Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

Page 1000 :wow:

Mostly everyone not on.

Will be back for Destiny 2 in September.

You guys going to continue with this thread or start a new one?

I got my precious Icebreaker finally. That was the only thing keeping me on weekly.

Will be back for events, but too much to play right now.

I hated on Destiny at first, but once I got into it really after they released it with all of the DLC from the wolves and Oryx I was hooked.

But, a lot if it came from playing with the Xbox fam on here though.

BigJ, Un, JJ, flaking willy, Fleece, starfox, TBC, champion, shotta (in the beginning), then some of Un's crew in the end yo some of the best video game memories :lol:

Also honorable mention to my man Jules aka johnboy with the sparrow racing and defending Destiny until the end.

Once I got through the Oryx raid the first 1 or 2 times and started playing with randoms from LFG was fun too.

But nothing was fun like playing with the bozos on here. Talk about drama, but yo that made it so fun at the same time too because when we all got so good at the raid that we were breezing through it it just became about the gear that was dropping for you.

:rofl: I remember Un not running with us for a while and when he came back and me, fleece, and BigJ were complaining we weren't getting 320 drops and Un was like you dudes can't be serious complaining about getting drops one or two numbers off.

I remember when BigJ finally got that piece he needed to get to 320 and was happy as hell :lol:

JJ always asking about my chick, what she was wearing, what her name was, her measurements, what and where she's from :smh: :lol:

Me and Fleece in the beginning trying to get fools to help us but our light was too low so we had to slow grind until we were decent enough to run with you guys, still wasn't decent though because we were messing up the raid in the beginning.

Then our breakup :lol:

BigJ yelling at me for constantly dying on the platform "are you stand all the way to the back of the platform" yes, "are you ducking and crouching and staying out of sight" yes "are you sure you're killing your knight" yes... :rofl:g wasn't doing nothing I was supposed to I was trying to kill ads in the middle and ignoring everything else.

Yo I remember how hard Oryx was before we started killing the Ogres and knights and the Ogres running all over and us trying to kill them, detonate the ball, and then make it all the way at the top platform where the sisters were.

One of my good achievements though came from the Ogre with the shooting eye before sisters when I was running with a solid group on LFG and learned how to do the titan bubble underneath and not needing anyone to turn the Ogre for me. I think JJ had did it before with a group too and maybe Un but we weren't really doing it like that until I took the lead with it one day and dudes was doubting me but I pulled it off and came through after that that's the only way we did it and the doubters went quiet and I was always the one getting the gaze from that point on even though I wanted to put damage on the Ogre but used to mess up on the countdown :lol:

I also remember the times when before they put in an update that first part after the jumping puzzle where you had to run up and down until your countdown was up and kill the knight up top that they game was buggy and the light or whatever wouldn't transfer over and we would all argue that someone is not doing what they're supposed to until it became known as widespread problem.

Good times, but the game is most fun when you're running with your friends and once that's gone it looses it luster especially if you have mostly everything you want/need and your light level is capped.

Last edited:
I hated on Destiny at first, but once I got into it really after they released it with all of the DLC from the wolves and Oryx I was hooked.

BigJ, Un, JJ, Fleece, starfox, TBC, champion, shotta (in the beginning), then some of Un's crew in the end yo some of the best video game memories :lol:

Once I got through the Oryx raid the first 1 or 2 times and started playing with randoms from LFG was fun too.

But nothing was fun like playing with the bozos on here. Talk about drama, but yo that made it so fun at the same time too because when we all got so good at the raid that we were breezing through it it just became about the gear that was dropping for you.

:rofl: I remember Un not running with us for a while and when he came back and me, fleece, and BigJ were complaining we weren't getting 320 drops and Un was like you dudes can't be serious complaining about getting drops one or two numbers off.

I remember when BigJ finally got that piece he needed to get to 320 and was happy as hell :lol:

JJ always asking about my chick, what she was wearing, what her name was, her measurements, what and where she's from :smh: :lol:

Me and Fleece in the beginning trying to get fools to help us but our light was too low so we had to slow grind until we were decent enough to run with you guys, still wasn't decent though because we were messing up the raid in the beginning.

BigJ yelling at me for constantly dying on the platform "are you stand all the way to the back of the platform" yes, "are you ducking and crouching and staying out of sight" yes "are you sure you're killing your knight" yes... :rofl:g wasn't doing nothing I was supposed to I was trying to kill ads in the middle and ignoring everything else.

Yo I remember how hard Oryx was before we started killing the Ogres and knights and the Ogres running all over and us trying to kill them, detonate the ball, and then make it all the way at the top platform where the sisters were.

One of my good achievements though came from the Ogre with the shooting eye before sisters when I was running with a solid group on LFG and learned how to do the titan bubble underneath and not needing anyone to turn the Ogre for me. I think JJ had did it before with a group too and maybe Un but we weren't really doing it like that until I took the lead with it one day and dudes was doubting me but I pulled it off and came through after that that's the only way we did it and the doubters went quiet and I was always the one getting the gaze from that point on even though I wanted to put damage on the Ogre but used to mess up on the countdown :lol:

I also remember the times when before they put in an update that first part after the jumping puzzle where you had to run up and down until your countdown was up and kill the knight up top that they game was buggy and the light or whatever wouldn't transfer over and we would all argue that someone is not doing what they're supposed to until it became known as widespread problem.

Good times, but the game is most fun when you're running with your friends and once that's gone it looses it luster especially if you have mostly everything you want/need and your light level is capped.

No mention of me and the carry I gave you. You trash b!

BigJ, Un, JJ, Fleece, starfox, TBC, champion, shotta (in the beginning), then some of Un's crew in the end yo some of the best video game memories :lol:

YYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Oh my god how can I forget my main man with the smooth voice over the chat (no mo)

Flaking Willy... added you in the edit :D

Damn I remember those times us meeting up for the 7pm slot and grinding that Oryx raid.

i casually logged on just to try and get Icebreaker which i finally got last night

now my focus is back on FF15 and 2k but ill pop on whenever the next event begins

Bungie announced on their blog  that the latest Destiny  update (version 2.5.0.2 if you’re counting) is only a few weeks away. It’s expected to release in “mid-February,” and is expected to offer changes that will enhance the game’s competitive ecosystem, and improve the meta-game aspects. It’s a major goal, but Bungie seems pretty confident on what they have to deliver.

Here’s what Senior Designer Josh Hamrick had to say about the upcoming update over at the Bungie development blog:
Friends, the time draws near…

Sandbox and Crucible designers have been investigating and updating the competitive ecosystem, and I am proud to say that we are getting very close. Through experimentation and near daily battles to the (digital) death, we have begun to home  in on a set of changes that we believe freshens things up.

Without further ado, I give you our “Fairly Vague Mysterious Overview.”
GOALS:
1. Promote alternatives and counters to Shotguns
2. Align potency of Primary Weapons with surgical changes
3. File down a couple of issues from each class
4. Fix some issues with a sampler platter of Exotics
5. Supporting adjustments to Special Ammunition

We realize you thirst for facts and details. I hope that these snippets of information will at least tide you over until we can tell you more…
As the post teased, an upcoming livestream will be happening soon where Hamrick will answer questions from the chat and detail more about the update. More details on the update, and the upcoming stream, are expected to come next week. After all, the Destiny 2.5.0.2 update is only weeks away as it launches “mid-February.”

Read more at http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...-update-coming-mid-month/#32jJG5O7qUlxLPyJ.99

BigJ, Un, JJ, flaking willy, Fleece, starfox, TBC, champion, shotta (in the beginning), then some of Un's crew in the end yo some of the best video game memories :lol:

No mention of me either smh. So many sparrow races we ran :smh:

No mention of me either smh. So many sparrow races we ran :smh:

Damn bruh I apologize, but I only played sparrow racing in Dec 2015 and don't think I played with you that much.

But, you was still in the Xbox thread trying to defend Destiny with me so check the edit.

Man.

Destiny definitely provided the best gaming experience I have had since Phantasy Star Online on Dreamcast.

I have been trying to replace that experience for YEARS and Destiny finally came through.

First time that I had females in my squad on the regular. And the game literally changed the industry and what we now expect from games. As far as how they can evolve through updates etc.

That game literally transformed. It eventually set the bar high IMO.

And let's not forget about QUAD. :rofl:

The wildest cat I have ever gamed with by far. We literally could have a thread just about him.

Last edited:
Man.

Destiny definitely provided the best gaming experience I have had since Phantasy Star Online on Dreamcast.

I have been trying to replace that experience for YEARS and Destiny finally came through.

First time that I had females in my squad on the regular. And the game literally changed the industry and what we now expect from games. As far as how they can evolve through updates etc.

That game literally transformed. It eventually set the bar high IMO.

And let's not forget about QUAD. :rofl:

The wildest cat I have ever gamed with by far. We literally could have a thread just about him.

Greatest game ever made

I love Destiny too but god damn Y'all think it's that great? I don't disagree or agree, but I didn't think the love was that deep.

Legit , best times of my gaming life. That's up there with when mw2 dropped and I've be on that for 12 hours straight during my summers off school .
Big j going off on fleece for popping a three of coin while we were inside fighting oryx :lol: :rofl:

Low key big j got me nervous we had to do those challenges. I would pray I wouldn't **** up so my name wouldn't be called out . :rofl:

I been getting the itch to play again. I got to 385 and that new raid didn't really call my attention. Plus I be on J is usually on overwatch. you and Willy I rarely catch online when I'm on. So I'm usually on madden and duty .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom