Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Season ticket holder prices. So yes, discounted from what you would pay through ticketmaster. Great seats too. PM me if you're looking to go to a specific game that isn't OKC or Miami. It's from a corporate pool but they're usually available.

I'm def gonna hit you up for sure sometime this season!

Magic goes on air to say he believes in Dr. Buss, but not Jim Buss.

Essential is going to love this...

Magic the player =/= Magic the commentator

Magic as just a Laker... Cool dude... When he opens his mouth to talk basketball as a commentator, I couldn't give two ***** about what he has to say...

Last edited:
And again..... Jim Buss gets scapegoated for no reason

Nah, for good reason. Phil wants decision making ability and Jim aint coming off that.

Personnel decisions is not just Jim's responsibility, it's Mitch's as well..

If you're comfortable with Phil pushing the FO to make the decision to give Luke Walton 5 year/ $30 mil again... Then go ahead..

But I'd much rather have Jim & Mitch running the ship with a track record of getting **** done..

Phil has ABSOLUTELY ZERO track record for Front Office Success.. Great Coach =/= Great Front Office

I looked at Pau's stats and compared them to 2007/8 the year he was traded to Lakers.

Offensive Rebounds are up
Defensive Rebounds are up
Assists, Steals, Blocks, Turnovers are within .1 - .3 of each other in either direction
Offensive Rebound Rate is up
Defensive Rebound Rate is up
Total Rebound Rate is up
Usage Rate is down about 1.5%

Where he has seen trouble..

Is he's currently shooting 16% worse from the field
He's shooting .6 3pointers a game as compared to a total of 1 in those 27 games in LA. In 08/9 he took 2 all season.
He's taking 1 more shot a game, but 2 less free throws..

If he just shot an average of 53%. He'd have 1.6 more FGM per game, or 3.2 more ppg.

So he'd be just as good defensively, and 17 ppg, he averaged 18.9 ppg in 2007/8 with the Lakers & Grizz

Something has to be done with the rotation. Finding the right place for Pau where he is not losing his position at the hoop, and he's the second, rather than the third option would give us a reasonable Pau of the old.

17, 9 & 3, is great from the third option.

Also from 2010-11, which was probably the same as his prior years his shots in the paint are down 15.3% (Restricted are down 10% of shot distribution... The rest of the paint down 6% of shot distribution).

Need to find him a new rotation where he can be that guy for 15 or so minutes... If that means playing him strictly with the second unit for the 2nd and 3rd quarter exclusively.. Then so be it.

He's obviously slowed down a bit.. But from looking at it, I don't think it is as much him being bad, as it is him being not used properly to adapt to his age.

Last edited:
Does anyone else think that Bynum won't finish his career the normal way, i.e. through old age?

I get the feeling he's going to get bored and just quit. Straight Barry Sanders status :lol:

EDIT: Not that Barry quit because of old age, just finishing his career earlier than normal.

Last edited:
D' Antoni era starts Sunday...

Also Big Shot Bob is joining the TWC channel

Last edited:
D' Antoni era starts Sunday...
Also Big Shot Bob is joining the TWC channel

Damn, I saw that you wrote Big Shot Bob is joining...before click on the thread. I thought he was joining the Lakers squad to help them somehow with those 3's.

We can def bring him off the bench to hit some open 3s

Mjshoefanatic called the lakers pretenders while the clippers are contenders :rofl:

Last edited:
Mjshoefanatic called the lakers pretenders while the clippers are contenders :rofl:
dude is dumb as they come.

Let him gloat,fam. Season is still young. They're still chasing their first Pacific Division Title

This team has been playing with 4/5 starters and we have a 3rd string PG as our starting PG right now.

The decision for D'Antoni was actually Jerry Buss... This is where Jim becomes the scapegoat of things he shouldn't get blame for...
No it's not what the article was saying.. No owner makes trades, it's just not feasible, also due to the fact that GMs are the ones who develop the relationships with other GMs to get work done.. Any owner who stepped in that role would look foolish, regardless of what team it is... That's why Jerry Buss never made trades himself...
What the article was saying that together decisions are made on who to get, and how to get them.. Mitch uses his relationships with other GMs to get it done.

Im having a hard time believing this is a Jerry Buss decision. Every sign points to it being Jim's team to run.

As far as Pau goes, it obvious he is basically useless offensively with another big man. If he can't hit an 18 foot jumper 50% of the time he should go, Lakers need a stretch 4 bad, or someone like Kurt Thomas. A dependable tough defender who can consistently hit that shot

Last edited:
Im having a hard time believing this is a Jerry Buss decision. Every sign points to it being Jim's team to run.
As far as Pau goes, it obvious he is basically useless offensively with another big man. If he can't hit an 18 foot jumper 50% of the time he should go, Lakers need a stretch 4 bad

Thats why I don't like this..

I don't want a stretch 4. Like if we get bargani then we have ZERO chance in the west.

i jus think gasol needs to hit that shot

The only trade id want for gasol is jsmith and korver

The decision for D'Antoni was actually Jerry Buss... This is where Jim becomes the scapegoat of things he shouldn't get blame for...
No it's not what the article was saying.. No owner makes trades, it's just not feasible, also due to the fact that GMs are the ones who develop the relationships with other GMs to get work done.. Any owner who stepped in that role would look foolish, regardless of what team it is... That's why Jerry Buss never made trades himself...
What the article was saying that together decisions are made on who to get, and how to get them.. Mitch uses his relationships with other GMs to get it done.

As far as Pau goes, it obvious he is basically useless offensively with another big man. If he can't hit an 18 foot jumper 50% of the time he should go, Lakers need a stretch 4 bad, or someone like Kurt Thomas. A dependable tough defender who can consistently hit that shot

Jerry Buss makes all final decisions.. If he wanted Phil, he would have made Phil coach.

Put Jamison with Howard
Hill with Gasol

Allows us to have one post up guy throughout the game..

1st: 7 minutes of the 1st put Pau & Dwight together.. Then sit Pau. In comes Jamison..
2nd: Start of second with Pau & Hill.. 6 minutes. In comes Dwight.. Can either plays with Pau for a few minutes, or keep Hill in.. Then in comes Jamison to finish off the half (whether he replaces Pau or Hill stays in and Jamison goes to the 3 depends on how Hill is doing).
3rd: Pau & Howard start the 3rd for 6 minutes together.. Out goes Howard, in comes Hill. Pau and Hill finish up the quarter..
4th: Howard & Jamison to about the 7 minute mark.. Bring in Pau.. Let them finish the game together.

Something similar.. CP would be able to clean it up a little better.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom