*| | Denim _ School | |*

Yeah, got their Cast 2 Scarab wash and getting their Spring wash in soon.

They're good quality but run a bit on the skinny side. Specific questions?
Was wondering if they are worth the price point versus other options around the same price and just comfort I guess?
Yes. Have a pair of Cast Coasts from the last release. Tapered them down to a 6" opening.
Do you happen to remember what the opening was originally before you tapered them?

Yeah, got their Cast 2 Scarab wash and getting their Spring wash in soon.

They're good quality but run a bit on the skinny side. Specific questions?
Was wondering if they are worth the price point versus other options around the same price and just comfort I guess?
Yes. Have a pair of Cast Coasts from the last release. Tapered them down to a 6" opening.
Do you happen to remember what the opening was originally before you tapered them?

It was a 6.5 before I tapered it down. The calf area was a little loose for my liking. I've heard that the new releases like the Spring wash are comparable to SLP denim, or on par with them -- but I wouldn't know.

I scooped my Casts off of Grailed for $175, though.

I would say yes, the wash is amazing in person and the stretch makes them really comfortable and not restrictive. Also I think a few guys that use to design and/or curate from Fabric Brand helped design them.

Got my Oni 517s back from Railcar and I gotta say they did an amazing job. Whole process took about a week and half, from the day I shipped, since I opted for the rush service. I had them tapered from the top down adjusting the thigh, knee and leg opening and their work is nice and clean. Would never know that they were altered. Definitely happy with the way they came out and will definitely be using their services again, top notch.

I sent them in when they were new (and raw) so they're soaking now, so here are some pics pre soak

I'll post some pics post soak tomorrow

Might give into railcar.

The day I find someone in Ohio willing to work with flat felled seams will be one of the happiest of my life

Got my Oni 517s back from Railcar and I gotta say they did an amazing job. Whole process took about a week and half, from the day I shipped, since I opted for the rush service. I had them tapered from the top down adjusting the thigh, knee and leg opening and their work is nice and clean. Would never know that they were altered. Definitely happy with the way they came out and will definitely be using their services again, top notch.

I sent them in when they were new (and raw) so they're soaking now, so here are some pics pre soak

I'm contemplating buying these slim fit RRL jeans and sending them to Railar to get tapered to a 7 inch leg opening as opposed to the 8 inch they currently have for my size 33. Does Railcar work with pre distressed denim and how much did you end up paying all together?

how did you know what measurements to give them? did you base it off some other jeans you own?

i have some RRL Slims and they are a little too big for my liking, Railcar seems like a legitimate option to getting them altered.

boxdok boxdok I'm sure they would. I'd shoot them an email just to make sure, though. Tapering service is $55 plus $5 return shipping, plus what it cost you to ship them. I'm impatient so I spent an extra $20 for rush service. So I spent $80, which is kinda pricey but I would have had to take them to a local tailor to get tapered then to self edge to redo the chainstitched hem. this was less of headache and the work is great

mynameaintg mynameaintg took a pair that I have that fits perfect and followed their measuring guide

couple pics post soak today, pretty happy with the result. gonna try to wear these into the group

Anybody have any good leads to denim for bigger dudes. Don't want my jeans swallowing my kicks so no NT denim please lol

What's your budget? What do you mean by bigger dude? I seen some true straight 42 with 9.5" opening.

couple pics post soak today, pretty happy with the result. gonna try to wear these into the group

Those fit great dude.... I wear the 512s and they're breaking in really nicely.. Those SF hills are so beneficial :smokin

Last edited:
newgodflow newgodflow thanks man! I was nervous about sending them in to railcar, kept wondering if I messed up the measurements :lol: but they came out just the way I wanted. Can't wait to break them in a bit, might take them on a bike ride just to loosen them up

i thought u are not supposed to soak denim till.after a few months

depends on if its sanforized or unsanforized. sanforized has been preshrunk at the factory, unsanforized has not. so with the initial soak you get an idea of the true fit

Thanks.

What size do you recommend if I'm a 32 waist in regular denim?
I'm a 32 as well and grabbed a 28 but I wish I grabbed a 29... The regular 512 is loosely woven so it has some stretch to it. I would measure for your thighs most importantly though.

Back
Top Bottom