Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

OK so I looked up the challenge.... Each member in the fire team has to hold the gaze once during the damage cycle

From: http://gamerant.com/destiny-beat-golgoroth-challenge-easy/undefined since we do the 1 Orb Strategy
"Although Bungie had previously said that players could not use the one orb strategy for this Golgoroth challenge, that apparently is not true. The one orb strategy is still viable, but it requires some slight variations.

Essentially, what fireteams need to do is preform the one orb strategy as they normally would – e.g. grab gaze, jump into the pool of reclaimed light, damage Golgoroth, and jump out – but then have a new player grab gaze before the first timer runs out. After that, each team member will need to grab gaze until all six have had it at least once during that “cycle.” Once completed, clear the next wave of enemies and repeat that same process."

We essentially need to do a 2 corners thing (split into 2 teams of 3 and get in line) where we have a set order of getting gaze for each run.
so we get the gaze from the front left before the timer ends, someone needs to grab the gaze from where we distract him. before that timer ends, someone needs to get the gaze from the original gaze spot (front left).

For example, since we do front left orb 1st.....

a. Putting In Work distracts and stays in the back right, Fleece gets the Gaze, 4 of us jump in and shoot the ogre.
b. As the timer ends, PIW gets the gaze and the 4 jumps out. 2 (flakin willy and hitman) going to PIW's size. 2 (tb and me) going to Fleece's side.
c. As PIW's timer ends, TB on Fleece's side gets gaze.... as timer runs out, Flakin Willy gets PIW's side's gaze
d. As TB's timer ends, hitman gets the gaze.
e. As hitman's timer runs out, I get the gaze.

Kill the ads, pop the orb and repeat until he dies.
One thing we do in the beginning is the person distracting so the actual taunter can get the gaze can actually pull the gaze and run around to the back then jump towards the bubble. Knocks one hold out and also makes it easier for taunter to get the gaze.

I usually pull gaze then shade step towards the rocks. Everyone starts to drop the bubble at this point. Then taunter pulls gaze and DPS happens. The whole time I'm running towards the DPS pool. By the time I make it there, they already DPS'ing and I'm joining/clearing thralls.

OK so I looked up the challenge.... Each member in the fire team has to hold the gaze once during the damage cycle

From: http://gamerant.com/destiny-beat-golgoroth-challenge-easy/undefined since we do the 1 Orb Strategy

"Although Bungie had previously said that players could not use the one orb strategy for this Golgoroth challenge, that apparently is not true. The one orb strategy is still viable, but it requires some slight variations.

Essentially, what fireteams need to do is preform the one orb strategy as they normally would – e.g. grab gaze, jump into the pool of reclaimed light, damage Golgoroth, and jump out – but then have a new player grab gaze before the first timer runs out. After that, each team member will need to grab gaze until all six have had it at least once during that “cycle.” Once completed, clear the next wave of enemies and repeat that same process."

We essentially need to do a 2 corners thing (split into 2 teams of 3 and get in line) where we have a set order of getting gaze for each run.

so we get the gaze from the front left before the timer ends, someone needs to grab the gaze from where we distract him. before that timer ends, someone needs to get the gaze from the original gaze spot (front left).

a. Putting In Work distracts and stays in the back right, Fleece gets the Gaze, 4 of us jump in and shoot the ogre.

b. As the timer ends, PIW gets the gaze and the 4 jumps out. 2 (flakin willy and hitman) going to PIW's size. 2 (tb and me) going to Fleece's side.

c. As PIW's timer ends, TB on Fleece's side gets gaze.... as timer runs out, Flakin Willy gets PIW's side's gaze

One thing we do in the beginning is the person distracting so the actual taunter can get the gaze can actually pull the gaze and run around to the back then jump towards the bubble. Knocks one hold out and also makes it easier for taunter to get the gaze.

I usually pull gaze then shade step towards the rocks. Everyone starts to drop the bubble at this point. Then taunter pulls gaze and DPS happens. The whole time I'm running towards the DPS pool. By the time I make it there, they already DPS'ing and I'm joining/clearing thralls.

We had a LFG dude do that and it seemed solid for sure as some of the projectiles explode as it chases us but fleece was more comfy the way he does it. Just trying to keep it simple I guess.
Is there a penalty or issue with others helping to shoot the projectiles since we won't be in the pool after the initial part?

We had a LFG dude do that and it seemed solid for sure as some of the projectiles explode as it chases us but fleece was more comfy the way he does it. Just trying to keep it simple I guess.
Is there a penalty or issue with others helping to shoot the projectiles since we won't be in the pool after the initial part?
None whatsoever. Its actually encouraged while passing gazes around to help shoot the orbs and the other side of the fireteam clear the cursed thrall in the pit while the gaze is being passed back and forth. I stay mid top after DPS phase and shoot both cursed thrall and orbs and help out as much as you can. I'm always worried about the enrage timer so this way it saves some time. We also had some issues where I couldn't aggro him even though I was shooting him and it delayed the gaze so this way much easier. We actually were doing this before challenge mode even began. 

Haven't been on here in a while forgot nt had a destiny community. So y'all did this weeks challenge yet. Actually I find it to be the least annoying. As I hate having the aura during the warpriest fight.

jump out of the water. go to PIW's corner. Wait your turn to shoot the tan area on his neck. Kill the orbs he shoots at you.

Best to use a heavy Machine gun. And make sure you have a clear line of sight to his chest aka crit spot. The orbs come from there. Easy to line em up and take them out with a heavy.

Also make sure you help the 6 man to get gaze. he can be bombed sometimes since he sends 2x as many at that man. I usually make my group surround the 6 man. And help.

If it's a strong group and number 6 can handle himself or herself. we drop another orb and DPS again.

jump out of the water. go to PIW's corner. Wait your turn to shoot the tan area on his neck. Kill the orbs he shoots at you.

Best to use a heavy Machine gun. And make sure you have a clear line of sight to his chest aka crit spot. The orbs come from there. Easy to line em up and take them out with a heavy.
Also make sure you help the 6 man to get gaze. he can be bombed sometimes since he sends 2x as many at that man. I usually make my group surround the 6 man. And help.
If it's a strong group and number 6 can handle himself or herself. we drop another orb and DPS again.

thanks for the input... I was thinking (if we get our system good) that we could get an extra orb to make up for the damage loss of not having 5 in the water by getting the 2nd gazer (PIW for the example above) to work on the orb while he waits his turn to get gaze. That way, the 2nd orb would be down when he got gaze and 2 (or 3) of us could hop over into the "puddle" and do damage while the 2nd gazer has the gaze. That would cut down the amount of times we have to cycle and help avoid enrage.

thanks for the input... I was thinking (if we get our system good) that we could get an extra orb to make up for the damage loss of not having 5 in the water by getting the 2nd gazer (PIW for the example above) to work on the orb while he waits his turn to get gaze. That way, the 2nd orb would be down when he got gaze and 2 (or 3) of us could hop over into the "puddle" and do damage while the 2nd gazer has the gaze. That would cut down the amount of times we have to cycle and help avoid enrage.

Yea that could work too. Shoot the next orb where 6 is going to be as 5 gets gaze. U don't have to do the secound drop if DPS is good Like if everyone has 319-320 spindals.

Also ur weakest sniper should be gaze 1.

You lose 2 people on first drop sadly. Number 2 gets out early usually as a hunter I'm number 2 I shoot teather and get out. And get ready. (Only if we have a team of good snipers will I take 2). And another gets that dang unstable light so you lose that person. Sometimes u get lucky and the light takes a while.

Usually I raid with my group but we are all semi retired.
so I pretty much play as a hired gun now on LFG xboxone. My Nike talk name is the same as my xbox gamer tag. But between the gym and life I get on around 8-9 pm most nights

Last edited:

Yea that could work too. Shoot the next orb where 6 is going to be as 5 gets gaze. U don't have to do the secound drop if DPS is good Like if everyone has 319-320 spindals.

Also ur weakest sniper should be gaze 1.

You lose 2 people on first drop sadly. Number 2 gets out early usually as a hunter I'm number 2 I shoot teather and get out. And get ready. (Only if we have a team of good snipers will I take 2). And another gets that dang unstable light so you lose that person. Sometimes u get lucky and the light takes a while.

Usually I raid with my group but we are all semi retired.
so I pretty much play as a hired gun now on LFG xboxone. My Nike talk name is the same as my xbox gamer tag. But between the gym and life I get on around 8-9 pm most nights

I'm thinking we will do 2 orbs consecutively then just do gaze for the rest of the sequence. That way we can help number 6 and have all of the hard work done for the round. And you are more than welcome to play if you should have rolled with us instead of LFG :D

I may ib tonight I wanna see how the ju ju I got 310 works out. I'm down but again not on till 8-9 after the gym.

Feel free to ad me tho

Nike talk name same as gamer tag name on Xbox one

I'm thinking we will do 2 orbs consecutively then just do gaze for the rest of the sequence. That way we can help number 6 and have all of the hard work done for the round. And you are more than welcome to play if you should have rolled with us instead of LFG :D

Another strat you can try:

DPS on the First and Last gaze holders. Once the 5th holder grabs the gaze, the others are clearing the pit and taking down the final orb from the pit. There should be 4 shooting at Golgoroth on the last phase, with the 5th managing thrall (tethers/Saint 14 bubbles/Radiance with Solar grenades help with this). If everything goes smoothly you should be able to knock it out in 2 phases, or 2.5 if Light Levels aren't 315+.

DPS on the First and Last gaze holders. Once the 5th holder grabs the gaze, the others are clearing the pit and taking down the final orb from the pit. There should be 4 shooting at Golgoroth on the last phase, with the 5th managing thrall (tethers/Saint 14 bubbles/Radiance with Solar grenades help with this). If everything goes smoothly you should be able to knock it out in 2 phases, or 2.5 if Light Levels aren't 315+.
Or in our struggle squad case. 4 times

Thanks for the input. I think we will see what's good and try a few things which work for us.

And championboyz7 championboyz7 we ain't struggling that had no more but we gotta get you to get your level up. You the only one sub 310 now :lol:

Thanks for the input. I think we will see what's good and try a few things which work for us.

And championboyz7 championboyz7 we ain't struggling that had no more but we gotta get you to get your level up. You the only one sub 310 now :lol:

I would say for us to really try tomorrow since you won't have limited time online.

I would say for us to really try tomorrow since you won't have limited time online.
I'm down for tomorrow but we gotta do it a bit earlier than 730 . I'll be lit around that time already :lol: or well do it Friday

I'm down for tomorrow but we gotta do it a bit earlier than 730 . I'll be lit around that time already :lol: or well do it Friday

Me and breakfast club are off tomorrow so we can definitely play early. I'm just gonna do some IB tonight.
I think this ogre thing won't be hard BUT getting our routine down will take a bit.

Me and breakfast club are off tomorrow so we can definitely play early. I'm just gonna do some IB tonight.
I think this ogre thing won't be hard BUT getting our routine down will take a bit.
I'm off work as well so if I'm online either send an invite or shout everyone out here

Back
Top Bottom