Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

Bros tell me what guns I'm supposed to use in crucible. Using year 1 stuff and getting destroyed. I'm so lost
laugh.gif
Right now I'm rockin with the year 3 MIDA . I don't have a special weapon that I stick with. I switch between various shotguns and snipers. 

Last edited:
Annnnnnnd, after not being able to solve the stupid boss, clearing for the first time tonight; we went back through on Alts, proc'd all of the monitors, killed ol' boy and got the exotic quest to begin.

Today was a good day :smokin

Good job man. I've been seeing you guys constantly on and working on that too!

My normal group is slacking. We got to the zambonie boss and had to stop due to light levels being too low. Kinda sucks cause I wanna get this done but we as a clan/group of friends don't wanna complete it separately. Hopefully this coming reset.

And trials!!! Leggo!!!! Lemme know if u need a 3rd today I'll be on

Good job man. I've been seeing you guys constantly on and working on that too!

My normal group is slacking. We got to the zambonie boss and had to stop due to light levels being too low. Kinda sucks cause I wanna get this done but we as a clan/group of friends don't wanna complete it separately. Hopefully this coming reset.

And trials!!! Leggo!!!! Lemme know if u need a 3rd today I'll be on

Yo! I've saw you on but noticed you hadn't really been running it. I totally understand that, about finishing it with your clan, but we realized that we had one too many that just couldn't handle things and needed some subs. It was crazy, we subbed out one dude, and the guy that came in (friend of another in the group), had never done phase 2 before... I explained the thing to him (took 10 minutes lol) and we beat it on the SECOND try?!? Sometimes, your clan needs to admit, 'who are the weakest players', then you can get them in one-by-one; having them in at the same time is just too heavy a load right now. Let Zealot, Averagee or myself know if you need one and we can help out.

Trials, baby!!!

@iHustle No worries about the invite. When I messaged you, I was getting frustrated with how easy this fight was and how things weren't working out, so I just wanted to get it over with and saw you had spots :lol:

Still need to find a group to beat the boss and do the monitors :frown:

Dude, this encounter is different, you can't hide anyone, even more so than Kings Fall.

If you're on PS4, shoot me a message and I can help out if needed.

The fact that you can't hide weak players and it requires a massive amount of communication makes this raid super fun. Especially the zamboni and last phase of the last boss.

VoG and Crota allowed one to hide players easily when given the right assignment.

On another note TMT officially has a full squad with the new pulse. Should be fun to try it out on the bosses. It was pretty beastly in the NF.

The fact that you can't hide weak players and it requires a massive amount of communication makes this raid super fun. Especially the zamboni and last phase of the last boss.

VoG and Crota allowed one to hide players easily when given the right assignment.

On another note TMT officially has a full squad with the new pulse. Should be fun to try it out on the bosses. It was pretty beastly in the NF.

100%. I told a buddy of mine who was clearly carrying 1.5 people in our regular raid group (reference: his boss damage was equal to 3 other people's cumulatively :x), that if we ever get a solid 6, we'll beat the whole raid in 45 minutes... If we didn't stop to do the monitors, I clocked us getting to the final boss at 38 minutes :smokin

Bros tell me what guns I'm supposed to use in crucible. Using year 1 stuff and getting destroyed. I'm so lost :lol:

Grab the Palindrome from the Crucible Quartermaster. It's probably one of the best vendor weapons available for PVP. Since this current meta just added more shotgun users cause of the sniper nerf, if you still have shotguns from Y1 such as Felwinter or Matador, you're still good. Just reroll if you don't have godly rolls.

Grab the Palindrome from the Crucible Quartermaster. It's probably one of the best vendor weapons available for PVP. Since this current meta just added more shotgun users cause of the sniper nerf, if you still have shotguns from Y1 such as Felwinter or Matador, you're still good. Just reroll if you don't have godly rolls.
That sniper nerf has more to do with the new Supremacy game mode than the actual statistic nerf themselves..............you can't thrive off of just sniping in Supremacy, and the fact that Iron Banner will be Supremacy means the shotties are back in town.

That sniper nerf has more to do with the new Supremacy game mode than the actual statistic nerf themselves..............you can't thrive off of just sniping in Supremacy, and the fact that Iron Banner will be Supremacy means the shotties are back in town.

:smh:

Ran trials today as soon as it opened up got to 8-0 then lost 2 straight....I guess this will be a long year of trials :smh:

First Trials card, didn't use the mercy. I guess all of the try-hards were burned out from playing at 1pm today because things were pretty smooth. Played through and got the sweet Cat emblem as well. The new Adept Pulse looks really dope, can't wait to perk it out and see what's up.

Huge camp fest with this map, and the heavy spawn is so unbalanced... Weird choice for the first week of Trials, IMO.

First Trials card, didn't use the mercy. I guess all of the try-hards were burned out from playing at 1pm today because things were pretty smooth. Played through and got the sweet Cat emblem as well. The new Adept Pulse looks really dope, can't wait to perk it out and see what's up.

Huge camp fest with this map, and the heavy spawn is so unbalanced... Weird choice for the first week of Trials, IMO.

This map is aids lol. Glad to see u 3 got flawless though. I tried yesterday with zealot and Andrew but it was early so all the try hards were still on.

Heard the pulse is legit though

This map is aids lol. Glad to see u 3 got flawless though. I tried yesterday with zealot and Andrew but it was early so all the try hards were still on.

Heard the pulse is legit though

Yeah, it's not bad at all. The scope is very "unintrusive", the customizability is something I'm really into; you can opt for max stability at the cost of range, or a more balanced set up with Smooth Ballistics and HLS. And I've been searching for a Hawksaw with High Calibre Rounds for a few months, so this will do just fine.

Tried most of the day yesterday but couldnt get over the 7 win hump.

The super-building artifact is almost a necessity. 

Tried most of the day yesterday but couldnt get over the 7 win hump.

The super-building artifact is almost a necessity. 

Yup. I didn't realize how necessary it was going to be. I also think it means that, you MUST have at least one person running a super that cancels roaming supers (Fist/Tether/Nova).

The boys should be on tonight, you should hit them up (you too evoxr1 evoxr1 )! I know Averagee wants to keep playing; he was super salty last night as both Zealot and I got the new "beyond-flawless" emblem to drop and he didn't haha!

Every trials i ran last night i made it to 8 wins then lost 4 straight. The super try hards make it feel so hopeless... :smh: :lol:

havent ran trials yet since im only 2 weeks back into the game after throwing it in the trash before crota hard mode even came out. still on phase 2 of aksis and man some people are just terrible. i dont understand how people cant follow simple instructions and just stand where they need to stand. lfg noobs are the worst. will say this tho, 365+ light is needed for sure if not you get caught in a siva swarm and you dead.

havent ran trials yet since im only 2 weeks back into the game after throwing it in the trash before crota hard mode even came out. still on phase 2 of aksis and man some people are just terrible. i dont understand how people cant follow simple instructions and just stand where they need to stand. lfg noobs are the worst. will say this tho, 365+ light is needed for sure if not you get caught in a siva swarm and you dead.

Nah we carried a friend of mine through the raid and he was 349, he probably died like 3 times of phase 2 in 4 runs

Met a random yesterday while doing Challenge of Elders, and he recognized my NikeTalk clan tag.

If that random happens to be a lurker and/or NT member that didn't realize we have a Destiny group, shout out to you my man

Sunday Night Trials was really, really tough this week. Took us 3 cards to get it done, with multiple 5-4 matches. But we made it, and I got that dope Hunter helm and a third Ornament for the week. Now I need to decide which character to focus my efforts on to complete the set (leaning toward Hunter, but Warlock is my Main).

A little disappointed that there isn't a separate set of Armor for Flawless winners, but I understand the Ornaments are meant to provide distinction.

Still looking for the Hand Cannon, but so far, the Trials look great and are fun to use :smokin

Back
Top Bottom