Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rather get these L's early on the season than at the end of the seaspm.
This team will click, its just a matter of how soon.

THIS AGREED...now only if we can just get rid of BROWN :x i'm joining that TEAM FIRE MIKE BROWN now lol :rofl:

+1 for that sig :tongue:

Last edited:
Just wondering, Mike Brown was hired cause he was a defensive coach? I'm still wondering what he does well.

On the bright side, D12 is getting into it.

Kobe still refuses to play any D.

:lol:

Just wondering, Mike Brown was hired cause he was a defensive coach? I'm still wondering what he does well.
On the bright side, D12 is getting into it.
Kobe still refuses to play any D.
:lol:

Think about that first sentence and that last sentence :smh:

LMAO Kobe is horrible on D man...and we ALL know he's gonna be All Defensive 1st team AGAIN :rofl:

Mike Brown offense just isn't clicking for this team imo.

Coaching change by midseason if the Lakers are teetering 500%

Howard is cooking though

Last edited:
:\ What's so wrong with Mike Brown all of a sudden? He seemed to be God's gift to coaching for you around 2009 and 2010, and the main reason why the Cavs went from the best record in the league two straight seasons to the second worst and record setting 26 losses in a row.

Yeah, let's go scapegoatin'. More help is needed. Call Delonte West, he'll solve the Lakers' problems.

positives for the night:

offense looks more fluid. i posted earlier about not always trying to run that motion offense and run the break when possible. looked like the case tonight.
dwight's looking good and his free throw shooting looking decent

negatives:

turnovers and points off of turnovers. have to be more careful with the ball. i can see this improving as they get more used to each other.
i feel there are positions where artest feels like he has to get his. he wont move the ball around, charge into the lane to try and post up/jack up a 3. he has to know his role
defense. kobe still gambling out there and not playing position defense. lack of communication. slow rotations. need to improve this.
rebounding. players aren't boxing out and aren't active. have to want it more.

all in all, everyone expected us to lose. portland is a tough place to play, on a 2nd night of a back to back. not sweating it.

lets get it friday 8)

Last edited:
If the defensive woes can somehow get resolved with this team early, things will bode tremendously well. Can clearly contest with other teams in Points output even with a lingering Nash and lackluster bench!

In 10 minutes I got it.... GM Hat on

Step 1:
First thing I would do is go talk to Mike Brown and say “Look Metta has to come out of the starting lineup.” Yes I want him playing with the starters, but not as a starter.. Make Jamison the starting 3 for now to see if it lights a fire under Metta’s ***.. As well as Jamison who needs the boost.. On the court with 4 Potential All Stars will be tremendous for him offensively. Our starters play 7-9 minutes a quarter. Jamison starts and plays 7 minutes with the starters. Second Quarter Metta plays 7-9mins with the starters… 3rd Quarter Jamison 7-9 mins with Starters.. 4th Quarter Metta 7-9 minutes with the starters. Also get Metta 7 minutes with the Second Unit. Ebanks plays the rest of the minutes at the 3 (Assuming there is 8-12 minutes left).. Jamison will get about 6 minutes at PF. Hill gets 18 minutes. Sacre garbage minutes.. Pau & Howard the rest
May look complicated but what I’m saying:
SF: Jamison 14-18/ Metta 24-25/ Ebanks 8-12
PF: Pau 22/ Jamison 8-10 / Hill 16-18
C: Howard 34/ Pau 12/ Sacre 2-4

Step 2:
It’s time to play odd man out.. Someone has to get cut.. DJO makes the least amount $473K. He had a spot lined up to play in Russia or or something…He also won't get playing time this year or next.. And if he’s available come next year considering his contract will have expired, we can get him without waiting the year period.

This opens up a roster space for signing Delonte West who will now be our primary backup. With Blake getting a few minutes in the second quarter. Also cut Nash’s minutes to 30.

Step 3:
We shop Duhon and we shop Blake (preferably Blake because he’s easier to trade based on skill).. Cavs desperately need a backup PG. We can actually trade Blake for a TPE because the Cavs have $10mil in cap space. But if need be we take back a Boobie Gibson or Omri Casspi. Casspi was supposed to be traded in the offseason, but they couldn’t find a taker. He’s currently 3rd on the depth chart for SF. He didn’t even play in the opener, when Luke got 12 mins of play.. Hell we could even take Luke who is expiring..

Step 4:
Assuming Casspi is the most likely, it leaves us at a good spot.. We’d have Morris, Duhon, Clark, Ebanks, Jamison, Casspi all technically 1 year deals.. Duhon is only $1.5mil guaranteed for next year... And we wait a few months. We look for teams who would want cap space, and are just out of the reach of the playoffs. In my mind the Wizards are a prime example.
Wall, Beal, Okafor & Nene will be $39mil in salary next year... About $12 mil more left in salaries that are all Team Options..And Wall would be in his last year before restricted FA in 2014-2015 where he will get a max deal based on every middle of the pack PG getting $9-10mil.

Trevor Ariza will be sitting on a player option next year. That he will likely take. At $7.7mil.
Keeping Ariza will put them at around $46-48 mil. Without the options on Vesely, Serapin, Singleton, Booker & Crawford. Vesely & Crawford would definitely be picked up. Which puts them at only $8mil of space on 7 players..
Getting rid of Ariza will allow them to get 1 solid starting piece through free agency, and some complimentary bench pieces. And have $10-20 mil in cap the year Wall becomes a RFA (after signing Wall)..

So you offer Casspi, Clark & Duhon (or any combination of the Lakers at $7mil of 1 year contracts) to the Wizards for Ariza come the trade deadline. And the Wizards save $6million next year and all they have to do is buy out Duhon for $1.5mil, or try to trade him before the deadline hits July 1, 2013. Or have Lakers pay part of it in the trade.

This is assuming the Wizards are outside of the playoffs come All Star Break.. Which is 50/50. They're still a year out. If they are looking to make the playoffs.. Look elsewhere for a backup 3.

Then you go into the playoffs with a bench of
West
Morris
Meeks
Ariza
Ebanks
Jamison
Hill
Sacre

GM Hat off

Last edited:
Brown is a horrible coach. He has to get Artest off the damn starting lineup. Dude has been trying to do way too much. It will be impossible to get into
an offensive rhythm with him forcing stuff. He has been getting TORCHED on the defensive end as well.

Get Jamison in there. His defense can not be that much worse than Artest's.

Also, the main culprit on defense is Gasol. He is always late to everything and gives up on plays. Other bigs literally tear the ball from his hands for putbacks at least twice a game.

Morris needs to get cut ASAP to make a roster spot for Delonte.

Get Jamison in there. His defense can not be that much worse than Artest's.
Morris needs to get cut ASAP to make a roster spot for Delonte.

Oh it is..

And if someone got cut it'd be DJO.. 1. Last man in, first one out.. 2. He's less ready than Morris. 3. His contract is 1/3 of Morris... So it wouldn't be as big a hit to us. And because he's such a tweener guard, he's unlikely to get picked up.. So he'd be around next year.

Oh it is..
And if someone got cut it'd be DJO.. 1. Last man in, first one out.. 2. He's less ready than Morris. 3. His contract is 1/3 of Morris... So it wouldn't be as big a hit to us. And because he's such a tweener guard, he's unlikely to get picked up.. So he'd be around next year.

Morris is not even NBA material. He has never been ready.

It seems every team in the league have 3 point shooters except the Lakers. The team would be deadly with a 3point shooting SF that wasn't stupid.

I don't like Mike Brown, but if he's fired the guys have to learn another new system. Who would we even bring in at this point?

Back
Top Bottom