Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

I'm doing the THORN bounty... at the part where you have to kill XYOR , THE UNWED.... 

will he show up in the weekly heroic? same mission
. When you get to Phogoth you have to wait for 3 spaceships to land the 3rd ship has Xyor on it. Basically kill all the ads keep taking Phogoths health down but don't kill him. Because if you kill him before the final ship Xyor won't appear. Also if you don't take Phogoth s health down the extra ships won't spawn

Been cheering Crota w/ for a few days now, it works but it's al about timing (his kneel).

Tried last night w/ Beige, Chem, Nogurl, High and Bonde, but I had to go. The method we tried (Neogaffers) was slightly different then the one I did with NT last night. We literally beat it in 30secs.

Blame Bungie, not the gamers. Fix your game, or people will continue to expose it. I hope this doesn't become another MW2 though...

It looks 
nthat.gif
 Congrats bro. Hoping something will drop for me tonight when we run. Lately it's been just shards and energies.
Thanks @Zero23

Got it on Crota drop. Now all I need is the Radiant Dance Machines
Did you get anything else drop with the helmet or just the Helmet?

Been cheering Crota w/ for a few days now, it works but it's al about timing (his kneel).

Tried last night w/ Beige, Chem, Nogurl, High and Bonde, but I had to go. The method we tried (Neogaffers) was slightly different then the one I did with NT last night. We literally beat it in 30secs.
30 seconds? what method was that? u cant be talking about the log out cheese. theres no way u can even log out then back in and arrive back in 30 seconds

Beating Crota normal might be easier than trying to cheese him tho.

Our swordsman is OP. He got the radiant dance moves on too. :x

Let's get into the economics of beating Crota as well cause if you arent careful that checkpoint can get real expensive.

If my fireteam can get thru him in one run it costs roughly 2,000 glimmer for two heavy ammo synths.
Any wipes and it costs pretty much 2,000 each time and if the squad wipes 10 times thats 20K. :smh:

Something you guys should keep in mind if you try to beat him the night before Xur rolls thru.

Last edited:
Let's get into the economics of beating Crota as well cause if you arent careful that checkpoint can get real expensive.

If my fireteam can get thru him in one run it costs roughly 2,000 glimmer for two heavy ammo synths.
Any wipes and it costs pretty much 2,000 each time and if the squad wipes 10 times thats 20K.
mean.gif

Something you guys should keep in mind if you try to beat him the night before Xur rolls thru.
I was just telling Zero and Biggie....I don't think I am upgrading anything other weapon/armor. What you have to give up to upgrade it, is entirely too much imo. The only weapon in my vault that I will even consider going forward is my GGhorn. All the others I will take my chances with getting it to drop or from Nightfall again.

I haven't had to buy a heavy ammo synthesis since the DLC hit. We were glimmer farming the week before, so when I would get close to the cap, I would buy 5-10 of them and then just kept farming. I believe Biggie said he has like 100 of them across his 3 characters and vault
sick.gif

I was just telling Zero and Biggie....I don't think I am upgrading anything other weapon/armor. What you have to give up to upgrade it, is entirely too much imo. The only weapon in my vault that I will even consider going forward is my GGhorn. All the others I will take my chances with getting it to drop or from Nightfall again.

I haven't had to buy a heavy ammo synthesis since the DLC hit. We were glimmer farming the week before, so when I would get close to the cap, I would buy 5-10 of them and then just kept farming. I believe Biggie said he has like 100 of them across his 3 characters and vault :x

I had 500 heavy ammo synths before DLC... Im down to 380. :x

It's crazy how Glimmer was pretty much worthless until a couple tweaks in the game has made this one of the most important forms of currency.

I currently have 24 glimmer. :smh: :lol:

Any wipes and it costs pretty much 2,000 each time and if the squad wipes 10 times thats 20K.
mean.gif

I haven't had to buy a heavy ammo synthesis since the DLC hit. We were glimmer farming the week before, so when I would get close to the cap, I would buy 5-10 of them and then just kept farming. I believe Biggie said he has like 100 of them across his 3 characters and vault
sick.gif
F dat, I'm upgrading everything. I can farm glimmer easily. I can't change RNGesus and his BS hex he put on me. My drops have been basura as of late. I can't risk it anymore. I don't remember what it feels like to get a new, exotic weapon drop. 
sick.gif

I
Who says people that have cheesed parts don't know the raid?
imo knowing the concept and actually using it are two different things. If you know what you're supposed to do, but have never done it, the struggle is real. Look at all the people who couldn't do VOG after the fixes and patches.
Disagree I've done both. Im taking the easy shards for now. I beat it already, no need to do all that work weekly. Take advantage of the free ride :smile:

@430AM man the struggle is real with the glimmer now
laugh.gif
mean.gif

You have used a ton of heavy synths!
sick.gif

I never really use my heavy weapons like that, so I normally can make mine last. Pretty much only used for Ogres crossing bridge, shriekers going through room, knights, shriekers, and Deathsinger, and then Ogres and Crota during the last fight. Doesn't hurt that we have 3 GGhorns and 3 Truth and/or Corrective Measure/Thunderlord/Song of Irut going so our rockets normally can last with all of that going on.

I finished the Invective bounty and I forgot that it requires you to buy 50 special ammo synthesis
sick.gif

That ish took me down to like 500 glimmer the other day.
sick.gif

After upgrading some armor and weapons, I have slowly creeped back up to around 4k glimmer or something though.

F dat, I'm upgrading everything. I can farm glimmer easily. I can't change RNGesus and his BS hex he put on me. My drops have been basura as of late. I can't risk it anymore. I don't remember what it feels like to get a new, exotic weapon drop. 
sick.gif
Well yea in your case, you need to get and do everything when you have the chance. I don't know what you did to RNGesus, but he hates you right now. That was proven when you ran the nightfall 3x this week and got 11 strange coins and 7 ascendant shards for your troubles
laugh.gif
sick.gif
mean.gif

Dudes finishing the raid and getting all materials or repeat armor drops with worse stat rolls then their current pieces.

It could also be that @jbc908 never lifted the Based Curse off of you as well though
nerd.gif

Disagree I've done both. Im taking the easy shards for now. I beat it already, no need to do all that work weekly. Take advantage of the free ride :smile:
The only I am ok with because it just seems too damn easy and simple to do is the bridge cheese with a Sunsinger Warlock and using rebirth, reviving everyone and then using a sniper to kill the 2 Ogres.

I'm not down with the Crota Fireteam leader dashboarding and leaving him kneeling, and I haven't seen the chalice one to comment on that one.

I used to always have maxed out glimmer. Now look at me. I can barely afford to upgrade the loot I get
mean.gif

Had to liquidate all my emergency assets. The destiny recession hitting everyone hard. It's real out here on these e-skreets.

F dat, I'm upgrading everything. I can farm glimmer easily. I can't change RNGesus and his BS hex he put on me. My drops have been basura as of late. I can't risk it anymore. I don't remember what it feels like to get a new, exotic weapon drop. :x

Well yea in your case, you need to get and do everything when you have the chance. I don't know what you did to RNGesus, but he hates you right now. That was proven when you ran the nightfall 3x this week and got 11 strange coins and 7 ascendant shards for your troubles :lol: :x :smh:

Dudes finishing the raid and getting all materials or repeat armor drops with worse stat rolls then their current pieces.

It could also be that @jbc908
never lifted the Based Curse off of you as well though :nerd:
Lifetime based curse. :smh:

Last edited:
I need to hold a seminar for you guys. You guys can pay me via Paypal.

Biggie's methods of being constantly plush with glimmer.

I'm sitting on 20k and another 40 or so of those hand ins that give you 200 glimmer :lol:

I'm sitting on 20k and another 40 or so of those hand ins that give you 200 glimmer
laugh.gif
I swear I still don't get it....

You, Zero, and myself in a fireteam.....running the same stuff all night....all popping those glimmer bonus things and on the same cooldowns all the time....

End of the night myself and Zero will have made 5-6k glimmer. Meanwhile Biggie over there talking about he made 15k glimmer, 12 of those Cryptarch turn in things for 200 glimmer a piece to stash, and tons of greens/blues/purple engrams to turn in and break down as well for more glimmer
sick.gif
mean.gif

You withholding a key element in your farming from us and I demand to know it!
Please?
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

I'm sitting on 20k and another 40 or so of those hand ins that give you 200 glimmer
laugh.gif
you probly a dev out here BSing....
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom