Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

What makes it worse is that literally everyone spent all their time grinding to make sure that THOSE PARTICULAR WEAPONS were at max light level..........and now they're nerfed.

And all the stuff that got buffed from this new patch, no one even bothered to acquire and grind to max light OR it is in their vault and has yet to be grinded to max light level.

Considering how the grind itself is pretty tenous plus the fact that the current content in the game isn't exciting enough to grind for another time AND we are at the final life cycle of the game, a nerf of "this magnitude" was absolutely pointless and it'll further 'cause Bungie to make their core audience virtually extinct before  the Destiny sequel is released.

Unless this weapon balancing patch is part of a "new content update" (which that hasn't been reported yet), this was absolutely ridiculous to do a nerf of this magnitude ESPECIALLY SINCE THIS GAME IS ON THE END OF ITS LIFE CYCLE ALREADY like I stated before.

Total agree. Its a way to artificially stretch out the game by bungie imo.

What also bothers me is the they listen to the community's crybabies.

You guys literally never played an MMO. These sorts of changes are the norm in those sorts of games. You have to learn to accept it.

You guys literally never played an MMO. These sorts of changes are the norm in those sorts of games. You have to learn to accept it.

Exactly. My man on the last page with all the "grinded for X weapon type, while forgetting about Y weapon type"...

That's how this works: Players need to decide what is an intrinsically good piece of gear, outside of any sort of trend (Meta), and hang on to it. Games like Destiny always have 'seasons' for different play styles and gear; adaptation is part of the puzzle/fun.

I'm stoked to be able to dust off my Y2 Braced/Outlaw Nirwen's Mercy, Full-Auto/Rifled Hawksaw, and Adept Doctrine.

Roll with the punches, gentlemen, I'm ready for the Sidearm meta.

Honestly this is my first MMO and possibly the only MMO I play lol.

I'm all for the nerf on shotguns and storm caller melee range...but that special ammo is gonna be lame...I need to grind for icebreaker now

Y'all are acting like MMO players just brush it off with zero complaints when gear gets nerfed :lol:

Nobody willingly gives up their favourite gear.

But the reason why these games live on is the capacity to make players continue to search for gear.

I'm not arguing that this isn't (partly) contrived, but this is a surefire way to keep players playing.

Y'all are acting like MMO players just brush it off with zero complaints when gear gets nerfed :lol:

Nobody willingly gives up their favourite gear.

But the reason why these games live on is the capacity to make players continue to search for gear.

I'm not arguing that this isn't (partly) contrived, but this is a surefire way to keep players playing.

Basically yea. That and also constantly setting the bar higher. It's why I quit WoW when the first expansion came. Made me realize how much of a constant grind it would be. Just wasn't worth it. Now don't get me wrong, the grind in this game is nothing like true MMOs but the mechanic is there.

I played FPSes to some degree always since COD4 but the RPG aspect is what hooked me on this game and it along with the fire team and raid team I was part of kept me going. I was honestly about to put the game down that week if I didn't find a fire team who then got me to raid that same week and it's been 2.5 years since. The raiding is what hooked me in WoW as well but 40 man raids were just something else. Too much going on and there was way too much carrying of dead weight back then.

Planet Destiny's list of weapons that might represent "the new meta" after patch

Hint:  We're returning to the vanilla Destiny meta (minus Shotguns)..........Grim Citizen and Spare Change will be the meta again (as well as the Suros Regime and possibly Red Death)

I may have to retract my previous statement about this patch.  I think I feel better now knowing that the patch seems to be reverting everything back to the Vanilla Destiny days.  Instead of the "high ROF/low impact" spam that I've been seeing for the past year and a 1/2, we're balancing everything back to putting "impact damage" as top priority instead of "rate of fire."

Last edited:
Greatest surprise ever from today's patch

THE TRUTH GOT BUFFED

roll.gif

And oh yeah, it seems the Hawksaw wasn't affected badly from the pulse rifle nerf in comparison to the "Mandatory" (Clever) Dragon and the Grasp of Malok............"god roll" Hawksaw is back on top for pulses again.

Last edited:
3 days after playing with this new patch, the auto rifle buff didn't do jack**** for a lot of the auto rifles.

Shadow Price with the right roll (Rangefinger, Perfect Balance, Hidden Hand) is probably the one of the most decent "non-Raid, non-Faction" Legendary Auto Rifle in PvP thanks to the patch.  Grim Citizen can work here too, but Shadow Price has a better base Aim Assist in comparison to Grim.

Genesis Chain is obviously the best "mid-ROF" auto rifle in the game, and that is the only mid-ROF auto that benefited from the patch.

Suros still can't do ****, and I thought the patch was suppose to help that gun return to glory
mean.gif

Doctrines, Arminius, Unbent, Assembly II, Soulstealer Claw, those high-ROF autos are still the best autos in the game.

As for pulses, there is definitely no flinch perks from any of the pulse rifles now.  That being said, Clever & Grasp got screwed over in the patch.  If you miss one crit shot with either of these guns, you're done PERIOD.

In terms of pulses, "god-roll, pre-Rise Of Iron" Hawksaw will eventually be the new pulse meta.  If you end up with a Blind Pardition, B-29, PDX-45, or Aegis that has the same perk roll as the "god-roll Hawksaw," you are basically set in terms of the pulse meta.

Supposedly Parthian Shot has a better time-to-kill than the Hawksaw-type pulses now, but the Aim Assist is so bad that a Hawksaw will still out-gun a Parthian Shot at least 95% of the time.  In terms of the same pulse-archtype, you would really need a "god-roll" Spare Change pulse rifle to actually stick to this pulse archtype BUT Spare's Aim Assist with god-roll perks still can't compete with a god-roll Hawksaw.

Speaking of which, the Hand Cannon meta seems to be back in full force EXCEPT for the Thorn (eat-a-**** Thorn lovers
tongue.gif
).  If you got the vendor Palindrome, use it to your heart's content.  And you can go crazy with The Last Word too
nthat.gif

As for the special weapons, sidearms are the new meta UNTIL they nerf the sidearms ammo in PvP like the nerfed all the other special ammo.  Wormwood is the most preferred UNLESS you wanna sacrifice your exotic slot for Trespasser .

I hear people *****ing about the Truth having its magazine size decreased to 1, but frankly it does nothing to me.  I only fire my heavy at least once at a time, so I can deal having to reload after every heavy usage (even with the slow reload speed).  I've been using the Truth since year 1, so I can deal with all of its flaws........the slow reload is nothing to me.  The Truth got a buff in terms of blast radius though, so I'll take that over normal magazine size.

So TL,DR summary of what I wrote, god-roll Hawksaw is the pulse meta still, high ROF autos are still the auto meta, Hand Cannons seem to be the top primary meta, Side Arms are the top special meta until a potential nerf, and Heavy & Scout Rifles had nothing done to it (minus the Truth).

I guess my critique is wrong, apparently the people at Planet Destiny think the Suros Regime is the OP auto-rifle again

Back
Top Bottom