Delivery Driver Cries After Being Tipped $1 For Hour Delivery

In a situation like this as a man you vent by learning from your mistakes, you vent by never doing something like this again, you vent by getting a new hustle. You don’t vent by crying like a baby on camera in the hopes of gaining sympathy from the public. Once again…….UNACCEPTABLE.

I’ll cry on camera if my child is born, or if I lost a loved one, but ain’t purposely gone record myself crying about my job.

funny thing is, I KNOW this ain’t his first time getting a $1 tip. After one day and seeing how uber and doordash is, I’d never.

I’d rather sell weed.

Man, doordash and uber eats is basically GAS money. My cousin worked like 5 hours and made $80. But with gas and how distance those drives were, she netted like $50. It ain’t worth the aggravation

What I do like about uber eats is it gives you the option of tipping AFTER delivery. I don't give out tips all willy nilly. Some of these delivery people don't care and will leave your food on the ground or make u walk in the rain to get it from their car.

Dudes gotta find better jobs. People are too soft nowadays. I once had a low paying job that exploited my labor. I damn sure didn’t make a video crying like a baby, I grinded and worked hard for a better job. People too soft and want attention nowadays. I get it that times are hard but give me a break.

that man’s ancestors worked for FREE and he crying

Cold truth but hes venting, what kinda reactions or sympathy he gets isnt in his control. Im all for venting, letting it out however feels right. Maybe its wrong, but if it helps you then do it.

True, there are probably hundreds of videos with the same gripes. This one just got traction and became "viral". I personally wouldn't donate to his gofundme if one was made but hundreds of others will, I still empathize with him and all others who are in situations like this at the moment.

I’m basically saying people don’t care out here :lol:lol
Oh for sure. Ive encountered some funny customers.

The one that pisses me off the most is when the house numbers arent visible from the street. Blocked by a bush or a dark number on a dark house. I get annoyed and just pick a house. I had 1 where i called the person and asked which was their house cuz i couldnt make out the house numbers. Was expecting a sensible person, you know "the one with the ___ in the driveway" or something.

Nope. With mad attitude too... "251 is the one that says 251..."

Oh ya? Say less. Sat back in the car let the timer run til i cancelled the order.

The only way that’ll happen is if people stop taking these jobs, and for everyone of these stories, there’s a bartenders and waitress that can make racks over the weekend.
That sounds good, what about these people? It’s not all equal. “The only eat that’ll change” arguments seems to always fall on the people and not the people on top. Tax them to death or have them pay livable wages

That sounds good, what about these people? It’s not all equal. “The only eat that’ll change” arguments seems to always fall on the people and not the people on top. Tax them to death or have them pay livable wages
No one want to face it but that’s where the problem is at. A Pastor once told me, “M***** F***** gon do, what m***** F***** allow..”. If people stop taking these jobs, would the top be not forced to make changes in order to keep their business going?

No one want to face it but that’s where the problem is at. A Pastor once told me, “M***** F***** gon do, what m***** F***** allow..”. If people stop taking these jobs, would the top be not forced to make changes in order to keep their business going?
Again, why is it on the people and not the people at the top? Funny a pastor told you that when it’s their job to swindle people out their paycheck with “promises” while also dodging taxes

In a situation like this as a man you vent by learning from your mistakes, you vent by never doing something like this again, you vent by getting a new hustle. You don’t vent by crying like a baby on camera in the hopes of gaining sympathy from the public. Once again…….UNACCEPTABLE.

All im saying is you dont know what people go through, what situation they are in so I could never judge someone for that. He can vent however he wants. Just cause you doing it the “manly” way doesnt make someone else less of a man.

For every $4 trip that i decline, there are easily 5 people on bikes thatll accept it.

I might be in a position where its extra $ for me when i have time, but not everyone is in that position. Peoples circumstances differ and they still have bills to be paid

california failed to pass a law giving these workers more rights.

its on the consumer now to boycott these apps if they feel strongly enough

Uber, Lyft and doordash spent the most in history for a non elected campaign to defeat it.
They bamboozled voters and their own drivers into voting against it. Consumer advocates couldn’t compete with the misinformation being put out there.
They had drivers saying that if it passed they would lose their jobs and Uber would leave the state.
Typical threats companies make when governments want to regulate businesses.

But the Uber game didn’t choose them, they chose the Uber game. I get it circumstances. Circumstances are alway why people rob and steal. Judge ain’t hearing that ****. In America at least.

All im saying is you dont know what people go through, what situation they are in so I could never judge someone for that. He can vent however he wants. Just cause you doing it the “manly” way doesnt make someone else less of a man.

What are you talking about?? I already know what he is going through as you pointed out because he VOLUNTARILY posted a video of him crying about a lousy tip for the world to see. You might not judge from your standpoint and that’s fine……but if anyone posts a video crying, particularly a black man I’m damn sure going to judge……and judge harshly at that.

He posted a video to gain attention, that’s why he did what he did….on some “oh please feel sympathy for me”. He doesn’t deserve sympathy……he deserves a foot in his *** for his actions.

People seem to missing the fact that these drivers aren't employees, they are private contractors. Were they employees they would be making minimum wage at least. But as private contractors they have the ability to earn more than minimum wage(or less) and work on their own time and schedule. Thats the tradeoff.

On another note, some of yall seem very demanding and entitled with your $2 tips with people that are handling your food. I'd make it a point to treat those people very well.

But as private contractors they have the ability to earn more than minimum wage(or less) and work on their own time and schedule. Thats the tradeoff.

I don't think anybody is missing any facts here other than this:

It's very well-documented (especially here in California) that this idea of earning more than minimum wage is completely misleading and bogus.

Uber, Lyft, etc spent an obscene amount of money during the last election cycle trying to convince people that this "tradeoff" was legitimate. It is not.

Labeling people as independent contractors was key in allowing Uber to continue to treat drivers like gardening tools- no benefits, low pay, not getting fare share of tips.... the list is quite long.

As independent contractors drivers aren't entitled to something a regular employee would be entitled to while working for a given company.

I don't use food delivery apps at all and have deleted my uber account entirely. I just can't in good conscience support their business model.

Again, why is it on the people and not the people at the top? Funny a pastor told you that when it’s their job to swindle people out their paycheck with “promises” while also dodging taxes
Why isn’t it to the people at the top to choose our President? Why isn’t it up to the people at the top to stop resellers? That’s the way life works. Btw the Pastor’s name was Troy. :lol: :lol:

Maybe this guy dont have an outlet to cry to, maybe hes THAT frustrated. Aint nothing wrong with venting online. Its 2021, this whole idea of “im a man, just take it on the chin” needs to go. Yes he can and should work on bettering his situation, but he has every right to show some emotion in a way that makes him feel like someones listening.
:lol: Sorry, but Nah.

Back
Top Bottom