Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

They should let me trade in like 10-20 ascendant shards for a radiant shard :lol:

Almost to Eris rank 4 and all my energies will be converted. After that I should be about 4-5 upgrade bubbles away from level 32 + I'll have the opportunity to run Crota again tomorrow for even more shards :smokin

They did a good job with it actually. You ever get 5 strange coins from a nightfall? I have. A lot actually. And it makes sense because you get 9 from weekly heroic. Anything less than 9 should be off the loot table. 

They have to pull back hive breaker on the Black Hammer because the White Nail perk doesn't work with it. I'd rather have that instead of the hive disruptor and no White Nail perk.
yea i have gotten like 5 or whatever. but im saying, if they made a change to it to boost it to 9. im 99.9% positive they didn't leave the drop rate for em alone. I'm saying theyve undoubtedly tweaked it to become a more likely option than before. aka... expect 9 coins more often from the nightfall. bungie always screws us over on the backend of their fixes. and i was legitimately asking about the black hammer cuz...i havent been blessed with it yet

They did a good job with it actually. You ever get 5 strange coins from a nightfall? I have. A lot actually. And it makes sense because you get 9 from weekly heroic. Anything less than 9 should be off the loot table. 

They have to pull back hive breaker on the Black Hammer because the White Nail perk doesn't work with it. I'd rather have that instead of the hive disruptor and no White Nail perk.
yea i have gotten like 5 or whatever. but im saying, if they made a change to it to boost it to 9. im 99.9% positive they didn't leave the drop rate for em alone. I'm saying theyve undoubtedly tweaked it to become a more likely option than before. aka... expect 9 coins more often from the nightfall. bungie always screws us over on the backend of their fixes. and i was legitimately asking about the black hammer cuz...i havent been blessed with it yet
It would be so Bungie of them to try to take 5 coins off the loot table only to boost drop rate of 9+ strange coins. It's not right though because if you run the Weekly Heroic it gives you 9 strange coins. Nightfall is a notch above that. Should give you minimum 12 strange coins or other loot.

But yeah, I have a feeling the intention is so people would stop going crazy over only getting less than 9 strange coins for a nightfall.

It would be so Bungie of them to try to take 5 coins off the loot table only to boost drop rate of 9+ strange coins. It's not right though because if you run the Weekly Heroic it gives you 9 strange coins. Nightfall is a notch above that. Should give you minimum 12 strange coins or other loot.

But yeah, I have a feeling the intention is so people would stop going crazy over only getting less than 9 strange coins for a nightfall.
you already know thats what theyre gonna do. just like the "we will make sure purple items from the cryptarch will turn into legendaries more often" thing. they didnt tell us they made it so we'd RARELY get purple items from the cryptarch at all now. (not to mention there is no noticeable difference in purple engrams actually turning into legendaries) so if theyre making it so that we'll get 9+ instead of the occasional 5... just know we'll see 9 A LOT more often now. 

and nah bruh. the intention is to make stretch the game out even more by giving us weapons at an even slower rate, effectively getting them closer to that 10 year goal. the guise/lie/latent function is so that they address our complaints about getting 5 coins. but we're hip to the game by now lol.

you already know thats what theyre gonna do. just like the "we will make sure purple items from the cryptarch will turn into legendaries more often" thing. they didnt tell us they made it so we'd RARELY get purple items from the cryptarch at all now. (not to mention there is no noticeable difference in purple engrams actually turning into legendaries) so if theyre making it so that we'll get 9+ instead of the occasional 5... just know we'll see 9 A LOT more often now. 

and nah bruh. the intention is to make stretch the game out even more by giving us weapons at an even slower rate, effectively getting them closer to that 10 year goal. the guise/lie/latent function is so that they address our complaints about getting 5 coins. but we're hip to the game by now lol.
I dunno, because if they wanted to do that they would drop legendary weapons more often. Aside from Raid Weapons, Legendary Weapons don't appeal to me at all. I have a couple that are good but I've got so many trash Legendary weapons, I'd be pissed if I got them from the damn Nightfall. I'd much rather take the coins or take the engram than get another void Final Rest II or another Payback SOS (I got 4 of each in a row literally). The only weapons that appeal are Raid and Exotics. Everything else is just alright IMO. Look at what the majority of people did with the "Legendary" Xmas gift Bungie gave out. Turned into 2 useless energies for a lot of people. That would make the game stretch out.

I dunno, because if they wanted to do that they would drop legendary weapons more often. Aside from Raid Weapons, Legendary Weapons don't appeal to me at all. I have a couple that are good but I've got so many trash Legendary weapons, I'd be pissed if I got them from the damn Nightfall. I'd much rather take the coins or take the engram than get another void Final Rest II or another Payback SOS (I got 4 of each in a row literally). The only weapons that appeal are Raid and Exotics. Everything else is just alright IMO. Look at what the majority of people did with the "Legendary" Xmas gift Bungie gave out. Turned into 2 useless energies for a lot of people. That would make the game stretch out.

Says the person who got a Vaniquisher from the nightfall smh

Says the person who got a Vaniquisher from the nightfall smh
It's good but it's not all that. Once I get my 331 Timur's Lash, I won't even bother to look at the Vanquisher. It'll sit in my vault along with all my exotics. 
laugh.gif

It's good but it's not all that. Once I get my 331 Timur's Lash, I won't even bother to look at the Vanquisher. It'll sit in my vault along with all my exotics. :lol:

Stop lying, you'll be bringing it along with you along with all your other gear to all the raids, nightfalls, and what not :rofl:

It's good but it's not all that. Once I get my 331 Timur's Lash, I won't even bother to look at the Vanquisher. It'll sit in my vault along with all my exotics. 
laugh.gif
Stop lying, you'll be bringing it along with you along with all your other gear to all the raids, nightfalls, and what not
roll.gif
I've learned my lesson. Run barebones and act like a peasant so RNGesus will bless me with more useless exotics and Legendaries. 
laugh.gif

You guys got t remember, Bungie has a timeline, and they got to follow it. All these updates are slow and annoying, but the game is gotta stretch. Mark of Wolves in March and then nothing to September (rumor Comet).

I don't think its fair to complain about drops in a game entirely based upon randomness. Utimately defeats the purpose of playing. The statisfaction you get from finally get an exotic gun you've been missing > *

This is coming from someone who hasn't gotten anything from a Nightfall in 3 weeks, across 3 characters.. the salt is present, but I will keep playing. :rolleyes

I don't think its fair to complain about drops in a game entirely based upon randomness. Utimately defeats the purpose of playing. The statisfaction you get from finally get an exotic gun you've been missing > *

This is coming from someone who hasn't gotten anything from a Nightfall in 3 weeks, across 3 characters.. the salt is present, but I will keep playing.
eyes.gif
This man knows
nthat.gif

We gotta get you that IceBreaker though
mean.gif

I have never had an exotic drop for me in a nightfall lol

Only 3 or 4 of my exotics were drops. The rest I bought or did the bounty for em.

I can't complain tho cuz I had 2 vex drops in one week and then another one like a week after that.

Ima be happy as hell when I get that exotic drop out the nightfall :smokin idc what it is I'll be happy

This is coming from someone who hasn't gotten anything from a Nightfall in 3 weeks, across 3 characters.. the salt is present, but I will keep playing.
eyes.gif
the thing is...this is not random. its been proven time and time again lol. its like saying pick a name out of the hat, but u have no idea the hat is really your name once, and their name 300 times. thats the strategy bungie is using here. is it random? technically yes. is it really? nah.

Now now @Biggie62, you got your No Land Beyond outside of the Crota raid
grin.gif

@StillJustBlaze I feel you on that. Most of mine I have bought as well. My 3rd character Titan (Other 2 are Warlocks) has more exotic drops than anything.

That is armor though. Weapons are a bit of a different story. I just can't get that damn Suros & Hawkmoon to drop for me. Those are the only 2 I need I believe.

Now now @Biggie62
, you got your No Land Beyond outside of the Crota raid >D

@StillJustBlaze
I feel you on that. Most of mine I have bought as well. My 3rd character Titan (Other 2 are Warlocks) has more exotic drops than anything.

That is armor though. Weapons are a bit of a different story. I just can't get that damn Suros & Hawkmoon to drop for me. Those are the only 2 I need I believe.

And a Red Death if I remember correctly.

Now now @Biggie62, you got your No Land Beyond outside of the Crota raid
grin.gif

@StillJustBlaze I feel you on that. Most of mine I have bought as well. My 3rd character Titan (Other 2 are Warlocks) has more exotic drops than anything.

u need that hawkmoon. and theyve sold the suros and its upgrades bruh you mustve been asleep

the thing is...this is not random. its been proven time and time again lol. its like saying pick a name out of the hat, but u have no idea the hat is really your name once, and their name 300 times. thats the strategy bungie is using here. is it random? technically yes. is it really? nah.

You missed me with this analogy, and when was randomness disproven?

You missed me with this analogy, and when was randomness disproven?

The "randomness" is (IMO at least) unfairly weighted against the player... a better analogy would be a hat full of slips of paper, 3% have what you actually want, or would find useful, whereas the other 97% is more or less junk.

Back
Top Bottom