Do you put your butter in the fridge or leave it out?

Like DC I out everything I the fridge...butter cookies chips etc. if I need soft butter I just zap it in microwave. What bothers me is when people don’t follow condiment suggestions. Most say refrigerate after opening...

my godmother keeps butter out (Mexican, black and Native American if it matters) but she always bakes a lot like once or twice a week.

Only time I see butter left out is when I go to a deli, diner, or restaurant and they have those little individual servings of butter in little containers.

Like DC I out everything I the fridge...butter cookies chips etc. if I need soft butter I just zap it in microwave. What bothers me is when people don’t follow condiment suggestions. Most say refrigerate after opening...

my godmother keeps butter out (Mexican, black and Native American if it matters) but she always bakes a lot like once or twice a week.
Chips? Potato chips or you mean like chocolate chips for the cookies and baking?

Yall gonna die... :lol:

But seriously, I grew up with keeping a stick of salted butter and margarine on counter in a butter dish (not the crock in the vid). We went through a stick in a few days. Toast, eggs, eggos, etc.

My girl was grossed out when I told her thats how we did it. Now we keep it in the fridge or freezer. Not many situations now where I readily need room temp butter. I like my toast/bagels/english muffins broiled. Just slice a few pieces of cold butter, put it on top, let the oven melt and brown it.

Wild.

I have to see something... Do you wash/rinse meat before cooking?

Yes I do. With lemon juice and I completely bleach everything when done.

I started putting stuff in the fridge after a pipe burst in the apartment above me. Maintenance had to tear my ceiling open and a mouse got in. Most disgusting experience ever. I moved everything from my pantry to my fridge until I could move out. And just never RE adjusted. My husband does think I’m weird but he don’t cook so oh well.

I started putting stuff in the fridge after a pipe burst in the apartment above me. Maintenance had to tear my ceiling open and a mouse got in. Most disgusting experience ever. I moved everything from my pantry to my fridge until I could move out. And just never RE adjusted. My husband does think I’m weird but he don’t cook so oh well.

Been there with the mouse problem before in an old house so I can understand that.

I don’t get the washing meat though. Any bacteria will be killed when you’re cooking. Even with a nice $25/lb steak are you still washing it? Or is this only for chicken?

Been there with the mouse problem before in an old house so I can understand that.

I don’t get the washing meat though. Any bacteria will be killed when you’re cooking. Even with a nice $25/lb steak are you still washing it? Or is this only for chicken?

I rarely cook steak. Since we mainly eat chicken and turkey. But the few times I have yes I rinse it not with lemon juice tho.

But you don't wash chicken in the ACTUAL sink though, do you? You at least use a bowl right?

#Cultural

Not washing steak though.

Just birds.

What about washing your bed sheets? What kills that bacteria?

Poultry always seems like it's extra slimey. Always hate cutting up raw chicken.
Bingo.

Dealing with chicken is an adventure. I have to make sure my area is cleared/cleaned before dealing with it. It is a pain to deal with honestly.

Taking it out the package and cooking it must be nice but I just can't do it.

That’s disgusting especially if you getting buns.

I think ahat ahat is misremembering. I recently posted in a thread about sheets that I found it hard to believe washing your sheets once a year was the average...because that’s gross. My girl washes our sheets every week.

Every few months there is a Twitter debate about this (ketchup to be specific)

I understand people have a preference, but what you are SUPPOSED to do is written on the package :lol:

Back
Top Bottom