Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Notes from his presser:
- Wants to get close to Showtime as possible, so he wants to pick Magic's brain
- This is not a project, they have a window and they have to get through it now. Built to win this year
- He tried coaching without Steve Nash and that didn't work out to well. Funny that when Steve feels better, he feels better
- Can move around and should be able to walk without a crutch by this weekend. Probably coaching Sunday, not Friday though
- Took about an hour and a half after Steve Nash got to Phoenix for the team to look good; so the process should not take too long (mentions Duhon)
- Offense philosphy: rhythm, open the floor, make things easy
- Knows Pau could be the most skilled post players in several years
- Steve's job to get everyone on the same page
- Biggest challenge: no camp
- Talks about Knicks: strike, no point guard, floundering led to it not working
- Didn't want to come in and fire all the coaches. Talked with Mitch, thinks they do a good job
- Can't wait to work with Pau. Play some 4, play some 5. Move him around and open it up for him. Get him to do what he does.
- Told Jodie Meeks the only time he needs to shoot is when he touches the ball. He's not in the league to drive. :lol:
- Told Metta "do what you do." Knows there will be time the team might be criticized for jacking up threes, but he thinks there's no reason the team shouldn't be offensively off the charts. There just might be bumps along the road.
- First time he had a balance of offense and defense.
- What precautions will he take given the age? None. He'll be watching to preserve guys like Steve and Kobe until they need to win, then it goes out the window.
- Kobe can come and cuss him out in Italian so no one would know. Most competitive guy he's been around.
- Likes an offensive flow, not calling plays.
- Wants everyone to be as efficient as Kobe.

knows pau could be the most skilled post player in several years?? please.. pa is already the most skilled player in the post.. even though he is not playing like we all know he, can doesnt mean he is not the most skilled post player in the game.. if there is anyone else, please name him.. i consider him better than duncan and kg.. so who else?

one thing i want to see different is that Pau goes more in the post...since last year he has been shooting 15-18 jumpers..i want to see him more near the free throw and shoot like he did before...i hope mike tells him to shoot more around that area...also jordan hill is shooting like pau..please god no

knows pau could be the most skilled post player in several years?? please.. pa is already the most skilled player in the post.. even though he is not playing like we all know he, can doesnt mean he is not the most skilled post player in the game.. if there is anyone else, please name him.. i consider him better than duncan and kg.. so who else?

No, he knows Pau has been one of the most skilled post players in the world for the past few years now, if not the best.

Then why does it say, he could be the most skilled, when he already is the most skilled post player?

- Knows Pau could be the most skilled post players in several years

Meant to read "could be considered the most skilled post player in the time period of the last several years." Forgive me for not phrasing it clearly since I was trying to jot down everything he said as he said it. I should've paid more attention in my shorthand class.

Last edited:
Laker brothers, stay in here and complain about the Clipper fans if you want, but do NOT go in their thread.
Why?
Cuz then they come in here, that's why. I think what was said was stupid too, but I'm not going to chase them down in their thread to tell em about it.
Save that for the Spurs thread. Actually, hold that, leave that for me.
laugh.gif

Just keep out of Clip thread, say what you want in here, where it's safe.
whats funny is the Lakers are so polarizing that even when they are not playing well they are still the talk of the town. I remember shortly after Miami won the championship, ESPN was showing the whole D12 to LA stuff more then talking about the champs. Even now, clippers are playing great but the main headline in LA is our coach...etc.  The clippers will always be team B in LA.

Love what Im hearing so far. He's talking about getting the players to stick to what theyre good at, thats exactly what we need. The role players need defined roles and need the game to be easier.

I was just about to ask why he has a country accent, I thought he was actually from Italy but he just said he grew up in West VA.
laugh.gif
Son where have you been the past 10 years or so? 

come on lakers fans dont get into the clippers thread and argue. dont forget we still run LA, the staples center is the home of the Lakers. we have our banners up there everyday. when people hear staples center they first think of Lakers, grammys and LA Kings...there are people who dont even know what clippers are..

anyways back to the lakers :smile:

It really would have been nice to have Barbosa off the bench. Im watching him on this celtics game right now. He could have ran the P-R with Meeks in at the 2, and just play kick and pop.

Like what I heard from the presser so far. Seems to know what the players tendencies are and what they do best. D'Antoni telling Meeks to shoot and not drive :lol:

In all honesty Not that it would EVER happen but i would trade dwight in a package for Deng/Noah in a heartbeat

It'd take a lot of effort, and it'd still be very difficult to make a worse trade.

But you did spark ideas of other trades to Chicago that I kind of like. Thanks for that :D. Pushes our cap space bananza back 1 year, but 2015, is just as nice as 2014.

Last edited:
^ You knew it was coming though :lol:

But I'll say this.. As a whole I don't hate Steve Blake.. I just hate the player he is on the Lakers. If he played the way he did before he came to the Lakers, I would have nothing to say. There is no reason he should be shooting less than 40% when he's considered a shooter, he's like the 7th option on this team, and he's consistently wide open. Even 40% is low, but I'll give him that pass because 60% of his shots are threes. There is no excuse for a PG playing 26 minutes per game to be averaging 5.1 & 3.4. No excuse for it.

There's no excuse for time after time missing that open shot. Sure he gets 1 or 2. But misses the other 4 or 5.

I like his effort. His defense is atrocious, but at least he's trying out there. Unlike Jamison, who plays Matador defense.

All I ask from Steve Blake is to give me 7 & 5.5 in 26 minutes.. That really isn't asking much.

Hollinger's analysis on Blake "The first one you could write off as a bad season, perhaps. But after two in a row, it's getting increasingly difficult to justify Blake's continued presence in the Lakers' rotation. His main role is as a long-distance sniper, yet his TS% has been below the league average in both seasons in L.A. Last season he averaged just 8.9 points per 40 minutes and hit only 33.5 percent of his 3s -- that just won't get it done. "

The fact that he doesn't do it is why I hate him.. And until he gives that consistently he has no place on this team.

Same with Pau. If he isn't going to give 17 & 9 on 53-55% shooting, he has no place either. I'm not saying trade Pau now, but that's where his play needs to be from D'Antoni's 1st Game to New Year's. If he's at 15 & 9 at 47% shooting, it's time to move on from Pau to the Bulls, and push back our reload to 2015 as opposed to 2014.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom