Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

You missed me with this analogy, and when was randomness disproven?
im saying its loaded. theres no way its random but everyone receives the same weapons over and over and over. thats disproving randomness. Do you know how many blue suros autorifles you me and everyone else has gotten for example? Xurs stock was supposedly "completely random and we have no control over it" but the Ghorn NEVER showed up again after the first time? completely random but 2 weeks ago the entire stock was all DLC items? 

jenniferlawrenceokaythumbup.gif

and the analogy is this... if i tell you something is random, but all of the choices are the same thing...its not really random is it? 

examples:

2 headed coin. If i tell u flip a coin and if its heads i win, you think its random. until you see that both sides are heads. its not really random.

magician: pick a card any card. you pick a random card. you dont know that all the cards are Ace of spades, so it was never random.

name out of a hat; theres 300 names in a hat. you have to pick one to determine a winner. you pick my name "randomly" what u dont know is...i put my name in the hat 299 times. not random,

thats what bungie is doing here. the pools that the "Random" weapons are coming out of...are loaded.
The "randomness" is (IMO at least) unfairly weighted against the player...  a better analogy would be a hat full of slips of paper,  3% have what you actually want, or would find useful, whereas the other 97% is more or less junk.

the thing is...this is not random. its been proven time and time again lol. its like saying pick a name out of the hat,  but u have no idea the hat is really your name once, and their name 300 times. thats the strategy bungie is using here. is it random? technically yes. is it really? nah.
thats the analogy i used tho lol

Last edited:
I just want the Vex to drop. I know everyone loves their G-horns (and don't get me wrong, I want one), but I have the Truth leveled up so gimme the Vex one time RNGesus.

Last edited:
I just want the Vex to drop. I know everyone loves their G-horns (and don't get me wrong, I want one), but I have the Truth leveled up so gimme the Vex one time RNGesus.

I just got mine to drop this week after running idk how many raids :smokin

I almost hope they don't bump it up to 331 because I have mine more than halfway upgraded already :lol: I'll wait to see if the damage cap is raised before I spend an exotic shard maxing it out completely.

I'll never know the sound of the Vex firing off in my hands.  
frown.gif

it sounds so kewl tOo.  pewpew

im saying its loaded. theres no way its random but everyone receives the same weapons over and over and over. thats disproving randomness. Do you know how many blue suros autorifles you me and everyone else has gotten for example? Xurs stock was supposedly "completely random and we have no control over it" but the Ghorn NEVER showed up again after the first time? completely random but 2 weeks ago the entire stock was all DLC items? 

jenniferlawrenceokaythumbup.gif

and the analogy is this... if i tell you something is random, but all of the choices are the same thing...its not really random is it? 

examples:

2 headed coin. If i tell u flip a coin and if its heads i win, you think its random. until you see that both sides are heads. its not really random.
magician: pick a card any card. you pick a random card. you dont know that all the cards are Ace of spades, so it was never random.
name out of a hat; theres 300 names in a hat. you have to pick one to determine a winner. you pick my name "randomly" what u dont know is...i put my name in the hat 299 times. not random,

thats what bungie is doing here. the pools that the "Random" weapons are coming out of...are loaded.

thats the analogy i used tho lol

This is all conjecture, until someone from Bungie leaks their algorithm.

Has Xur ever sold an exotic boots engram?

He won't simply because, there only 2 boots at the moment? :lol:

I just got mine to drop this week after running idk how many raids :smokin

I almost hope they don't bump it up to 331 because I have mine more than halfway upgraded already :lol: I'll wait to see if the damage cap is raised before I spend an exotic shard maxing it out completely.

Besides, you can easily break down that maxed 323 Vex and get 2 shards.. +8 Damage isn't something I am worried about.

I want the Vex and Ballerhorn. I need a crew to run hard mode with. My regular crew seems too shook to try out the hard mode VOG.

Besides, you can easily break down that maxed 323 Vex and get 2 shards.. +8 Damage isn't something I am worried about.

True dat. Yo I didn't know this **** was like the VoC when you fire it. I been pulling R2 nonstop and was getting tired of it so I would switch to an auto rifle or something else. When I realized it had rapid fire I hit that Wee Bey face and the rest is history :lol: :smokin

Really hoping there's solar burn on the nightfall tmrw so I can lay the smack down with this ish :lol:

Last edited:
And a Red Death if I remember correctly.
Oh yea and Red Death. Thanks for reminding me
tired.gif

u need that hawkmoon. and theyve sold the suros and its upgrades bruh you mustve been asleep
Yea about that.....It was during the times when I was running more lone wolf Crucible than anything. I remember everyone bought that gun and spamming it. I was so anti-Suros at first that I purposely didn't buy it, lol. The 2nd time it was sold though....I really have no excuse as to why I didn't buy it
mean.gif

Same can be said for the IceBreaker as well though. That was the first weapon I ever bought from Xur if I remember correctly...back when the struggle was real getting strange coins.

I want the Vex and Ballerhorn. I need a crew to run hard mode with. My regular crew seems too shook to try out the hard mode VOG.

Shook?! ...at this point, the only way to run VoG is hard mode only.

There is probably around 4 or 5 teams in here that constantly run almost every day ...get in where you fit in brah!

My man was firing the Vex like a hand cannon?!
laugh.gif

Hey at least you figured it out though.

Speaking on Tek's point.....if I get anymore Genghis heavy machine guns from heavy blue engrams and gallahad-e and shingen auto rifles
mad.gif

Wright was gettin that work with the Suros, so he passed. :lol:

I don't pass on nuthin, i'll buy anything from Xur ...learned my lesson from not buyin the Ballerhorn, but I didn't buy it b/c I couldn't afford it at the time.

Last edited:
Just got potatoe gun 2.0 last week out of one of those Crota chests. Got the Truth 2.0 15 minutes earlier.
smokin.gif
If this was Jr, I would have choice words for him, but since it is Sr I will
nthat.gif
with you
laugh.gif

We were talking with Quad last Friday about when he broke down your Found Verdict because you guys had the Invective now
roll.gif

Last edited:

Wright was gettin that work with the Suros, so he passed.
laugh.gif
Hearing that damn potato gun non stop had me like **** this gun and refused to be like everyone else and buy it.....fast forward 2 months later
sick.gif
mean.gif
frown.gif
embarassed.gif
I was the exact same way
laugh.gif
Refused to buy it for months. Got it from Atheon like a day after they patched it.

It's still a a beast so either the patch was largely ineffective or it was a goddamn monster before.

Just got potatoe gun 2.0 last week out of one of those Crota chests. Got the Truth 2.0 15 minutes earlier. :smokin

If this was Jr, I would have choice words for him, but since it is Sr I will :nthat: with you :lol:

We were talking with Quad last Friday about when he broke down your Found Verdict because you guys had the Invective now :rofl:  

Wright, Mr. Double Triple himself :lol: ...you know he can't even read NT.

Back
Top Bottom