
No I inherited my job as a therapist...why does me having a college degree have to do with the topic at hand tho?...lol
You must've inherited a passing grade in English then because he clearly said he was sharing rooms in college, not after he bought his Evoque.
Btw if you and all your boys are on the same page strapped for money, I'd HATE to be on a vacation with that clique...Vegas out of all places specially!
Rather be with people who are partying on a budget than people who aren't on a budget, but are self-absorbed
eyes.gif

:lol: Hyperbole. Don't matter if it's accessible. If you're stretching each cent so that you have enough to party and drink, youre doing it wrong. That's some **** you get away with in college.

Last edited:
so you can't go on vacation and be on a budget now? :lol:

what's next if you can't afford to eat out every night on vacation than you shouldn't go?

Growing up my mom was strapped so her and her best friend would split a shore house for a week, the kids slept in the same beds and they shared a room. I am going to go call my mom and tell her how horrible she was for trying to give us a little vacation each summer even though she was doing it on a waitress budget. Looking back I wish I just stayed home that week and had nothing to look forward to each July.

Last edited:
*shrug*

i guess to some people spending $200 dollars on drinks/clubs/excursions > spending $200 for their own bed

i don't see how this should qualify as being too poor to go on vacation.

to each his own

Last edited:
We're obviously talking about more than two people in a room with only two beds.  Some hotels don't offer a roll-out, so that's not always an option.

You must've inherited a passing grade in English then because he clearly said he was sharing rooms in college, not after he bought his Evoque.

Rather be with people who are partying on a budget than people who aren't on a budget, but are self-absorbed :rolleyes ...

Hear yourself "party on a budget" wth does that even mean :rofl:

Nobody saying to go out and pop bottles, but son if you out there scrambling for singles to buy a drink or passing around a drink between 3 dudes while going back to a room where 6 dudes must find a way to accommodate themselves, that sounds terrible....how is that even a good time?...I can party on a "budget" without having to hop on a plane to a different state....justify it how ya want, I don't really care.

so you can't go on vacation and be on a budget now?
laugh.gif

what's next if you can't afford to eat out every night on vacation than you shouldn't go?

Growing up my mom was strapped so her and her best friend would split a shore house for a week, the kids slept in the same beds and they shared a room. I am going to go call my mom and tell her how horrible she was for trying to give us a little vacation each summer even though she was doing it on a waitress budget. Looking back I wish I just stayed home at week and had nothing to look forward to each July.
Nah, this is different. Age is the determining factor, my man. When you're young it's perfectly cool to sleep in the same beds. Its an entirely different situation when you're 20+ years old sharing a bed with another man. 

Nah, this is different. Age is the determining factor, my man. When you're young it's perfectly cool to sleep in the same beds. Its an entirely different situation when you're 20+ years old sharing a bed with another man. 

you are 20+ in college though

we would go to the bowl game each year and drive wherever it was and put like 5-6 people in a room because it's all we could afford. Should I have just stayed home then and missed out on some of the best experiences of my life?

Age is not a factor to me; the overwhelming majority of this country is living paycheck to paycheck so whatever corner people cut to take a vacation isn't my place to judge because it's better than no vacation IMO.

so you can't go on vacation and be on a budget now? :lol:

Growing up my mom was strapped so her and her best friend would split a shore house for a week, the kids slept in the same beds and they shared a room. I am going to go call my mom and tell her how horrible she was for trying to give us a little vacation each summer even though she was doing it on a waitress budget. Looking back I wish I just stayed home that week and had nothing to look forward to each July.

You speaking of two families with kids sharing a house, KIDS....every time ya post ya sound even more silly...did your mom and her friend sleep in the same bed too?...say it was your dads instead of your moms and they said, ok kids, we going to bed and dudes hopped in the same bed....cut it out, this argument is ridiculous.

I dont go on a vacation to ball out, I can use groupon, living social to budget and save on other things, but lodging is not something ill compromise, not as an adult...chill...and I'm not going into a club outside of my state if I don't have enough money to cover for myself, clubs are expensive, if you wanna have a good time in a club, you'll need to bring money.

And there you go with the hyperbole. Never said there was wrong with budgeting or planning.****** cramming rooms like the bowels of a slave ship to save a few bucks when its clear that y'all shouldn't be traveling. I'm not sharing no beds and it damn sure won't be more than the room occupancy in one space. Stay your *** home and save up for next time. Vacation is about being comfortable. I value that. Obvious some of you don't.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom