*| | Denim _ School | |*

DonRafa DonRafa The fit is looking great on those Oni's.

I am curious as to why you had them tailored first then pre-soak? My thought process would be to get all the shrinkage out first then have them altered.

DonRafa DonRafa The fit is looking great on those Oni's.

I am curious as to why you had them tailored first then pre-soak? My thought process would be to get all the shrinkage out first then have them altered.

thanks man! thats the way I would recommend people to do it, soak first then tailor. But I'm impairment as hell and just wanted to get em done. I got them in from Denimio and shipped them out to railcar the next day. I was pretty confident in my measurements and added 1/4" to account for shrinkage and it worked out well

Does anyone own a pair of acne ace stay cash? Did you go your true waist size and can you comment on the fading? Thanks.
got the max stay cash and i had to size up for my thighs. waist has stretched a bit IMO and i think i may have dry cleaned them when i first got em 6 months ago but haven't washed mine yet. no fades thus far and fabric is still as black as the night. 

Thanks bro. Looking for a black pair of denim that holds the color for a long period of time after a ton of wear.

got the max stay cash and i had to size up for my thighs. waist has stretched a bit IMO and i think i may have dry cleaned them when i first got em 6 months ago but haven't washed mine yet. no fades thus far and fabric is still as black as the night. 

Anybody have experience with Pure Blue Japan XX-012s?

I got a pair, but dunno what number. The material is heavier than most of the denims I‘ve had, so it may take a while. Granted I haven‘t worn it much and its more of a perfect slim fit for me.

The pics I‘ve seem are amazing, but think they are one of the few pairs that continuously fade and look better with time due to the dye they use.

Did you buy a pair?

What are you guys' opinions on elastane stretch denim? Being a self-proclaimed denim purist I'm not too sure how feel about it myself. It appears to be the trend though and I'm finding that more jeans than not have this material. I tried on some super stretchy jeans last week and I might as well should have been wearing spandex. Needless to say I didn't make the purchase.

What are you guys' opinions on elastane stretch denim? Being a self-proclaimed denim purist I'm not too sure how feel about it myself. It appears to be the trend though and I'm finding that more jeans than not have this material. I tried on some super stretchy jeans last week and I might as well should have been wearing spandex. Needless to say I didn't make the purchase.

I have Raws and I have some denim with elastane it's a nice change of pace cause it's comfy

It's really comfortable honestly. Most of mine don't have it but it isn't something I consciously avoid.

I've also tried on pairs that were so tight they looked painted on

Last edited:
My nudies after 6 months , 2 soaks 

Funny enough these are elastane, incredibly comfortable compared to a pure selvedge.

On a hot summer day, 2% elastase comes in handy.
This i have some jbrand's that are 2% elastane and they are absurdly comfortable. Feels like i am wearing nothing at all...

:lol: love that episode

only stretch denim I've tried were Levi's commuters and they were pretty damn comfortable

Funny enough these are elastane, incredibly comfortable compared to a pure selvedge.

Currently working on mine as well. Do you notice any change in feel? I know they just turn buttery over time.

I know Nudies are softer and thinner than the conventional raw denim, but they are comfy to me.

Last edited:

I would consider myself a denim purist but haven't been interested nor purchased denim with elastane. I guess it could help with the longevity of the denim or help if your weight fluctuates.

These look like women's jeans. I would never wear jeans that aren't 100% cotton. If there's elastane they're too tight, but that's just my opinion.

Been looking to cop a pair of Evisu's for a minute. If I'm gonna drop some serious coin on some denim then I want y'all to see what I'm rocking.

Back
Top Bottom