*| | Denim _ School | |*

Has anybody ever gotten some nice fades on colored selvege denim? I got a pair of burgundy joints I'm working on. Eager to see how they turn out.

Last edited:
Anyone know how to take a grass stain out without having to wash the jeans?

Last edited:
^ those are all good options but can get hella pricey, and most people looking to enter the denim game may not wanna break the bank quite yet lol. Tellason seems like the new heir to the entry level throne. Solid selection of fits, great quality, and not obnoxiously over priced. Japan Blue is also up there with decent priced all around good denim. Blue owl carries both those brands and can do free hemming as well. Not trying to disqualify your point lol since I'm all for making the investment, but its taken me about 2 years into denim to be able to finally wrap my mind around copping a nearly $300 pair lol. Got some bread set aside for some Momos come next fall
tongue.gif
I wanted a pair of momo "going to battle" the ones witht he 2 white stripes but momo dont make a cut that I like. wish they made a going to battle cut with a 7" leg opening for a waist 30. im done with my 3sixteen and going for a pair of japan blue next.

For those sites that offer the free hemming do jeans with a tapered cut essentially get messed up by the hemm and lose the taper?

3sixteen is having a contest to see who can get the best fades in their denim over a year. I think it starts soon. Winners determined by panel of judges. Prizes were pretty awesome. Think I saw it on reddit.

I already have too many pairs in my rotation right now, but I don't really care about breaking them in normally like a huge denim guy. I'm probably going to put them all on hold though and try it when this competition starts. I've wanted a pair of 3sixteens and think it could be cool. We should have our own NT contest :pimp:

Last edited:

For those sites that offer the free hemming do jeans with a tapered cut essentially get messed up by the hemm and lose the taper?
depends on how the jeans were cut.

I had my 3sixteen hemmed at blueowl and the taper wasnt ruined. but some jeans may be ruined if the taper ends early.

thats funny because i was just looking to purchase the jb0206 and getting them hemmed from 38 to 32 
sick.gif

i never had a pair of japan blue so im not sure.... im thinking about pulling the trigger though for my pair.
38? I thought they where all 35 in length? 

I already have too many pairs in my rotation right now, but I don't really care about breaking them in normally like a huge denim guy. I'm probably going to put them all on hold though and try it when this competition starts. I've wanted a pair of 3sixteens and think it could be cool. We should have our own NT contest :pimp:

I'm doing the competition you should do it too. Will be cool to see other people's progress through a year. Here's more information below. Looks like there are still some details being worked out which is good because its not starting just yet. I signed up to receive updates and will look into buying a pair of their denim soon. I think they hem them for you also.

^reddit thread

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1e6r5D-95bwlTkaInE6CAsesr-l4nwiml-aKIR8cna90/viewform
^sign up for updates about competition

I'm doing the competition you should do it too. Will be cool to see other people's progress through a year. Here's more information below. Looks like there are still some details being worked out which is good because its not starting just yet. I signed up to receive updates and will look into buying a pair of their denim soon. I think they hem them for you also.

^reddit thread

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1e6r5D-95bwlTkaInE6CAsesr-l4nwiml-aKIR8cna90/viewform
^sign up for updates about competition

Signed up for the updates. Good looks :pimp:

Any nice black denim for around 150? Readily available and not sulfur dyed. My unbrandeds suck.

Damn the 3sixteen contest is gonna be with 120s. I was really hoping for something other than the shadow selvedge.

Just got my Prps in and gonna have to send em back... The tapered fit is just too tight around my calves

What's good, I have a pair of Baldwin "The Henley".
I bought them 10/29/2013 and have not washed them, they are starting to smell like life.
Am I going to have to wash them?

What's good, I have a pair of Baldwin "The Henley".
I bought them 10/29/2013 and have not washed them, they are starting to smell like life.
Am I going to have to wash them?

If it bothers you that much give them a soak. Otherwise, just hold out as long as you can.

Last edited:
PRPS VS APCWhich should I go with? 1st pair of raws. I'm looking for a regular/slim fit with a little taper below the knee.

Back
Top Bottom