Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
when dwight is out with the 2nd unit, they need to find ways to get him the ball. the lineup with steve, artest, meeks, dwight, and jamison? i think. i think blake makes a conscious effort but i think artest is the biggest culprit.

artest is my dude, but watching him stall the offense is so frustrating. a few times i saw dwight get really good low post position and artest would look at him, and just hold the ball and make the pass way too late. :smh:

he plays hard and he has heart, ill give him that. but hoisting those off balance jumpers and watching him try to go iso is :x :lol:

Last edited:
Nash is right. What kind of team are we? Are we a fastbreak, score in 10 seconds or less type of offense? Nope. Do we run our offense through the post? Occassionaly we do. See LA v. Miami. We ran our offense through Kobe in the post EVERY SINGLE POSSESSION. But we're not that type of team...or Dwight would see his touches increase. Do we pick and roll teams to death like Houston? Not quite. Even though some people we have the personnel for it. It Do we play lockdown defense and force turnovers to create offense? LOL...not even.

So once again. What type of team are we? We still don't know. It was mentioned once before that our offensive system (if you can call it that) is playground ball. I watch these games and what I see is Kobe (and some Nash) dominating the ball until they find the opportunity to make the right basketball play via plays in the post or pick and rolls. I'm not blaming this ALL on D'Antoni either...a lot can be said about our team not having an identity because of injuries, new "systems", unfamiliarity, styles not meshing, egos, and on and on...but Nash, IMO, is right.

Last edited:
thought nash was right too based on how we always run the offense through kobe. and kobe being kobe, we never know if hes in scoring mode or passing mode

we wont have an identity until we become consistent on both ends of the floor and know what we expect from each guy

i do think with dantoni going with a 8 man rotation helps a bit

Zone is what kept Dwight from getting the ball. They made it a point of emphasis to keep Dwight from getting the ball once Pek got out..

Fortunately for us, it opened up the 3

Eyes on Mitch :nerd:

Edit:

Last edited:
In the last 4 games, Kobe has averaged 35 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 6+ APG while shooting 60% from the field and 53% from beyond the arc. Kobe has been on another one of those runs lately where he is just feeling it. Damn I'm going to be sad when he retires,

TRADING YOLO BYNUM WAS THE SMARTEST MOVE EVER, even if D12 is a rental.

Andrew Bynum has another setback

Updated: March 1, 2013, 4:17 PM ET
By Brian Windhorst | ESPN.com

Andrew Bynum doesn't want to play in pain. After yet another setback in his recovery from knee injuries, there's dwindling hope that he will play at all for the Philadelphia 76ers this season.

Bynum took part in just a few minutes of practice last week, a five-on-zero drill that wasn't even a full scrimmage. It was the first time he'd been able to be involved in any practice since the 76ers traded for him last summer.

Bynum
Bynum

Bynum experienced swelling and discomfort in his right knee after the practice, he told reporters in Philadelphia on Friday. Bynum had believed for months that rest and rehab on bone bruises in both knees would allow him to play this season. Just 10 days ago he declared he'd "definitely be back sometime" this season.

"It's getting late. I don't know [about playing this season]," Bynum said. "I don't want to play in pain. ... I'm 25, it's my life."

The 76ers, who are on a seven-game losing streak that has dropped them six games back from the last playoff spot in the Eastern Conference, have 26 games remaining.

After the brief and surprising appearance at practice last week, 76ers coach Doug Collins doused optimism by saying it looked as though Bynum was still far away from being able to play in games because of conditioning issues.

"I know it's tough on him, he wants to play," Collins said Thursday. "We traded for him to come in here and play, and he hasn't been able to and that's hard. Hard on him and hard on everyone, and so I feel badly."

Bynum played 72 of 78 games (including playoffs) for the Los Angeles Lakers last season before the 76ers traded for him in a blockbuster deal in August. After a procedure in Germany aimed at strengthening his knees, it was discovered that he had a bone bruise in his right knee in September. A similar bone bruise was discovered in his left knee in November following a night out bowling.

Bynum, who is earning $16.9 million this season, is scheduled to become a free agent in July.

"I think being healthy is more important than everything else," he said. "If I am healthy, I'll get a deal. I have to be able to play and I need to get to the point with my body where I'm able to play, however long that takes."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

If the Lakers had to sit around and wait for him this year, Kobe and Nash probably would've both up and retired

I start feeling sorry for Bynum but he doesn't seem to hurt by the fact he can't touch the court and he made $17 mil.

If he don't play this year and is a free agent, I wonder what will happen to dude. "There's a bank in every city" but how long are the checks gonna keep coming in for after this year?...

Makes otherwise meaningless basketball games to me fun tho. now i got more incentive to catch more games :lol:

Back
Top Bottom