Do not eat a Umi Sushi in Atlanta, Georgia!

I thought most of the sushi served in grocery stores and restaurants are cooked. And only the hardcore sushi joints serve raw.
nah man. Just not quality. However, there's an all you can eat sushi spot near me and I love it. I've had quality sushi (at least by MN standards) and to me tastes just as good.

nah man. Just not quality. However, there's an all you can eat sushi spot near me and I love it. I've had quality sushi (at least by MN standards) and to me tastes just as good.

Man, just now read up on this thread. This was such a ****** up situation and unnecessary too :smh: I actually got mad watching that owner’s actions. Simple fix though....**** your restaurant. Everyone should stop frequenting it. Let’s see him brag about his sneakers then.

Funny thing about sushi is that Japanese people eat it rarely. Maybe once a month or during holidays.
It was the introduction of Nobu with backing from Robert DeNiro in the 80s that propelled to this high end luxury cuisine in the US, and now world wide.
It started as a casual meal for fisherman, and still enjoyed casually in Japan.
yes there are high end restaurants (many with Michelin starred ratings) but you can still get great quality sushi in Japan without needing formal attire.

BTW, sushi is the vinegar riced , not the fish.

Y’all eating grocery store sushi? Cmon y’all.... stop it. Good and bad sushi is night and day

Agreed even though Publix and Harris Teeter Sushi do be fresh doe.
Best Sushi I ever had was in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan my gf there got me real drunk and pretty much force fed it to me.
Been loving it ever since.

A major problem with store bought sushi is the rice. It's usually put in the cold section to preserve the fish, but makes the rice too hard.
One trick i've found is after you take it home, let it sit in room temp for 30 mins (assuming that your house is not super warm).
The rice should warm up and become soft. That's the ideal way to eat sushi.

Last edited:
Reading the room. TI needs to know that the optics are agonst him if he shows up trying to change the whole thang when you have YOUR people clearly hurt by whats happening.

how you see a crying child and then go console the mother who made the child cry? Your first reaction is to tend to the child and see whats up.

TI the definition of try hard.

Glad, they did. Logically the modern day human diet isn’t meant to consume uncooked meat. Could just be my family tho or just East Atlanta, Allan Temple, Derby Street ( East Athens), East Slappy (Albany)...

Proof of this?

Based on this logic, shouldn't the selling of Sushi (uncooked) be banned?

This a sushi appreciation post now? Lets stay focused here.

TI dun been hoodwinked and bamboozled by this owner. Not once did he apologize for what happened. They said the owner, during the incident, stated that none of this would affect him cause he had black celebrity connections. And here come TIs happy *** playing right along with the program. Lost some respect for that brother after watching this. Owner aint sorry, just tryna distort the optics after the fact.

TI posted he was gonna get the place shutdown. Next thing ya know hes having a sit down talking bout training programs and diversifying the restaurant, all without even having spoken to victims here. Its really just disgusting on TIs part, man heard one side of the story and chose sides, the wrong one smh.

This a sushi appreciation post now? Lets stay focused here.

TI dun been hoodwinked and bamboozled by this owner. Not once did he apologize for what happened. They said the owner, during the incident, stated that none of this would affect him cause he had black celebrity connections. And here come TIs happy *** playing right along with the program. Lost some respect for that brother after watching this. Owner aint sorry, just tryna distort the optics after the fact.

TI posted he was gonna get the place shutdown. Next thing ya know hes having a sit down talking bout training programs and diversifying the restaurant, all without even having spoken to victims here. Its really just disgusting on TIs part, man heard one side of the story and chose sides, the wrong one smh.
TI is a bum
50 cent is a bum
Lil Wayne is a bum.

people need to quit looking at these people for anything

123027840_10222715849018782_599600479649713950_n.jpg

My homeboy took me to one of them all you can eat spots. I tried all different kinds of ones. I honestly don't know what I had.

Wasn't a fan of any.

I picked the rice and pickled ginger though.

to be honest I have had sushi before that, in my 20s. But it was just my eating some 7-Eleven rolls late at night while I was back out drunk. They tasted like nothing, I didn't throw them up, so I assumed them were cool. Especially since I would down them sandwich between two halves of a taquito.

But actually trying it to see if I like it, in a sushi restaurant, was at 33.

Fed my man that quality starved suburbia sushi. :smh: :smh: :smh:

TI is a bum
50 cent is a bum
Lil Wayne is a bum.

people need to quit looking at these people for anything

I dont recall anyone looking at TI to do anything here. He inserted himself in this.

I get what you're saying, however, those people have influence, money and huge platforms. They would actually be the perfect people to look to, unfortunately they ususlly handle it wrong. Case in point here with TI.

I plan to take a sushi making course next year once COVID dies down. My friend took a 3 month course in LA. Now he stays going to the fish market on weekends.

I dont recall anyone looking at TI to do anything here. He inserted himself in this.

I get what you're saying, however, those people have influence, money and huge platforms. They would actually be the perfect people to look to, unfortunately they ususlly handle it wrong. Case in point here with TI.

This is exactly how I feel. I won't say it's absolutely wrong for people with a platform such as his to involve themselves in situations like these because they have power (more than the standard person) to rally for change, but yeah, TI done goofed in this situation and fumbled his opportunity.

Back
Top Bottom