Do not say "Adios" to a Judge

That's not his "house". It is a courtroom paid for by our tax dollars. His job is to interpret the law and handle sentencing. I'm not even sure that she was being funny by saying "adios".

In the literal sense yes but remember in court, you are supposed to persuade a judge of your innocene. He is the one that will determine your fate whether right or wrong. Wouldn't you act as professional as you can in this case? That literally is just a rude awakening for her cause that type of stuff has no merit in court.

That's not his "house". It is a courtroom paid for by our tax dollars. His job is to interpret the law and handle sentencing. I'm not even sure that she was being funny by saying "adios". She crossed the line flipping the bird tho..
Was he not appointed as a judge to that courthouse? If you think just because it tax payer dollars it isn't his house then go in there, tell him he was in the wrong for how he handled that girl in front of everyone in the court. Then lets see how you get treated.

She wasn't being funny, she was being disrespectful by not taking him seriously.

Some of yall dudes crack me up.....she went into a courtroom flipped off and disrespected a judge and hes the one that was in the wrong?

That's not his "house". It is a courtroom paid for by our tax dollars. His job is to interpret the law and handle sentencing. I'm not even sure that she was being funny by saying "adios". She crossed the line flipping the bird tho..
Was he not appointed as a judge to that courthouse? If you think just because it tax payer dollars it isn't his house then go in there, tell him he was in the wrong for how he handled that girl in front of everyone in the court. Then lets see how you get treated.

She wasn't being funny, she was being disrespectful by not taking him seriously.

:rofl:

Last edited:
That's not his "house". It is a courtroom paid for by our tax dollars. His job is to interpret the law and handle sentencing. I'm not even sure that she was being funny by saying "adios".

In the literal sense yes but remember in court, you are supposed to persuade a judge of your innocene. He is the one that will determine your fate whether right or wrong. Wouldn't you act as professional as you can in this case? That literally is just a rude awakening for her cause that type of stuff has no merit in court.

Juries decide innocence or guilt, not judges, bruh. Judges are supposed to uphold the law and handle sentencing/bond amounts. Only time it's ok to flip off a judge is if you already know you getting life.

This belongs here also:

I bet that arrogant prosecutor would agree that the inmate is a "tough guy" if he didn't have handcuffs and three bailiffs holding him back.

Last edited:
Juries decide innocence or guilt, not judges, bruh. Judges are supposed to uphold the law and handle sentencing/bond amounts. Only time it's ok to flip off a judge is if you already know you getting life.

Not always, you can choose to go with a judge only trial. In this particular case the judge was the word on whether or not she was going to go home that day or cool her heels in a cell since it was just a bond hearing, if you listen to what the PD is saying she doesn't even have a lawyer yet and the judge is trying to find out if she's broke or can afford private counsel. I'm not going to say she deserved 30 days, but it's never a smart move to mouth off at a judge. I spend most of my week days in and out of courts and even though I've been doing this sort of work for 10 years and a few judges have taken to asking me about normal day to day life stuff, I still call them sir and ma'am or your honor.

Not always, you can choose to go with a judge only trial. In this particular case the judge was the word on whether or not she was going to go home that day or cool her heels in a cell since it was just a bond hearing, if you listen to what the PD is saying she doesn't even have a lawyer yet and the judge is trying to find out if she's broke or can afford private counsel. I'm not going to say she deserved 30 days, but it's never a smart move to mouth off at a judge. I spend most of my week days in and out of courts and even though I've been doing this sort of work for 10 years and a few judges have taken to asking me about normal day to day life stuff, I still call them sir and ma'am or your honor.

You're right. There are bench trials. Jury trials are much more common though.

not eem gonna lie: I just did the kyrie irving spin move through this entire thread, just scrolling for pics :wow:

This is like the worst example but what is all those judge shows on TV? Are they like small claims cases or something? In those cases, there are no juries and the judge pretty much decides your fate. I am assuming this girls charge was right up there with say a DUI charge cause I had a DUI back 5 years ago and it was simply a judge asking if you plead innocent or guilty and ultimately, he decides what is going to happen to you.

His condescending "bye bye" is what set everything off. Yes, she thought she was in high school detention and she got learned real quick, but do your job and keep it moving. There's more important things at stake. I gotta live in this society too, papi.

These kids will continue to be disrespectful to people of authority when they continue to flex their superiority in their faces. It is this perpetual cycle that makes our justice system a joke. Everyone loses (except this judge who drives home to his gated community) and yet somehow the majority of people in this country think it's good we lock people like this girl up.

Back
Top Bottom