*| | Denim _ School | |*

Just bought my first light wash pair as well

has anyone ever just soaked their crotch on their denim ? my apc's have the whiskers going but the jeans aren't ready for a wash as a whole but at the same time I'm trying to avoid a crotch blow out

has anyone ever just soaked their crotch on their denim ? my apc's have the whiskers going but the jeans aren't ready for a wash as a whole but at the same time I'm trying to avoid a crotch blow out
IMO and IME soaking is basically trying to give your pair a clean but with out draining too much dye from it.  

Are you asking if you should just soak that area?  The reason why you may be seeing whiskers is because they are tighter in that area.  It won't blow out unless they are really that tight.

IMO and IME soaking is basically trying to give your pair a clean but with out draining too much dye from it.  

Are you asking if you should just soak that area?  The reason why you may be seeing whiskers is because they are tighter in that area.  It won't blow out unless they are really that tight.
Yeah. last pair i i blew right through the crotch mostly because i waited to long to wash them (16 months) wanted to see if soaking them after a couple months would prevent that from happening again 

Yeah. last pair i i blew right through the crotch mostly because i waited to long to wash them (16 months) wanted to see if soaking them after a couple months would prevent that from happening again 
I have a pair of APC - New Standard but fell out of the rotation lol.  They weren't tight, but more of a relaxed fit.

I don't think soaking will do anything.   Denim will only stretch as you wear.  Washing won't shrink the elasticity or stretching (wear/tear).

NR in Roseville, CA had a pair of Unbranded 201s for $35 (size 29). I would have bought them if they were 30 or 31.

Last edited:
Anybody have any good leads to denim for bigger dudes. Don't want my jeans swallowing my kicks so no NT denim please lol

Any good leads for us guys that have a big butt and big thighs due to working out? But want a tapered look from the knee down, I don't like when my jeans swallow my kicks.

All I have are Levi's for jeans, and would like to upgrade to better quality denim. I got 4 pairs of them in different fits; two 508, one 514 and one 505. I like the fit of the 514 and 508, but hate the fit from the knee down and they have big leg openings in the bottom.

Seems like NR is the move when it comes to finding good deals on the better known name brands of denim. :nerd:

I usually size up 1-2 on skinny fit jeans or just buy a regular fit and get them tapered by tailor. My waist is 31 but I wear 33 because of my *** and thighs :lol:

Last edited:
Thierry Henry Thierry Henry getting a pair tailored is gonna be the best way to go. find a pair that fits you good in the waist and thighs and get them tapered.

I usually go to a local tailor, cost about $30. I just sent a pair in to railcar to try them out. I'll post results when I get them back

Back
Top Bottom