Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jackson,Sloan,and JVG seriously I have no idea. I would have liked SVG but we have Dwight so that wont happen. :lol:

Last edited:
Think about that first sentence and that last sentence :smh:

lol, was about to say the same thing. The team just looks like they dontt give a damn on D, besides Howard. The coach can preach defense all he wants, but its up to players to actually put in that effort on the court.

lol, was about to say the same thing. The team just looks like they dontt give a damn on D, besides Howard. The coach can preach defense all he wants, but its up to players to actually put in that effort on the court.

no its up to the players to actually buy in to what their coach is telling them. Who runs the asylum?

Exactly.......and for whatever reason it still gets pinned back on the coach.

This ain't college basketball, you shouldn't have to try and get players to "buy in". You were given a contract to contribute to the team, don't point the finger at the coach and say "well he's not teaching them right". So far from what I've seen, its not a system issue, its an effort issue

It's the coach and the players. Mike Brown really is a great coach man. If you think the lakers are catching L's because of Brown alone i'd have to definitely disagree. Anytime a team isn't performing well, or, winning, everybody's to blame. Yeah mike brown offense isn't working, but he didn't go 12 for 31 in game 1, etc. It's a team. And yeah you shouldn't panic after two games, but I feel like whether its the first two games or last two games any team that loses two games in a row has problems that need to be corrected. Every team goes through stretches like this throughout the season and if you don't correct it you lose 3 in a row, 4 in a row, and so on. You're never supposed to get too high, or too low, but that doesn't mean just accept losses cause its the first two games of the season. There are obvious issues that need to be resolved both by coach brown and the lakers. They should be fine though...at least I think they will. They do not look fluent at all through two games though.

Last edited:
It's the coach and the players. Mike Brown really is a great coach man. If you think the lakers are catching L's because of Brown alone i'd have to definitely disagree. Anytime a team isn't performing well, or, winning, everybody's to blame. Yeah mike brown offense isn't working, but he didn't go 12 for 31 in game 1, etc. It's a team. And yeah you shouldn't panic after two games, but I feel like whether its the first two games or last two games any team that loses two games in a row has problems that need to be corrected. Every team goes through stretches like this throughout the season and if you don't correct it you lose 3 in a row, 4 in a row, and so on. You're never supposed to get too high, or too low, but that doesn't mean just accept losses cause its the first two games of the season. There are obvious issues that need to be resolved both by coach brown and the lakers. They should be fine though...at least I think they will. They do not look fluent at all through two games though.

Mike Brown has done nothing in his coaching career to warrant the label of a great coach........slow down guy :lol:

If brown wants to improve the defense then he needs to sit Pau and start Hill. Pau is the main culprit. Lazy defines him.

I hate Mike Brown but the defensive woes should not be pinned on him look at our starting lineup

Pau - has played horrible defense for years even under Jackson
Metta - strong and good hands but lacks speed, players get by him
Dwight - Only bright side of the defense even though he is not the same yet
Nash - horrible defender
Kobe - gambles and gets burnt often, the worse part is that he thinks he's playing great defense :x

and from the bench Hill is the only good defender, this is a personnel/skill issue and not coaching... The only player whose effort is worth questioning is Pau's, an opposing player should never grab a rebound over you :smh:

Mike Brown has done nothing in his coaching career to warrant the label of a great coach........slow down guy
laugh.gif
In 05-06 Mike along with Bron and company took a wack cleveland team from the year before and got to 50 and 32. The next year he went 50 and 32 and got to the NBA finals. Next year he was 45 and 37 and lost in the conference semis. The next year he went 66 and 16 and lost in the conference finals. The next year he went 61 and 21 and lost in the conference semis. And last year as coach of the lakers in his first season they were a top 4 team in the west with a 62 percent winning percentage. Granted, those years in cleveland he had lebron. But the supporting cast wasn't all that and no coach wins anything without talent.He hasn't got a ring yet, but that doesn't mean he isn't a great coach (See jerry sloan, George Karl, etc). So I ask you, why isn't he a great coach ? Any team he's behind is one of the best teams in the league year in and year out.

If brown wants to improve the defense then he needs to sit Pau and start Hill. Pau is the main culprit. Lazy defines him.
Yeah but hill compared to pau offensively is a liability. What pau can give you offensively, is a lot more than hill can give you on D. Hill against starting units ? That'd be like the lakers playing 4 on 5 offensively almost.  Could work though. What they got going now isn't working.

Somebody needs to tell Gasol not to show out too much when guarding the PnR. He goes way beyond the 3pt line that's why he is always late going back to his man... I don't know that's just what I've observed from him ever since he became a Laker.

Btw, what's Nash's status?

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter

Real sore, not serious. RT @KevinDing: Nash said he was kneed on outside of lower left leg & is "hopeful" he can play Friday vs. Clippers.

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter

Nash on his lower leg: "I’ve had contusions before but not necessarily in this spot. It’s kind of frustrating."

He'll be fine... just have to see how it is on Friday.

Good to know it's not serious. Can't afford any setbacks this early and still trying to figure out the team. Nash been getting hit quite a bit lately though

I am pro Mike Brown now. I've switched sides. Anyone that can play Dwight 41, Kobe 39 and Pau 38 in a double digit loss, second of a back to back is cool in my book. :pimp:

:lol: :lol:

I wasn't able to watch last night; I normally don't like to judge games based on box scores but I think I'm safe in saying that 116 points is too many.

Even though I am no fan of Brown as a coach, I don't think the blame for the defensive issues lies squarely with him. He had some crappy rosters in Cleveland and they always were one of the better defensive teams in the league. They had a defensive mentality that our guys just don't possess, pretty much from top to bottom with the exception of MWP and Dwight. We have a lot of guys who either have never been effective players on D in their entire career (Gasol, Nash, Jamison, Blake) or are too old at this point (Kobe). I hope they turn it around defensively but they might just be too old/lazy as individuals to be as good on D as Brown's other teams.

Also looking at the box score I see Dwight was 15-19 on FT's?!?!

Last edited:
Do your friends blow up your phone after a Lakers lost? Being a Lakers fan outside of LA you tend to deal with alot of haters :lol:
We lost because we didn't play D
The 3 quick fouls Ebanks picked up were a joke
Got real heated when Pavlovic got his own rebound after a missed free throw - 4 point play :x

Not worried.......yet.

Last edited:
Nash is his own system, he can find guys in their preferred spots and dish to them.
Nash is old, and can't play defense. 

Nash has been getting killed by all of the top tier point guards as of late...and at 38 he's not the answer at point that the Lakers need. 

Nash is old, and can't play defense. 

Nash has been getting killed by all of the top tier point guards as of late...and at 38 he's not the answer at point that the Lakers need. 

Nash has been getting killed by top tier guards for about the past 10 years now. That's not the issue. That's why #12 is back there to protect the rim which we saw happen a few times last night.

And The Lakers and that system is not the answer that Nash needs. He might as well have gone to New York or Toronto. That "Princeton" offense has him TOTALLY out of his element. It's been painful to watch him basically be Steve Blake since the preseason. He's at his best in a fast pace uptempo system where he can wheel and deal. Never seen Nash stand in a corner as much as he has with the Lakers. What was the point of signing him if he's just going to stand in a corner?

Smh at OUR fans in this thread... 2 games in for a team that hasn't played together but a few weeks and I see a lot of improvements... The flaws are gonna be there in Oct, Nov, and Dec but c'mon y'all have to look at the 2nd half of the season

Back
Top Bottom