Despite Obama "Why Some Americans Don't Have Reason to Celebrate"

people are entitled to their opinions. i can respect that when it's valid. if someone hates gay people or colored folks because they just want to orbecause your religion tells you to, then they need a major reality check.

our country really did show it's true colors this week. i'm more than happy we have a BI-RACIAL president-elect, but this supposed forward directionthe US is supposed to be heading, is not as fast as all of this talk has made it out to be. gay couples got hosed. how can you dictate two peoples' lovefor each other??? that is just so wrong. it's not even about being gay. it's about two people who love each other making that next step in theirrelationship. we may as well have that law virginia banned about interracial marriages.

on a side note, check this out: http://www.sturasmussen.com
i believe he got elected too. on one note, this is a positive thing, but our state as a whole doesn't support gay marriage either. makes you wonder.

until it is proven and IT IS NOT that homosexuality is an inherent trait...please stop this comparing it to civil rights.

good lord. ppl lost their lives and families were murdered and they have the nerve to compare it liking someone of the same sex
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Lazy B

You choose to be gay, you can't choose your phenotype.
Oh and just to be clear, you're wrong. I won't argue with you on the point, because I know you're certainly not an authority, but torepeat: you're wrong.

moving on.

Originally Posted by haiti5

until it is proven and IT IS NOT that homosexuality is an inherent trait...please stop this comparing it to civil rights.

good lord. ppl lost their lives and families were murdered and they have the nerve to compare it liking someone of the same sex
laugh.gif

Until it's proven? Any psychologist, developmentalist, or scientist period that values their scientific integrity will tell you that it's almostcertain that it's an inherent trait.

You're argument is the same as the one presented as recently as 50 years ago that Blacks were a genetically inferior race to whites, asians, and latinos,and you still dont see the similarities in the civil rights issues here?
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

You can hide your sexual orientation
If that's the case, go a year without showing your sexual orientation (straight is an orientation, too). No love relationships with women, noadmiring women, don't even tell women that they look good. Report back to NT if you think this is a good way to live.

OT, but does anyone know the DNA science behind bi-curious individuals?

Originally Posted by Nako XL

For the love of God, stop comparing gay rights movement to the Civil Rights movement of the 60s. It's insulting.

You can hide your sexual orientation, I can't hide my race.

Apples and Oranges. The comparison is probably an additional reason why the Gay community does not get as much support from the AA community as they would like. I'm sitting here thinking "are you serious?".
The point is you shouldn't have to hide your sexual orientation.
how about it shouldn't be any of my business whats your sexual preference is.

Originally Posted by Untitled

For the love of God, stop comparing gay rights movement to the Civil Rights movement of the 60s. It's insulting.

Apples and Oranges. The comparison is probably an additional reason why the Gay community does not get as much support from the AA community as they would like. I'm sitting here thinking "are you serious?".

Then why care if gays get married if it's "NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS"???

Wow, one of the most ignorant things I've read on Niketalk. I feel sorry for you and your feeble, narrow mind. Log off and get an education.

Giving rights to chickens? That's almost as crazy as saying that someone is "born gay."

This EXACTLY like the civil rights movement. Gay people are being oppressed just like blacks and minorities were in the 60's.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
and
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
at all you cats trying to distance yourself from it. If you don't seeit you are either a homophobe or just plain stupid, or both in most cases. How are you better than a racist or bigot if you are trying to prejudiciously diminish the well-being of another group of people? Isn't that the definition or racism? Funny how almost all of yousupport Obama, who's campaign mantra was "Change." Y'all are hypocrites.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by vrp32tl

i care about how society will normalize homosexuality...i can care less what another man wants to do with another man.

i care about having my kids growing up and potentially seeing homosexuality as "normal" as being left handed.

you don't use the law to normalize something that i feel is immoral and down right not normal...not because of what to grown people wanna do on their sparetime, but that last thing

i'll let my kids do is grow up in a world thinking that engaging in homosexual acts is a normal is "hmmm feeling like a hamburger today or somepizza." cuz frankly thats what the real issue is.

Originally Posted by mondayC

You can hide your sexual orientation
If that's the case, go a year without showing your sexual orientation (straight is an orientation, too). No love relationships with women, no admiring women, don't even tell women that they look good. Report back to NT if you think this is a good way to live.

OT, but does anyone know the DNA science behind bi-curious individuals?
It has a lot to do with the development of the brain in the womb and its chemistry. The brains of most homosexual infants are visibly differentto those of "straight" infants and respond differently to different stimuli. There are still studies being done, but that evidence alone defeats thewhole "they choose to be gay" theory the less informed keep harping on about.

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

regardless, a black man walks in a room and everyone can see he's black

a gay man walks in the room, noone can see that hes gay.

with that being said tho, its a shame that people voted to take people's rights away, but voted to give chickens more rights.

i didnt say human rights, because, truthfully, marriage is a notion invented by MAN....

all they want are the same rights a heterosexual couple receive from the government...

that doesnt mean it's right, it doesn't mean it's a good old fashioned church marriage....

they just want the rights.

its sickening that people voted to take RIGHTS away from another group of people...

truthfully, they shouldn't have voted on this...

imagine if they voted on the Brown Vs. The Board of Education....

(and it's funny because im a huge opponent of the the gay struggle/black struggle comparisons)
What if the Black man is only 1/2 or 3/4 black but has all the features of his white ancestial family members? He's as Black as you and I butnot to the naked eye (unless of course we're quantifying the notion of Black now). I have a 1st cousin who's father is a black Nigerian and whose momis white and jewish, and he has blonde hair and blue eyes and looks like Macauley Caulkin. he's black but you wouldn't know.

And what about a transgendered gay man. You'd know he was at least "not straight" before he even made it to the door, let alone got in the roomand started speaking.

You guys can't paint everything in white and Black. that's the problem. and that's why you keep trying to draw lines between "us" and"them".

Originally Posted by TheTrapezeSwinger

This EXACTLY like the civil rights movement. Gay people are being oppressed just like blacks and minorities were in the 60's.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
and
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
at all you cats trying to distance yourself from it. If you don't see it you are either a homophobe or just plain stupid, or both in most cases. How are you better than a racist or bigot if you are trying to prejudiciously diminish the well-being of another group of people? Isn't that the definition or racism? Funny how almost all of you support Obama, who's campaign mantra was "Change." Y'all are hypocrites.
indifferent.gif

No its not once again, they should have the right to marry, but if they want to garner support from the black community they need to find a different approach.The two are not comparable in any way and it is insulting to say so. Its the fault of the gay community for not finding different ways to reach out to theblack community rather than expecting to inherit the black vote. Other black presidential candidates and Hillary Clinton came in with that attitude and got nowhere near where Barack Obama is now.

Wow, one of the most ignorant things I've read on Niketalk. I feel sorry for you and your feeble, narrow mind. Log off and get an education.
Wait wait, so Lazy B. Animals have no freedom and free choice as people do right? Atleast that's what all religions teach. So why is thereproof that there are homosexual animals in the world. Want proof? Look up gay penguins in Central Park Zoo NYC. Hey they don't have a conscious, freechoice, or anything else that people have been saying that makes people above animals. Please just stop being ignorant. It's a taboo, it's a taboofor me too, but growing up in NYC most of my life I learned to accept it, and I think everyone else should learn to do it too.

vrp32tl wrote:

Nako XL wrote:

i care about how society will normalize homosexuality...i can care less what another man wants to do with another man.

i care about having my kids growing up and potentially seeing homosexuality as "normal" as being left handed.

you don't use the law to normalize something that i feel is immoral and down right not normal...not because of what to grown people wanna do on their spare time, but that last thing

i'll let my kids do is grow up in a world thinking that engaging in homosexual acts is a normal is "hmmm feeling like a hamburger today or some pizza." cuz frankly thats what the real issue is.

So by oppressing this prop you think it will stop your child from being homosexual?

Originally Posted by vrp32tl

you don't use the law to normalize something that i feel is immoral and down right not normal...not because of what to grown people wanna do on their spare time, but that last thing

i'll let my kids do is grow up in a world thinking that engaging in homosexual acts is a normal is "hmmm feeling like a hamburger today or some pizza." cuz frankly thats what the real issue is.

i'm sure you don't even know why that statement is hilarious
smh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
and
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
at all you cats trying to distance yourself from it. If you don't see it you are either a homophobe or just plain stupid, or both in most cases. How are you better than a racist or bigot if you are trying to prejudiciously diminish the well-being of another group of people? Isn't that the definition or racism? Funny how almost all of you support Obama, who's campaign mantra was "Change." Y'all are hypocrites.
indifferent.gif
have you ever seen a water fountain that says "Gays Only"? how many times have gays been hosed by the Fire Department? are gay kids notallowed to go to school with straight kids?

GTF.OH
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

you don't use the law to normalize something that i feel is immoral and down right not normal...
You serious with that?

The law "normalizing" something that many people felt was "immoral and down right not normal" is the reason why you can't be turneddown for a job because of your skin color, why you can't be refused service at a restaurant because of your skin color, and why you can go to whateverschool you choose, regardless of your skin color.

Moving on from the stupidity...

Again, I ask everyone who insists on bringing up the argument "I can't hide that I'm black, but gay people can hide that they're gay"...

Would you hide your skin color if you could?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
and
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
don't ever disrespect our black struggle with that nonsense!

28482.jpg

i shed tears of joy the night obama is a a president of a country that once condoned this amount of violence a group of people THAT NEVER had a choice ofthey're skin color, and frankly DIDN'T HAVE A CHOICE ON COMING TO THIS COUNTRY IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!
mad.gif

we were SLAUGHTERED LIKE ANIMALS FOR YEARS JUST BECAUSE OF OUR SKIN COLOR!!

WE WERE BOUGHT AND SOLD LIKE PIECES OF PROPERTY, OUR WOMEN AND KIDS WERE RAPED, AND OUR FAMILES DECIMATED TO WORK ONPLANTATIONS IN THE MOST HAYNESS AND HARSHEST OF ELEMENTS!!!!

and gay people have THE AUDACITY to compare our STRUGGLE and PAIN to some they're INCONVENIENCES!

NO ONE IS GOING TO GAY PEOPLE'S HOMES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT AND LYNCHING THEM FOR BEING WHO THEY ARE AND BURNINGTHEIR FAMILES AND HOUSES!!

*sigh*

if gay people want ANY traction on that they wanna do..stop riding the coat tails of the civil movement. your PERSONALLY spitting in the face of everyafrican/black/minority that walks this nation when you compare gay marriage to the black struggle.

Im not getting into this argument for the umpteenth time on NT...

No one is going to change their mind on here, many willingly choose to be ignorant.

I refuse to argue about this with people who say they would beat their children to near death if they find out they were gay.

Pure ignorance and filth.

Back
Top Bottom