Delivery Driver Cries After Being Tipped $1 For Hour Delivery

I was looking into uber cause I was curious about how are they still operating considering that they keep saying it's not profitable and saw that after expenses, the company makes only $0.19 per transaction. Now, while I feel sorry for the drivers and I personally tip based on how quickly they deliver my food, Uber eats and these other food delivering platforms seem to be a freelance type gig. It's not meant to provide you with a consistent sustainable income. Some days are gonna be good and some good be bad. if you're a driver and work in one of the major cities, it seems you'll do better than someone who's working out of the boonies. And even then, you may still struggle.
Dudes gotta find better jobs. People are too soft nowadays. I once had a low paying job that exploited my labor. I damn sure didn’t make a video crying like a baby, I grinded and worked hard for a better job. People too soft and want attention nowadays. I get it that times are hard but give me a break.

I was looking into uber cause I was curious about how are they still operating considering that they keep saying it's not profitable and saw that after expenses, the company makes only $0.19 per transaction. Now, while I feel sorry for the drivers and I personally tip based on how quickly they deliver my food, Uber eats and these other food delivering platforms seem to be a freelance type gig. It's not meant to provide you with a consistent sustainable income. Some days are gonna be good and some are going to be bad. It seems that if you're a driver and work in one of the major cities, it seems you'll do better than someone who's working out of the boonies. And even then, you may still struggle.
Its good for some side income. Depending on the days, where you are, surge pricing it can be profitable to do it for a few hrs where youd otherwise be doing nothing else. I used to also use the destination feature during my commute or if i was heading somewhere on the other side of the city. Id leave a bit earlier and pick up people along the way, basically covering my gas and then a little pocket money just getting to where i had to be.

There was a time you could pull in 2.5-3k a week if you put in work but those days are long gone.

This industry shouldn't exist, or at least on the level it does. Idk why it has so many customers or employees. Pick up your own food if you're too cheap to tip well and don't work a job without a guaranteed pay then complain. 🤷🏽‍♂️

People are just lazy. My girl be using doordash and getting $4 worth of Steak and Shake from 20 miles away and tipping $2. Half the time the seal is broken on her food. I get the flexibility and freedom vs a "normal" job, but I can't imagine how that is adding up well f

I thought about the driving/delivering gig work things before, but I drive an SUV so 18mpg already is going to put a dent in my earning then I saw this video. Mans live in San Fran, one of the more expensive places to live in the US, and just went out and made $60 in an 5 hours, that's 12 dollars.

But then there's also this video

Dudes gotta find better jobs. People are too soft nowadays. I once had a low paying job that exploited my labor. I damn sure didn’t make a video crying like a baby, I grinded and worked hard for a better job. People too soft and want attention nowadays. I get it that times are hard but give me a break.
Not everyones circumstances are the same...

These apps exploit workers.

Uber reports "loses" for tax benefits. They know how to play the game. They made sure a law in Cali wasn't passed so they could screw over their drivers.

These apps charge a delivery fee on top of a service fee. Why are we paying more on top of that? Tips should be completely optional.

The real question is what is a delivery fee for if it isn't paying drivers. The company already gets paid from the service fees, often above 11%. Then on top of that, they charge the restaurants.

Arent there mileage limits for food delivery? I can't just have random sh delivered to me from the next state over :nerd:

yes, let’s ignore the fact that the huge surge in Uber Eats drivers rose from the pandemic and lack of jobs for an entire year. I’m sure they aspired to be driving around hours and hours a day with no benefits :stoneface:

These apps charge a delivery fee on top of a service fee. Why are we paying more on top of that? Tips should be completely optional.

The real question is what is a delivery fee for if it isn't paying drivers. The company already gets paid from the service fees, often above 11%. Then on top of that, they charge the restaurants.

Yea some of the delivery fees are absurd :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Uber should just charge more for delivery and pass the increase (10%?) onto the drivers, less pressure to tip and more base baked into the price.

I agree with most points said.

-Why take the trip when the rate was already detailed.
-Pick up your food if you don't want to tip or have the seal of your food open.
-The fees system is all out of whack.

Crying and putting it on the web purely for public sympathy doesn't sit right with me at all.

Improve yourself to improve your wealth.

Hopefully he's doing what he can do to improve his situation but if that's the case, just keep your head down and work.
Exactly. This is what I was trying to say. People will do anything for likes and attention on social media.

Isnt their a labor shortage these days?
Now would be the best time to get another jobif possible for dude.
Some companies are raising the pay rates to attract workers as well. Dont know dudes situation, but hope he can level up.

Crying and putting it on the web purely for public sympathy doesn't sit right with me at all.

Improve yourself to improve your wealth.

Hopefully he's doing what he can do to improve his situation but if that's the case, just keep your head down and work.

Maybe this guy dont have an outlet to cry to, maybe hes THAT frustrated. Aint nothing wrong with venting online. Its 2021, this whole idea of “im a man, just take it on the chin” needs to go. Yes he can and should work on bettering his situation, but he has every right to show some emotion in a way that makes him feel like someones listening.

Maybe this guy dont have an outlet to cry to, maybe hes THAT frustrated. Aint nothing wrong with venting online. Its 2021, this whole idea of “im a man, just take it on the chin” needs to go. Yes he can and should work on bettering his situation, but he has every right to show some emotion in a way that makes him feel like someones listening.

You're entitled to your option and I'm entitled to mine.

Crying and looking for sympathy on the internet from strangers is pitiful to me. 🤷🏾‍♂️

The TikToker goes on to claim that in addition to his $1 tip, he made $2 from the delivery app. As he puts it, that’s not even enough to cover gas.

I always love how these convos attack the non-tippers vs. The actually employer.

Never fails.

mjcry21-1.png

Back
Top Bottom