Delete

Apparently Cam Johnson's made a great impression to the point where he has a good shot to make the team. Problem with that is we would be keeping five outside linebackers on the team. When a reporter asked Harbaugh if we can keep five outside linebackers when we have only ever kept three, he said:

"After tonight, the way Cam Johnson played, heck yeah we can. We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want!"

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
I love it!!

just providing an update was all. 
Nah I know, I'm just curious if he walked away or got waived first.
SAN DIEGO - A week after he was signed by the 49ers, nine-year veteran quarterback Seneca Wallace  told head coach Jim Harbaugh  he planned to retire Thursday morning and he didn't travel with the team to its 41-6 win over the Chargers  in the preseason finale.

http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/Wallace-s-stay-with-49ers-ends-4773728.php

UGH

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archi...ffle-lamichael-james-has-a-sprained-knee.html

LaMichael James has a sprained knee

Running back LaMichael James sprained the medial collateral ligament in his left knee in Thursday night's preseason finale against the Chargers, according to a league source. James went to the sideline and iced the left knee during the rest of the first half. The injury is believed to be a Grade 2 sprain, which typically requires three or four weeks of recovery. The 49ers have not given a time line for his return. James was seen limping after the game.

James was the team's No. 2 running back behind Frank Gore throughout the offseason as Kendall Hunter rehabilitated from an Achilles' injury suffered late last season. James had 24 carries for 55 yards and a 2.3-yard average during the preseason. Hunter is back and started Thursday's game at tailback.

James was inactive for the first 12 games of his rookie season last year. However, he gave the team a spark following Hunter's injury. He averaged 4.6 yards a carry in the final four regular-season games and 5.9 yards a carry in the postseason and Super Bowl. He also handled kick returns, averaging an impressive 29.8 yards a return in the regular season.

James also has served as the team's primary punt returner this offseason. Kyle Williams likely would take over those duties if, as expected, James cannot play early in the season. Rookie Quinton Patton handled the first two kick returns in Thursday's finale. He, Hunter, Perrish Cox or Williams are capable of handling those duties in James' absence. Receiver Lavelle Hawkins, who is believed to be on the roster bubble, returned a kickoff 105 yards for a touchdown in Sunday's game. He also had a 33-yard return in the second half against the Chargers.

-- Matt Barrows

Not a big deal to be honest not sure how much action LMJ was going to see with Hunter healthy. Plus it's not like he's out for the season.

Last edited:
Yea as long as hunter stays healthy LMJ can take his time to recover. Plus we also have dixon.

Last edited:
Hunter has looked great simce his return, so LMJ could rest up.

He doesnt look like a capable returner either.

Guess our 53?

QB (3) - KAEP/COLT/BJ
RB (3) - GORE/HUNTER/LMJ
FB (2) - BRUCE/DIXON
TE (3) - VD/MCDONALD/CELEK
WR (6) - BOLDIN/WILLIAMS/PATTON/BALDWIN/MOORE/HAWKINS
OL (8) - STALEY/IUPATI/DAVIS/GOODWIN/BOONE/LOONEY/SNYDER/KILGORE

OLB (4) - ALDON/BROOKS/LEMONIER/CAM JOHNSON
ILB (5) - WILLIS/BOWMAN/WILHOITE/SKUTA/MOODY
S (5) - REID/WHITNER/SPILLMAN/DAHL/ROBINSON
CB (5) - ROGERS/BROWN/ASOMUGHA/COX//BROCK
DL (6) - JUSTIN/MCDONALD/WILLIAMS/DORSEY/TUKUAFU/DOBBS
ST (3) - DAWSON/LEE/JENNINGS

Nah grew on 3rd and now live across the freeway by San Bruno ave, but went to school at MLK so I had a ton of homies from HP.
laugh.gif
I'm born in 92 tho
Yea I used to be in the point a lot been knew E. Wright and other homies from there during the big block west mobb beef era. Left the city 10 years ago tho and I don't be up there much no more but Ima def try to make it up for some home games this season

SANTA CLARA – You caravan into the Levi’s Stadium construction site, weave around cones and portable trailers, park your car and put on a hardhat and a uniform, like a player.

You see the stadium to the east. When you look at it, part of what you do is use your imagination. You imagine what it will look like when it’s done. Right now, it’s dirt and concrete and no color. When you use your imagination, the stadium lights up like the Emerald City in “The Wizard of Oz.”

A creek separates the stadium and the main parking lot to the west, the Great America parking lot, where you are. This will be the main parking lot on 49ers’ game day.

There’s a bridge over the creek. You walk over the bridge, and the tour guide tells you two more bridges will be built. It feels like you’re walking into a moated castle. On game days, you can imagine fans storming that castle.

Now the stadium is right in front of you and you’re facing the Suite Tower. It’s nine stories high. It does not have the feeling of Santa Clara or Silicon Valley. It does not feel like an extension of Great America, either. It looks like a stylish new apartment house of condos south of Market. San Francisco meets Santa Clara in that building. At least San Francisco is good for something.

The 49ers didn’t build their stadium in San Francisco, so they brought San Francisco to them. The new high rise is more San Francisco than Candlestick ever was.

The tour guide leads you into a construction elevator and takes you up to the first level of the stadium. He leads you to the northwest corner, which is hollowed out like a birthday cake missing a piece. Actually, Levi’s stadium is missing two pieces, one in the southwest corner, too. This opens up the stadium, the tour guide says. Candlestick was closed. But Levi’s Stadium can fill in the missing pieces with an extra 10,000 seats when it hosts the Super Bowl in 2016 and needs to accommodate 75,000 fans.

You look down at the field and you see dirt and a 325-foot crane and concrete seats. But then you use your imagination and you see the grass, you see the red seats, you see the two Jumbotrons over the end zones.

And you see the teams on the field. The 49ers are on the west sideline under the shade of the Suite Tower. Smart. The opposing team is on the east sideline baking in the sun as the sun dips west after halftime. Jim Harbaugh specifically requested the west side for his team, told the architects what he wanted even though they put the 49ers’ locker room under the east stands.

It’s halftime. The 49ers run through the opposition to the east locker room. The opposition runs through the 49ers to the west locker room. You imagine two teams bumping into each other at halftime and after the game.

You hear the tour guide say there are two locker rooms on the east side, one for the 49ers and one for another team, like, say, the Raiders if they ever become tenants. You make a note of that.

You look at the field again. It’s condensed and compact. It is not wide enough to fit a FIFA soccer match. No World Cup for Levi’s Stadium. That’s one of the sacrifices the 49ers made. It is a football-first venue, although it will host other events, like concerts and Wrestlemania. Levi’s Stadium is a finalist for Wrestlemania. You make a note of that.

There hardly is any room from the back of the end zone to Row 1, says the tour guide. Only a golf cart and an ambulance can fit. This place is the ultimate in football friendly.

You notice the stands are condensed, too. Most stadiums fan out like a giant bowl, and upper level seats seem miles away from the field. Not here. Each level is built on top of the other. It’s terraced. Call it the stacking concept. Call it good.

It’s extremely generous for the fans. Every person has a good seat. Every person is right on top of the action. It’s an intimate stadium. It is an homage to football the way AT&T Park is an homage to baseball.

People who attend games at Levi’s Stadium will feel like the stadium is as special as the franchise. For a long time, the 49ers had a practice facility that represented the franchise’s specialness, and then they went slumming in Candlestick. They were embarrassed to call it home – this is our home, but we’ll do better someday.

Aside from the location, which is controversial – it’s not San Francisco – Levi’s stadium captures the specialness of the franchise. You feel proud to be there instead of full of regret and embarrassment.

The tour guide says it will take an hour to drive from San Francisco to Santa Clara on game days when it opens for the 2014 season, and a half hour to park and walk to the stadium. He leads you back down the elevator, over the walking bride and to the parking lot.

You surrender the uniform and go home. The game is over.[\quote]

Pretty cool article that i found on twitter

Lavelle Hawkins got released. Guess the headcase issue was not cool with the coaching staff. Peace out.

Last edited:
Lavelle Hawkins got released. Guess the headcase issue was not cool with the coaching staff. Peace out.

Na, not a headcase issue, he's a legit talent who can play in the NFL, just got caught up in a numbers game. No point in keeping him if he was never going to see the field as a 6th receiver.

Damn, Brian Jennings gone?:frown:

Expectations for 49ers WR corps
August, 30, 2013
By Tom Carpenter | ESPN.com

Quinton Patton was an under-the-radar wide receiver in the 2013 draft, lasting until the San Francisco 49ers took him late in the fourth round. However, he has put himself on the radar with a couple of solid performances in the final two games of the preseason. Last night, he broke off a 43-yard touchdown and wrapped up that two-game stretch with a total of six catches for 87 yards and 2 TDs.

When the Niners picked Patton, they seemingly had plenty of WR depth and presumably liked the fact that he runs tight routes. That would have made him a nice long-term flier to see if he could develop into a player who could help them later in the year. Since then, though, Michael Crabtree went down and they gave up on A.J. Jenkins (traded for Jon Baldwin), which has opened up the door for Patton to move up the depth chart.

At this point, he seems locked in as a versatile No. 3 option behind Anquan Boldin and Marlon Moore, who caught five preseason passes for 55 yards and no scores. Both Moore and Patton will be worth keeping an eye on when the season gets underway; they could be valuable waiver-wire pickups, if things click. ESPN NFC West blogger Mike Sando told me another one to keep an eye on as a wild card is Kyle Williams, who has been practicing but skipped preseason action. Apparently, he is healthy and could end up starting.

As for Boldin, ESPN NFL Insider Tim Hasselbeck believes that the veteran will rack up more receiving yards with the 49ers than he ever did during his tenure with the Baltimore Ravens:

Eric Wright is in the 49ers' plans
August, 28, 2013
By Brent Sobleski | ESPN.com

The San Francisco 49ers placed cornerback Eric Wright on the reserve non-football injury/illness list this week. The designation allows the 49ers to keep Wright without using up a valuable roster spot until at least Nov. 11 depending on when he can return to practice.

The 49ers attempted to acquire Wright three times in the past year. The team originally pursued Wright in free agency a year ago. It unsuccessfully attempted a trade earlier this off season. The third time proved to be the charm when San Francisco signed the cornerback upon his release by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

The team does have plans for Wright once he's fully healthy and back on the field.

"We're looking forward to Eric getting back to being the player that he thinks he can be and we think he can be," San Francisco head coach Jim Harbaugh told Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com. "That would be a great story for him to be able to do that. It would be great for us if he can get there. We'll work with him."

Quality depth at cornerback is a concern in San Francisco. The team will rely heavily on Tarell Brown, Carlos Rogers and Perrish Cox. The team also expects to keep veteran Nnamdi Asomugha. Wright could eventually replace Asomugha in the rotation if Asomugha doesn't play to the level expected thought the first half of the season.

It will all depend on Wright's injury. Maiocco theorized it could be an ACL injury which hampered Wright in Tampa Bay last year. If Wright can get on the field and stay healthy, he will be one of San Francisco's top cornerbacks at some point this season.

Asomugha's future in San Francisco
August, 24, 2013
By Brent Sobleski | ESPN.com

Nnamdi Asomugha wasn't guaranteed a spot on the San Francisco 49ers roster when he signed an one-year deal with the team. As the season approaches, the likelihood of the 49ers retaining Asomugha continues to grow.

"Looks like Nnamdi has a really good shot at making the 49ers roster. Expect them to spell him and limit playing time," Ian Rapoport of NFL.com tweeted.

"49ers know Nnamdi isn't 25 anymore. They'll limit his snaps. They also love the chip on his shoulder, how he's out to restore his reputation."

If Asomugha is now likely to make the roster, recent acquisition Eric Wright is less likely. The team still has Carlos Rogers, Tarell Brown and Perrish Cox as part of the cornerback rotation.

Got ESPNinsider recently so I'll just post the 49er related articles in here when I see them. If y'all want me to stop just lemme know :lol:

EDIT-- Chad Hall and Austin Collie cut as well

Last edited:
sad to see the triple OG 49er Brian Jennings gone :frown:

Brian Jennings (@Jennings141): "I've been honorably discharged from the team I love."

Long-snapper Brian Jennings figured to set the franchise record for most consecutive games played when the 49ers open the regular season next Sunday against the Green Bay Packers.

But in a shocking move on cut day, the 49ers went with undrafted rookie Kevin McDermott to take the job Jennings held for the past 13 years.

Jennings, 36, a seventh-round draft pick in 2000, ends his 49ers career with 208 consecutive regular-season games, tying offensive lineman Len Rohde (1960-74) for the club record. He ended his 49ers career without a bad snap on punts, extra points and field goals.

After he was released Saturday morning, Jennings issued a statement to CSNBayArea.com:

Today, I feel as though I've been honorably discharged from the team I love.

First, I'd like to thank the York family: Dr. York, Denise, Jed, Tony, Jenna and Mara. You have blessed my life. God bless you.

I'd like to thank the men who brought me to the team and trusted me to contribute: Bill Walsh, John McVay and Bill McPherson.

To the various coaches that I played for, thank you, specifically, the first staff led by head coach Steve Mariucci. It was that group that taught me how to be a pro.

In addition, I'd like to thank this most recent staff, led by coach Jim Harbaugh, who has returned the 49ers to playing dominant football. I love this game and these men are true football men.

I'd like to thank my teammates who are my brothers and heroes. Some of them who had the greatest influence on me and my closest friends include: Ray Brown, Garrison Hearst, Derrick Deese, Ken Norton Jr., Jeff Garcia, Derek Smith, John Engelberger, Jeff Ulbrich, Julian Peterson, Eric Johnson, Terry Jackson, Brandon Lloyd, Frank Gore, Mike Robinson, Joe Nedney, Andy Lee and Vernon Davis.

Currently, the team is full of men who are more than capable of not only carrying on a tradition of winning but bringing championships back to the 49ers.

In a very real way I learned to be a man while with the 49ers -- molded through the preparation and performance of game day, completely tested while on and off the field this game, this team and this group of men made me who I am today.

God has blessed me, protected me and guided my path. Now, as I move on, I have faith that God will continue to do for me what He has done my entire life.

God bless you and God bless the San Francisco 49ers.

Look at that list of names. pretty much sums up how long BJ has been a Niner. Good luck to the homie and hopefully he can find a special teams coaching spot on the Niners in the near future. GOAT long snapper! :smokin

View media item 561180

Last edited:
Ive been reading that he was fighting it out for a spot... At the end its cheaper to keep the rookie

Guess they're planning extensions already so they want to free up money...

Just read that they saved $550,000... Does that much make a difference or is this more of a long term thing?

Reading the name Derek smith made me think bout the 3 years the niners started him at MLB he was awful.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom