Do you put your butter in the fridge or leave it out?

I leave 1 stick out for spreading on bread and what not. The rest stays in the fridge and I'll use that for any other purpose.

Butter will last longer if kept refrigerated which is why stores keep it in the refrigerator but you can leave butter out for several weeks or more without it going bad. It should be covered tho.

at home, i put it in the fridge since i don't use it too often
at work, they like to leave it outside so its soften and easy to spread

both...

but we go through butter quick as we cook with it and spread it on toast every morning (no one in my family is fat either...lol)

you should be okay if its salted, in a butter dish with a lid, and if its not hanging out on the counter for months...

i have chickens as well...and there have been times that ive pulled eggs out of the coop once a week or twice a week...the eggs have always been delicious

i think alot of foods we eat at restaurants are in way worse shape, loaded with preservatives/salts, and kept in much more unsanitary conditions than most peoples homes

Culture is actually the key word,

let me explain

in a lot of countries butter is cultured in the sense a that bacteria is added for flavor and for keeping.

think about the yogurt like product Kiefer, the culture reproduces better at room temperature , Also this was preservation prior to refrigeration.

so cultured butter culturally is left out in some places , I personally would not do that with non cultured butter....

Just for my chefs google cultured butter amazon and Whole Foods sell cultured butter that has a flavor in between butter and cream cheese, it’s very nice to cook with but like cheese not all cultures are equal.

Leave it out.

Undercover in a glass case. Keeps it nice and smooth when Im ready to hit the toast with it. Mix it with honey and you're on point.

What about butter rolls.

Y'all put those in the fridge or leave em out

umax_911000A.jpg

Only use butter for baking and I take it out the fridge to reach room temp. Except for pies and biscuts. I use frozen butter for that. Use to have one stick out at a time as kids though when we ate eggos or toast daily.

What about butter rolls.

Y'all put those in the fridge or leave em out

umax_911000A.jpg

Now this might be a weird thing to yall but all bread in my crib is refrigerated or frozen.

Unless its those fresh baguettes from costco which will be consumed that day.

Now this might be a weird thing to yall but all bread in my crib is refrigerated or frozen.

Unless its those fresh baguettes from costco which will be consumed that day.
I am with you.

I don't see the point in keeping bread out.

Preserve the life, keep it in the fridge.

If it is a bread that I ONLY use in a Toasted Form, I keep it in the Freezer. I take 2 slices out when I need to use them.

For the, "I use a lot of soft butter, so I keep it out" dudes, is it too much of a pain to just take the butter out BEFORE you need it so it can THEN reach ROom Temp?

This story always stuck with me. Years ago a coworker and I were going to hoop after work and we stopped at his apartment so he could get his clothes. On his kitchen counter he had a rotisserie chicken sitting out and I thought it was weird since him and his girl both work during the day. I asked him about it and he acted like it was normal. He said they leave them out all the time and just snack on it for a few days until it’s gone. My brain couldn’t even compute the thought of doing this, but he said they’ve never gotten sick from it. Him, his girl, and his daughter would all eat from it.

This story always stuck with me. Years ago a coworker and I were going to hoop after work and we stopped at his apartment so he could get his clothes. On his kitchen counter he had a rotisserie chicken sitting out and I thought it was weird since him and his girl both work during the day. I asked him about it and he acted like it was normal. He said they leave them out all the time and just snack on it for a few days until it’s gone. My brain couldn’t even compute the thought of doing this, but he said they’ve never gotten sick from it. Him, his girl, and his daughter would all eat from it.

"Would eat from it" , probably means take their hands and PICK from it right?

What race were they? I have an idea.

"Would eat from it" , probably means take their hands and PICK from it right?

What race were they? I have an idea.
This was probably 7 or 8 years ago so I don’t remember exactly what he said but that was the vibe I got from it. That they would snack on it. I believe he was Puerto Rican.

We leave one stick of butter out in a butter dish covered. Have the rest in the fridge until needed.

Do you know what happens to butter left unrefrigerated for days, weeks, months?

Who does this? :nerd:

EDIT

I see from reading this page. Y'all wild.

My butter in the fridge is usually soft enough to spread on hot toast, bagel, etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom