didnt know Hyundai sold a $60,000 vehicle.........

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Verdykt wrote:
saw it at the auto show last month. Looks really nice. they have improved quite a lot in the past few years. Just dont like the blatant biting of other companies cars that they always seem to have in their higher end models
same could be said for the new chrysler 200.

anyway. like I said. I really don't think the target market for the EQUUS lives on NT...
eventually Hyundai's name will  no longer have that "It's a Hyundai" stigma. It'll prob take another 10-15 years...but it will happen.

Till then they should stick tk what's been working though....a good warranty and very affordable prices.
eh?
the point in these cars and better designs and lineup is to get rid of that "it's a Hyundai" stigma.  If they just stuck to "what's been working" they'd never get rid of it.

It's a Hyundai though. 60 racks 
indifferent.gif

I'd rather cop a coupe from an established luxury brand for 10 to 15k less.

It's a Hyundai though. 60 racks 
indifferent.gif

I'd rather cop a coupe from an established luxury brand for 10 to 15k less.

Why would someone even drop that much for a Hundai?

Nice.. But not THAT nice..

Why would someone even drop that much for a Hundai?

Nice.. But not THAT nice..

arcadia/pasadena has some pretty nice houses...duno what some people are talking about.

san marino is a nice area as well.

arcadia/pasadena has some pretty nice houses...duno what some people are talking about.

san marino is a nice area as well.

I drive a hyundai myself. Its been very reliable. I mean, i guess the design rip offs occur everywhere, but I have nothing but positive things to say about the car and maintenance.

I drive a hyundai myself. Its been very reliable. I mean, i guess the design rip offs occur everywhere, but I have nothing but positive things to say about the car and maintenance.

Hyunday IS the luxury brand of KIA.

Everything being posted right now is hearsay and "gut instinct." People talking about "It's a hyundai", 60k this and that. There are no facts being tossed, no maintenance records or comparisons between brands, reliability comparisons between brands or any of the sort. Everything has been based off opinion and we all know how fickle those are.

In reality though, all it takes is for them to gain a footing in this market like they already are doing and sign your favorite celebrity to endorse their car.

I guarantee you minds will change REAL quick about this being "Just a Hyundai"

Hyunday IS the luxury brand of KIA.

Everything being posted right now is hearsay and "gut instinct." People talking about "It's a hyundai", 60k this and that. There are no facts being tossed, no maintenance records or comparisons between brands, reliability comparisons between brands or any of the sort. Everything has been based off opinion and we all know how fickle those are.

In reality though, all it takes is for them to gain a footing in this market like they already are doing and sign your favorite celebrity to endorse their car.

I guarantee you minds will change REAL quick about this being "Just a Hyundai"

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by sheeed

the reviews on this car aren't that bad actually...and hyundai has come a long way from what they use to be...most probably wouldn't know that...just keep peddling that old BS

I'm sorry homie but I'm not dropping 60 big ones on a car that is in the process of redeeming itself...I'd rather drop that money on an established luxury brand, even if it doesn't have an iPad and all the extra little buttons....if you ever owned a luxury car or something similar, you know all those gimmicks get old VERY fast.

So you are justifyng payin 60 stacks for something you already admitThat luxury gimmicks "get old fast"...makes no sense...Last time I checked I always pay attention to ppl who have something to prove.

Bro I must have read your post about 10x and still can't figure out what you are trying to say....Edit***sorry I finally understood, in all reality if I had 60k handy I wouldn't have to justify anything, I'd personally get what I would want more than what I would need, all the little tricks this car has will get old within a month, the pride of owning an actual luxury beast won't get old that fast...and let us ^^^be honest, when it comes to cars the majority of us are brand +%%%$$, if I'm the market for luxury, a Kia/hyundai dealership will ^^^be the last thing on my mind.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by sheeed

the reviews on this car aren't that bad actually...and hyundai has come a long way from what they use to be...most probably wouldn't know that...just keep peddling that old BS

I'm sorry homie but I'm not dropping 60 big ones on a car that is in the process of redeeming itself...I'd rather drop that money on an established luxury brand, even if it doesn't have an iPad and all the extra little buttons....if you ever owned a luxury car or something similar, you know all those gimmicks get old VERY fast.

So you are justifyng payin 60 stacks for something you already admitThat luxury gimmicks "get old fast"...makes no sense...Last time I checked I always pay attention to ppl who have something to prove.

Bro I must have read your post about 10x and still can't figure out what you are trying to say....Edit***sorry I finally understood, in all reality if I had 60k handy I wouldn't have to justify anything, I'd personally get what I would want more than what I would need, all the little tricks this car has will get old within a month, the pride of owning an actual luxury beast won't get old that fast...and let us ^^^be honest, when it comes to cars the majority of us are brand +%%%$$, if I'm the market for luxury, a Kia/hyundai dealership will ^^^be the last thing on my mind.

Verdykt wrote:
saw it at the auto show last month. Looks really nice. they have improved quite a lot in the past few years. Just dont like the blatant biting of other companies cars that they always seem to have in their higher end models

anyway. like I said. I really don't think the target market for the EQUUS lives on NT...
eventually Hyundai's name will  no longer have that "It's a Hyundai" stigma. It'll prob take another 10-15 years...but it will happen.

Till then they should stick tk what's been working though....a good warranty and very affordable prices.
eh?
the point in these cars and better designs and lineup is to get rid of that "it's a Hyundai" stigma.  If they just stuck to "what's been working" they'd never get rid of it.

So they figure a sedan that doubles the price tag on their most equipped SUV, will certainly put them over the edge and they would now be recognized as also a luxury brand?...ehh..It just doesn't make sense to me and I will never ^^^be able to agree...let's see how those sales end up justifying the production of this car.

Verdykt wrote:

eh?

So they figure a sedan that doubles the price tag on their most equipped SUV, will certainly put them over the edge and they would now be recognized as also a luxury brand?...ehh..It just doesn't make sense to me and I will never ^^^be able to agree...let's see how those sales end up justifying the production of this car.

The Equus has been around for a LOT longer than people think. It's been the staple luxury car in Korea since the late 90's. These cars retail in Korea for a lot more than $60k in Korea. The same goes for a lot of cars in the Hyundai lineup such as the Sonata and Vera Cruz. Hyundai is willing to take a haircut on cars they sell in the US because they want to increase brand awareness and improve its public perception. And no, it's not a "well it's only a luxury car in Korea" thing. Hyundai understands that it's current angle in generating revenue outside of Korea is an affordable & reliable car ala the Accent, Sonata, Santa Cruz...etc. It's not that they can't make cars that are up to par or exceed the likes of other luxury brands. There are clearly a lot of haters here, but you're probably all too young to remember when Toyota was in exactly the same situation while now you drool over the new IS-F or LFA. It's a long process to change an automakers public perception. This is Hyundai's first phase of at least attempting to break into the luxury sedan market, naturally you're going to run into some resistance from the public, that's expected.

The Equus has been around for a LOT longer than people think. It's been the staple luxury car in Korea since the late 90's. These cars retail in Korea for a lot more than $60k in Korea. The same goes for a lot of cars in the Hyundai lineup such as the Sonata and Vera Cruz. Hyundai is willing to take a haircut on cars they sell in the US because they want to increase brand awareness and improve its public perception. And no, it's not a "well it's only a luxury car in Korea" thing. Hyundai understands that it's current angle in generating revenue outside of Korea is an affordable & reliable car ala the Accent, Sonata, Santa Cruz...etc. It's not that they can't make cars that are up to par or exceed the likes of other luxury brands. There are clearly a lot of haters here, but you're probably all too young to remember when Toyota was in exactly the same situation while now you drool over the new IS-F or LFA. It's a long process to change an automakers public perception. This is Hyundai's first phase of at least attempting to break into the luxury sedan market, naturally you're going to run into some resistance from the public, that's expected.

Back
Top Bottom