*| | Denim _ School | |*

Anyone going to order Gustin's Kevlar denim?

24oz @ $245

a0cdcf183375b82a261e89ad37561492.jpg

Brah, if those look like women's jeans that is one big *** woman. They just look carrot-like when unworn due to the extra taper. I consider myself a denim head, but none of the jeans I've considered had elastane. If you fluctuate in weight or there isn't a good cut for your body type, I would go with the elastane. I'm not really seeing the warped knees, the Nudies look like they were recently washed. They do look like a somewhat slim fitting cut due to the lack of long inner thigh creases. Those Gustin kevlars are interesting but I would rather buy something from Japan at that price despite it being one of the few kevlar jeans out there. Denim soup right there.

Ya got any good websites to buy decently priced distressed denim ? Any help is appreciated?

I always swear by Hollister, Abercrombie, and American Eagle if you're looking for pre-distressed denim at decent value. I've never been a big proponent of spending large amounts of money on clothing, most notably jeans, that looks like it has already be used or worn. I know most like to dismiss the the quality of these brands but if you're going for a distressed look at a reasonable price that shouldn't matter much anyway. After all, it's mainly the look you're set on.

With all that being said, nothing beats distressing your own denim in my opinion. I've gotten pretty good at it and I don't see myself buying pre-distressed ever again. I gave new life to a pair of my daughter's old jeans by doing a little DIY distressing and she loves 'em and rocks 'em like crazy!

Last edited:
Been looking to cop a pair of Evisu's for a minute. If I'm gonna drop some serious coin on some denim then I want y'all to see what I'm rocking.

:lol: hope you're not srs.

Btw, picked these j. crew out for $43 when I got a 30% off code. Never wore J. Crew denim but the wash and price was worth the try.

I always swear by Hollister, Abercrombie, and American Eagle if you're looking for pre-distressed denim at decent value. I've never big a proponent of spending large amounts of money on clothing, most notably jeans, that looks like it has already be used or worn. I know most like to dismiss the the quality of these brands but if you're going for a distressed look at a reasonable price that shouldn't matter much anyway. After all, it's mainly the look you're set on.

With all that being said, nothing beats distressing you own denim in my opinion. I've gotten pretty good at it and I don't see myself buying pre-distressed ever again. A gave new life to a pair of my daughter's old jeans by doing a little DIY distressing and she loves 'em and rocks 'em like crazy!
thanks for the info ,I'd love to be able to distress my own jeans just don't wanna mess them up,I actually was looking at some American eagle didn't look too bad I'll check those other brands u mentioned.thanks again my guy.

I always swear by Hollister, Abercrombie, and American Eagle if you're looking for pre-distressed denim at decent value. I've never big a proponent of spending large amounts of money on clothing, most notably jeans, that looks like it has already be used or worn. I know most like to dismiss the the quality of these brands but if you're going for a distressed look at a reasonable price that shouldn't matter much anyway. After all, it's mainly the look you're set on.

With all that being said, nothing beats distressing you own denim in my opinion. I've gotten pretty good at it and I don't see myself buying pre-distressed ever again. A gave new life to a pair of my daughter's old jeans by doing a little DIY distressing and she loves 'em and rocks 'em like crazy!
thanks for the info ,I'd love to be able to distress my own jeans just don't wanna mess them up,I actually was looking at some American eagle didn't look too bad I'll check those other brands u mentioned.thanks again my guy.

...and the clearance jean section on American Eagle online is absolute gold if you're looking for distressed denim for a little or nothing. Like I mentioned, try not to get too caught up in the brand. It's just the look you're going for.

Nothing beats the look of well worn raws. I've worn raws for 8 years and never bought non raws again. The only limitation with this is lack of denim rotation if you are only buying a max of 1-2 jeans a year (which I do). Japan has quality denim on lock down.

Nothing beats the look of well worn raws. I've worn raws for 8 years and never bought non raws again. The only limitation with this is lack of denim rotation if you are only buying a max of 1-2 jeans a year (which I do). Japan has quality denim on lock down.

u starch or go above and beyond

Currently working on mine as well. Do you notice any change in feel? I know they just turn buttery over time.

I know Nudies are softer and thinner than the conventional raw denim, but they are comfy to me.
Knees and calves looked warped, and that waistband is all saggy. Look like my girl's old pair of jeggings.
I guess if something stretches after wearing they're not tight...
Might just be the pic or how i hung them from the waist band on the cupboard but they're pretty loose when I'm wearing them. ill post a fit pic later

What are you guys' opinions on elastane stretch denim? Being a self-proclaimed denim purist I'm not too sure how feel about it myself. It appears to be the trend though and I'm finding that more jeans than not have this material. I tried on some super stretchy jeans last week and I might as well should have been wearing spandex. Needless to say I didn't make the purchase.
Coincidentally, I just recieved a pair of Lee 101 Rider on Friday. 12 oz 98% Cotton / 2% Elastane. I was definitely iffy on the Elastane since my previous pair of Lee 101 S were 100% Cotton. (Both pair are selvage). Needless to say, I really like them and wore them everyday since. 

You're located in NYC? Hit up Self Edge or Blue In Green, they have a much better selection of denim..

Yea, not in the city but a 40 min train ride so I go when I can, will do thanks for help, I saw these acnes there but didn't buy due to the price tag

If you were impressed at barney's prepare to possibly be blown away at self edge/blue in green. I don't think you will have seen so many shades of dark denim in one place.

Nordstrom Rack has Nudie Thinn Finn denim for $59.97 online.

Also a great deal on some Zanerobe low blow denim in a light wash... $30 !! If you're into that drop crotch look size 30 and 32 available.

Nordstrom Rack has Nudie Thinn Finn denim for $59.97 online.

Also a great deal on some Zanerobe low blow denim in a light wash... $30 !! If you're into that drop crotch look size 30 and 32 available.

All trash cuts and styles, hence the price drop.

Anyone have experience with alterations at AB fits?
I feel like a lot of these denim alteration spots don't understand how sneakerheads like to wear denim and try to push towards a style that works for boots

Just wondering if they are the same

Last edited:
never had alterations done there but just come with your measurements, not much they can say from there.

Where can I find some good light ripped denim? I was looking at embellish.. but sizing has me worried... 

any thoughts guys?

Paid $10 for some Unbranded Navy Chinos at NR.

They're 31/Skinny. A little tight in the top block, but hopefully they'll stretch out.

No other sizes (I asked).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom