Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Right when D'Antoni about to be introduced as head coach to the media.
laugh.gif
pops going to be happy
pimp.gif

Thank you DirectTV, my household was about to make the switch to boo-boo TWC. I'm sitting here at work in relief.

Someone post the Soulja Boy crying gif :lol:

congrats to directv customers. switched from directv to charter just yesterday, saving myself about 30/mo but still getting hbo/cinemax/shotime so it's all good, only complaint is I have to get used to the new channels and less HD channels :smh:

hopefully dish also gets it soon so everyone could all enjoy the games.

Last edited:
Love what Im hearing so far. He's talking about getting the players to stick to what theyre good at, thats exactly what we need. The role players need defined roles and need the game to be easier.

I was just about to ask why he has a country accent, I thought he was actually from Italy but he just said he grew up in West VA.
laugh.gif

Notes from his presser:

- Wants to get close to Showtime as possible, so he wants to pick Magic's brain
- This is not a project, they have a window and they have to get through it now. Built to win this year
- He tried coaching without Steve Nash and that didn't work out to well. Funny that when Steve feels better, he feels better
- Can move around and should be able to walk without a crutch by this weekend. Probably coaching Sunday, not Friday though
- Took about an hour and a half after Steve Nash got to Phoenix for the team to look good; so the process should not take too long (mentions Duhon)
- Offense philosphy: rhythm, open the floor, make things easy
- Knows Pau could be the most skilled post players in several years
- Steve's job to get everyone on the same page
- Biggest challenge: no camp
- Talks about Knicks: strike, no point guard, floundering led to it not working
- Didn't want to come in and fire all the coaches. Talked with Mitch, thinks they do a good job
- Can't wait to work with Pau. Play some 4, play some 5. Move him around and open it up for him. Get him to do what he does.
- Told Jodie Meeks the only time he needs to shoot is when he touches the ball. He's not in the league to drive. :lol:
- Told Metta "do what you do." Knows there will be time the team might be criticized for jacking up threes, but he thinks there's no reason the team shouldn't be offensively off the charts. There just might be bumps along the road.
- First time he had a balance of offense and defense.
- What precautions will he take given the age? None. He'll be watching to preserve guys like Steve and Kobe until they need to win, then it goes out the window.
- Kobe can come and cuss him out in Italian so no one would know. Most competitive guy he's been around.
- Likes an offensive flow, not calling plays.
- Wants everyone to be as efficient as Kobe.

He also mentioned that he's always tried to get Steve Blake on his team, so I guess he'll be around for a while. Maybe that will give him a little bit more confidence...

Really liking what I'm hearing from D'Antoni, real charismatic guy. Polar opposite of Mike Brown.

Last edited:
Liking what i heard from the presser.

I'm happy with this hire.

I'm sorry for overreaction of his hire.

And I am a happy camper in LA now :pimp:

More:

- Doesn't know where the tagline "Seven Seconds or Less" came from. He cares about "24 seconds or less" - get a good shot in the time allowed. Probably won't be as fast as the Suns.
- If you have the most skilled team, why not take as many possessions as you can? The fewer possessions, the more a bad call or mistake can be magnified.
- Create a pick and roll situation where Dwight's efficiency goes up, because a straight-up post-up is one of the least efficient situations. Dwight's touches can increase - if he goes up the court quick every possession, then he's unstoppable
- D'Antoni has wanted to get Steve Blake for years ( :lol:), because he feels like he's perfect for the system. He always went somewhere else.
- What he says doesn't count cause he's under heavy medication
- San Antonio beat Phoenix with small ball, so the small ball doesn't work argument is invalid. They just beat them because they were better.
- Just couldn't figure out NY point guards until Linsanity, which he says was another problem in itself (maybe referring to Melo? He didn't elaborate)
- Bench: Likes the Morris kid. Mentions Blake again. Jordan Hill's been playing well. They'll have to see who adapts. Meeks could be the Eddie House.
- Give players enough rope where they can feel good. You don't try to overcoach.
- Dwight/Pau are not as fast as Amare/Marion, but it doesn't matter. If it's in a flow, they'll work.
- Dan D'Antoni has a leg up because he knows what needs to be accomplished already

Def sounds convincing. Comes off as a players coach, this has me a little bit more at ease.

The only thing that has me worried is the defense...like in the playoffs when teams are able to dissect you
the time is winding down and its time to make 3 defensive stops in a row can we do it? This is what worries me the most.

Any word on Nate McMill coming on board??

Who was the "defensive" assistant? Because it sounds like the assistant staff is going to be the same plus his brother. So if someone handled defense before, it should stay the same, at least.

Eddie House.......? Where is Eddie, is he available? :lol:

Likes Morris, good, thank you. Work with him.

No D coach? Ummmmm

Will watch minutes, thank you Jesus.

Will look to use Pau. *nodding*

Meeks should only shoot when he touches it. You're not paid to drive. Mike D'Antoni, I like you a little bit more right now.

Ron, do what you do........Mike D'Antoni, I like you a little bit less right now.

Back
Top Bottom